Struggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling

I had been coping OK, and carrying on with life, but it hit me hard again last night, and I can't help going over and over the worst case scenario in my head. I'm also finding it hard to understand how someone can be so evil as to accuse me of something I didn't do.

I haven't been charged, so there's obviously a long way to go before anything happens, but carrying on as normal is very difficult sometimes. I pray that justice will prevail and everything will be dropped, but the nagging fear of the worst is eating away at me.

Hi there

Well the positive is, you have yet to be charged.

Take the time now to try and collect any Information that might be able to help you if you do get charged. It's always better to be proactive.

People make accusations all the time, try your best to put all your energy into doing something positive which can help you.

Please ask any question you have and I will try my best to answer it.

Chin up IG

Comment

Originally posted by scared111 View Post
      I had been coping OK, and carrying on with life, but it hit me hard again last night, and I can't help going over and over the worst case scenario in my head. I'm also finding it hard to understand how someone can be so evil as to accuse me of something I didn't do.

I haven't been charged, so there's obviously a long way to go before anything happens, but carrying on as normal is very difficult sometimes. I pray that justice will prevail and everything will be dropped, but the nagging fear of the worst is eating away at me.
      My husband is in a very similar boat.
      He has asked that question too. What did we ever do to her to cause her to fabricate such a serious accusation!!
      It's been nearly 3 months since police interview and he hasn't been charged with anything, the waiting is tortuous!
      However, despite it never going away completely, we are determined not to let her take away our happiness. We are more determined than ever to have as much fun as possible and we keep looking at the good things in life.
      For example, our children are happy and healthy. We have somewhere to live, great jobs, and today the sun was shining where we are. It was warm and bright! Spring is in the air too.
      These awful allegations are trying to spoil our fun but we're not letting them!
      Obviously we still have our moments like you are but please stay strong!
      There are good things in life and if the worst happens (and we're hopeful it won't) then we will fight it through to the end!
      We're all here for each other too.
      Keep positive and try not to let it control you.
      Easier said than done but you can do it!
      Hugs!!

Comment

hiya

Originally posted by scared111 View Post

Empathise fully. I had the odd moment like that too. Luckily not very often. Whenever I felt like that I just reminded myself that I was innocent and how could anyone think otherwise given all the facts. Be strong!!!

Comment

It hard but get your fighting face on!!!

what help me cope is going gym eating right and sleeping propley don't let this eat you up fight it healthy body healthy mind

Comment

Yes agreed, it's really important to be physically healthy. Even to the point of giving up alcohol for a while, eating well, exercising outside etc. these things help a lot to keep your mental health strong. Also consider seeing a GP and looking at whether you can hire or access a counsellor. At a time like this some professional help may be needed

Comment

Thanks all. It does help knowing that others are in the same situation. I'm confident of the outcome when I am calm, but sometimes the fear of the worst overwhelms that.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_3178 View Post
                Yes agreed, it's really important to be physically healthy. Even to the point of giving up alcohol for a while, eating well, exercising outside etc. these things help a lot to keep your mental health strong. Also consider seeing a GP and looking at whether you can hire or access a counsellor. At a time like this some professional help may be needed
                Agreed. I got myself in a real bind with booze and other things whilst I was on bail. Drink to ease the stress, then you wake up twice as stressed because you now have a wicked hangover to boot. It soon spirals to the point where every spare moment between commitments you are under the influence of something.

I've taken a two week "holiday" to try get myself back into good headspace.

Comment

Working...
                X