Brother falsely accused of historic child abuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cazzle18 View Post
    I don't honestly know why the CPS are prosecuting ..... the statement is a load of rubbish. We've been told that after the Magistrate's hearing, we'll get a full 30 or page document...is this supposedly a more detailed account? I know the FA keeps adding more 'assaults' .... she's suddenly remembered them, 3 months after the initial arrest ! I worded something wrong above too.... I meant to put that the deceased witness (in whose residence the assaults apparently took place) did not live in a 2 storey residence - it was one level (due to her disabilities). The FA has described a bedroom in so much detail ...but, it's the wrong address (and wrong bedroom) that goes with the dates the FA says (and she says she is certain about the dates the assaults happened thirty something years ago). The FA has dug herself so deep in lies it's going to be hard for her to get back out.
    Stay as positive as you both can. I cant advise on your case, but can only offer support. I have found it incredulous since finding this forum, there are so many innocent folks being accused. One FA words against another.

Big hug for you xxx

Comment

have you gone through their facebooks??? (even though some seem very private you can look back several years ago) worth a look, and screenshot anything that might help, even if you are not sure its worth doing it as may prove useful later, and maybe look through those linked with FA??
      "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Originally posted by hello88 View Post
        have you gone through their facebooks??? (even though some seem very private you can look back several years ago) worth a look, and screenshot anything that might help, even if you are not sure its worth doing it as may prove useful later, and maybe look through those linked with FA??

Yes, she made her Facebook private in mid November..... she's not really posted anything of any significance on it up until then ...she puts photos of her late father on there and says how much she adored him (she used to beat him up!!!) x

Comment

Court today

Brother appearing in court today (magistrate's). Will give updates as and when I know anything. He's also been refused Legal Aid and has had a legal bill of around £10,000 (which he can pay in monthly installments of £1900 !!!!!!!!) ...absolutely ridiculous! He's never been out of work and has never asked the government for anything. This is what you get for working hard for nearly 40 years of your life - absolutely zilch :/

Comment

Do you mean that he has to pay "contributions" or that he cannot get any LA at all?
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Fingers crossed for you. That amount of money is ridiculous- hope it's well spent
              They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                Do you mean that he has to pay "contributions" or that he cannot get any LA at all?
                He can't get any help at all. Legal Aid have asked for proof of his outgoings and they're only allowing bills that are a 'necessity' (mortgage, council tax etc). I think they want him to starve to be honest. From what I can gather, they want him to pay all his bills and mortgage out of £600 per month.... the rest of his earnings Legal Aid want. Can he get the court costs back afterwards? (It's very annoying as the FA has two businesses and she gets full legal aid !!!)

Comment

Meant to add, I've searched for her businesses with companies house and neither are registered. I searched both her name and the name of the two businesses she owns/runs - and nothing comes up on the search - I wanted to see her profit/assets. I've queried it with companies house as it seems 'dodgy' that she isn't listed...nor is she listed with another government office that she should be registered with for her type of business. I don't think she is declaring everything to be perfectly honest....but, knowing what a liar she is ...it doesn't surprise me !

Comment

He can't get any help at all. Legal Aid have asked for proof of his outgoings and they're only allowing bills that are a 'necessity' (mortgage, council tax etc). I think they want him to starve to be honest. From what I can gather, they want him to pay all his bills and mortgage out of £600 per month.... the rest of his earnings Legal Aid want. Can he get the court costs back afterwards? (It's very annoying as the FA has two businesses and she gets full legal aid !!!)

So he does have legal aid but has to pay contributions - yes? He needs to double check that.

Comment

So he does have legal aid but has to pay contributions - yes? He needs to double check that.
                      My mistake - that's the bill he has to pay his solicitor. No, he's not getting any legal aid whatsoever. Following court appearance, we got 106 pages of statements/legal stuff and it's the greatest work of fiction since War and Peace. The FA was re-questioned after the DVD's were handed in. She initially said she hadn't had any contact with my brother since she was 16. After her second interview, the police reminded her she was under oath and she blurted out she went to family occasions.... and even went so far to say she left her children in the care of my brother. So, it went from 'no contact at all' to her completely changing her story to admitting she visited him regularly at his home!!! The ex con she has in tow was supposed to corroborate the FA testimony of the night she supposedly confronted her father about the allegations. The ex con hasn't even got his story to match hers...different addresses, different people there, different time and date...it's laughable to be perfectly honest. He's her only 'witness' too.

