Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falsly accused of rape a few years a go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsly accused of rape a few years a go.

Hi all, back in January 2009, I was randomly arrested at my home one morning. The police told me an allegation had been made against me by a woman who claimed I had "forced her to perform oral sex" on me. In a state of shock I said to the police that I wanted to get to the bottom of this and went into custody where they confiscated my mobile phone. After hours of waiting for a duty solicitor, I spoke with him and when he told me who made the allegation, I was even more shocked. It was one of my good friends' Fianceé who had made the allegation. Of course I denied anything had ever happened because it hadn't and neither had I ever wanted it to because she isn't at all attractive in my opinion but also because she was my friends' Fiancée!

When I was interviewed after my DNA and prints were taken, the officer dealing with the investigation told me the date which the female in question claimed this incident took place. It was back in October 2008 she said but I had been invited round their home numerous times after that month and was even invited round to exchange Christmas gifts with them on Christmas Eve 2 months after this apparently happened! Now there was something that happened prior to her allegation and that was that she and my friend were having some issues in their relationship. They had 2 daughters, one was his and the eldest was from her previous relationship. I said I was there for both of them if they ever wanted to talk to me about their issues or anything like that as I'm their friend. They were having money issues as well and I occasionally helped them out by treating them to a takeaway.

One day at work, my friends' Fianceé walks into my work and she said they had argued and asked when my lunch break was. She said she and her youngest daughter hadn't eaten either so I told them to meet me at McDonalds. I bought them a meal there during my lunch hour and she said they were arguing and she feels like giving up etc and I said that she needs to be open and honest with my friend and that they both need to work hard to make their relationship work. Not long after I went back to work she text me saying she was developing "feelings" for me. Of course I was shocked and I told her straight that nothing could or would ever happen between us because I won't do that to my friend and I said that she is just upset and confused because of the problem they are having. After a while she asked me not to ever mention what she said to my friend and I said I wouldn't but she needs to sort her head out.

Just after Christmas, I stopped being invited over to their home and my friend wouldn't answer my calls or texts. Then came the day I was arrested. I said to the police that some of the texts from her are still in my phone which they have but some were deleted but hopefully they will be able to retrieve them. I submitted evidence to them which showed I had been invited round after she claimed this incident took place. At the time I was also currently seeing someone who knew about the whole thing with the texts that my friends' Fianceé had sent me. After about 2 weeks of me being arrested, I received a phone call from the police saying that no charges will be made and they have sufficient evidence to show that I was being honest and they managed to retrieve the texts. They told me this was the last I would hear from them regarding the matter. I was asked if I wanted them to tell my friend and his Fianceé about the texts but I said no only because he would leave her and the kids would be heartbroken. So they only told them there wasn't any evidence to prove it had happened.

Naturally I have lost a friend of mine who I really cared about. The problem I have is that ever since then, whenever he has seen me out, he has made comments towards me, called me a rapist in public. He was a bus driver and once I got on the bus and he shouted at me to get off and said I raped his Fianceé in front of members of the public who were already on the bus. He gives me dirty looks as well. I had to report him to the police at one point because he wouldn't stop but they did nothing. Since all this happened, I am now myself married with 2 wonderful children but he has even called me a rapist infront of them and he still gives me horrible looks and it has made my wife feel uncomfortable when he does that.

I just now wish I had told the police just to tell him everything and then he would know what a liar his Fianceé is and that he wouldn't hate me anymore or look at me as something I'm not. Some people still look at me in a disgusting way because of what he said. I just want it to stop, I'm an innocent man, the police said so and I don't want to be treated or seen as something I am not. So if anyone knows what I can do about it, then please let me know.

Thank you.
Working...
X