Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accused of Historic Sexual Abuse (circa 12 years)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems that the investigation is still happening. My solicitor has been very proactive in emailing the police officer almost weekly. The hospital records have been viewed by the officer as well as the social services records. However, the officer that has done the investigation cannot comment on the next course of action as this did not happen in his area and therefore it needs to be sent to another police force to review and they will then decide the next action.

Is this normal? Why did that force not just investigate? The person accusing me of this has a record of being a pain with the police, I just hope the new police force know the type of person he is. It's horrible having to wait like this - my life just seems on hold.

Hope everyone is OK and "surviving".

Comment

Hey AI,

I was just wondering how you're getting on....I noticed that your case appears to have started at a similar time as mine.

Have the Police/CPS concluded their investigation yet? (mine still ongoing nearly 9 months in and none-the-wiser).

Best Wishes To You,

TBG1

Comment

Well it's been a year this month that this was reported to police. I have just had a missed call from my solicitor with an incomprehensible voicemail message. I can't even decipher the tone in his voice. All I know is that it was pretty quick. Now trying to muster enough confidence to call him back.

I'm praying for the right outcome, will hopefully be able to post an update a little later. Please keep me in your thoughts.

Comment

Good luck with the call x

Comment

I hope you get some good news soon

Comment

Hope it's good news, may be the best call of your life. Stay strong!
              Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Hoping you get good news!
                Hang in there.
                YoH

Comment

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. Unfortunately, the call was just about him asking me had I heard anything. The case went to the CPS (apparently this is now the norm in these types of cases) and it hasn't moved from there since around September/November. My solicitor asked, that with my permission that he can make a formal complaint. The wait continues.

Thanks all for thinking of me today!

AI x

Comment

Haven't stopped shaking

Hey Guys,

A few hours ago I got off the phone to my solicitor. After a terrible April fools joke (and this was after 12 o'clock), he finally gave me the news that there would be No Further Action... Took a while to sink in... Then he said "it's been NFA'd mate".

I can't tell you how that feels, the emotions but also the feeling of "is that it?", "where is my justice?". But, it's an NFA and that is good enough for me!

Its been an odd 15 months, but you guys have been with me every step of the way... I thank you all. Even if you've just been reading and not commenting - it just feels good that someone is listening.

I want to stay as active as I can, but for now... I'm off shopping and then out partying! I wish you all the right outcome, and I really do love you all! You will get through this!

Much love!

AI xx

Comment

That's wonderful news

Second time in as many days for these

Comment

Originally posted by Absolute_Innocent View Post
                        Hey Guys,

A few hours ago I got off the phone to my solicitor. After a terrible April fools joke (and this was after 12 o'clock), he finally gave me the news that there would be No Further Action... Took a while to sink in... Then he said "it's been NFA'd mate".

I can't tell you how that feels, the emotions but also the feeling of "is that it?", "where is my justice?". But, it's an NFA and that is good enough for me!

Its been an odd 15 months, but you guys have been with me every step of the way... I thank you all. Even if you've just been reading and not commenting - it just feels good that someone is listening.

I want to stay as active as I can, but for now... I'm off shopping and then out partying! I wish you all the right outcome, and I really do love you all! You will get through this!

Much love!

AI xx

Comment

Brilliant news.....fancy getting this on 1st of April though!
                          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                            Brilliant news.....fancy getting this on 1st of April though!
                            Fantastic news and very pleased for you. Not pleased that you (and everyone else) has had to needlessly endure this state-sponsored persecution however...

Would love to know what the April Fools' joke was!

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Absolute_Innocent View Post
                              Hey Guys,

Much love!

AI xx

At least the NFA wasn't an april fool!

Comment

Wow AI,

...I'm absolutely delighted to hear this news!

Comment

Working...
                                X