My brother is more at ease now he knows we're up against the two village idiots.... the inconsistencies in their statements have made me question what the CPS are actually doing with their time. Her testimony is a lot of 'erm - I don't remember' or 'I don't recall'.... answers to questions that can be checked up on. The solicitor has warned my brother that his story could be in the national newspapers and he could still lose his job as a result of all this! Have others on here lost their jobs and also what do you tell your boss when the court date comes up ? He hasn't told his boss yet - he's terrified of people looking at him as guilty until proven innocent. Do you say 'I've got to appear in court as a witness' ...a sort of half truth? I think this is what is upsetting him most - losing the job he loves. He doesn't work with children or anything like that - he's in construction

Comment

After her second interview, the police reminded her she was under oath and she blurted out she went to family occasions.... and even went so far to say she left her children in the care of my brother.
                        if she is the complainant and being interviewed by the police then she would not be being interviewed under caution. Nobody is interviewed under oath. Suspects are interviewed under caution, never under oath.

I am worried that the advice you seem to be getting is wrong, as it seems that you were told that she was reminded that she was "under oath" while being interviewed.

You mention the solicitor - so your brother is paying privately. It sounds as though you have no confidence in them. Can I ask who they are, please?

Some cases are in the media unless the complainant could be identified. Many do not hit the headlines.

Do you say 'I've got to appear in court as a witness' ...a sort of half truth?
                        He doesn't have to tell anyone anything if he doesn't want to.
                        Last edited by Rights Fighter; 8 January 2016, 09:39 AM.

Comment

if she is the complainant and being interviewed by the police then she would not be being interviewed under caution. Nobody is interviewed under oath. Suspects are interviewed under caution, never under oath.

I am worried that the advice you seem to be getting is wrong, as it seems that you were told that she was reminded that she was "under oath" while being interviewed.

You mention the solicitor - so your brother is paying privately. It sounds as though you have no confidence in them. Can I ask who they are, please?

Some cases are in the media unless the complainant could be identified. Many do not hit the headlines.

He doesn't have to tell anyone anything if he doesn't want to.

Sorry it is under caution - i'm flicking through 106 pages of bumf lol (not had anything to do with the police before so got confused).... He said that reporting restrictions would be lifted and it could be in the national press.
                          Last edited by Casehardened; 8 January 2016, 02:55 PM. Reason: edited at request of poster

Comment

I meant to add earlier. The six or seven accounts of alleged abuse or rape occurred around or on the FA's birthday. No other dates. This set alarm bells ringing inside my head as she has chosen those dates so she wouldn't forget what she has said. It seems odd that someone would only abuse someone on their birthday (or the day before or after) and the other 363 days of the year nothing happened. It's very odd. The solicitor has said that the case is so flimsy and he wouldn't like to be defending the FA. But, he's warned us today that the legal costs can escalate further ! Is there any way of getting the money back at the end of the case?

Comment

Brother has asked for his solicitor not to be named - can I have the post edited if possible?

Comment

Sorry it is under caution - i'm flicking through 106 pages of bumf lol (not had anything to do with the police before so got confused).... He said that reporting restrictions would be lifted and it could be in the national press.
                                Your brother's accuser was interviewed under caution? I cannot see how a complainant would be interviewed under caution unless it is because the police believe he is a suspect of a crime.

She may have been told that she has to tell the truth and that she could get into trouble if later on she is found to be lying. She wouldn't be interviewed under caution when being interviewed for a complaint of rape she is making.

Not all cases make it to the headlines. It really depends on what they have to print that might be more important. We have had people on here whose cases never made it into the media and some who did.
                                Last edited by Casehardened; 8 January 2016, 07:50 PM. Reason: edited at request of OP

Comment

Working...
                                X