Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a while...

Hi,

I posted on here a while ago, was expecting my partner (now my ex) to go on trial earlier this year, the case got postponed.
    Well today I believe the Jury is giving their verdict. I just want to know what happens after that, will he go straight to prison if found guilty??
    I'm really worried, even though we are not together I don't want him to be found guilty. We have a young child together.
    I don't think he will have come across very well in court either.. He started drinking after the accusations and it's gotten progressively worse along with his behaviour (hence why we broke up).
    Sorry this post is a bit waffly.. I'm just worried and have no one to talk to.

Originally posted by Needadvice1 View Post
    Hi,

I posted on here a while ago, was expecting my partner (now my ex) to go on trial earlier this year, the case got postponed.
    Well today I believe the Jury is giving their verdict. I just want to know what happens after that, will he go straight to prison if found guilty??
    I'm really worried, even though we are not together I don't want him to be found guilty. We have a young child together.
    I don't think he will have come across very well in court either.. He started drinking after the accusations and it's gotten progressively worse along with his behaviour (hence why we broke up).
    Sorry this post is a bit waffly.. I'm just worried and have no one to talk to.
    Hi
    I'm not legally trained but I think that you have to return for sentencing in some cases.
    If he wasn't remanded before then I think this is the case, unless there is a flight risk?
    I may be wrong but someone will correct me!!
    Hope he gets the right verdict.
    It's a horrible thing to be in the hands of 12 strangers!!
    Let us know the outcome.
    YoH

Comment

I don't think there's a hard and fast rule - my OH was on bail but remended in custody to await sentencing. But it doesn't always happen
      They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

You say you think the verdict was yesterday but also you are worried he won't come across well. Has he given evidence yet? If not, then verdicts will come after closing speeches and the Judge's Summing Up.

On the day verdicts are expected he really should take a "nasty bag" with him. This should include:

sets of underwear,
        a small address book with important names and addresses and telephone number - this cannot have metal edges or metal spine.
        postage stamps
        writing paper
        books to stave off boredom - preferably brand new in a wrapper.
        toiletries but none containing alcohol
        medical prescription list and his current medications
        several new black biros
        trainers

If he is convicted and sent down straight away he ill need that with him in the dock, otherwise he will have nothing when he leaves, and he cannot have anything handed to him after.

If found guilty he could be remanded into custody, or given bail, pending sentence, or he might be sentenced immediately after conviction.

Hopefully he won't need the bag and it's a not guilty, but always better to err on the side of caution
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
        X