X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wrongly convicted

Originally posted by Megane2015 View Post
    Hi ano

I've just joined and had to reply to you, I hope you don't mind. I understand exactly how you feel. My husband has recently been sentenced to 13 years for something he didn't do. There was no evidence and the judge was biased as well, it seems to be happening all the time. I'm struggling to cope and just feel so empty.
    This site has really helped me knowing that I'm not alone but it makes me angry to think that people's lives can be wrecked on one persons word.
    Hi, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I agree with what you say about this site, it's helped me a lot too. But it's also shocking to know just how many people are having their lives ruined by false allegations. The bias of judges just makes me so angry - I can't understand how this can be allowed to happen and that the legal profession in general seem quite content to just accept it. And the incompetence of the whole trial process is staggering - for instance, twice we were given pre-trial dates and then the prosecution didn't have the correct paperwork and it was just postponed to another date without a thought for people having had to take time off work, etc. And I know from talking to other people that this kind of ineptutude is not uncommon.

This must be so hard for you - it's like your whole life changes and yet at the same time much of it has to go on as before. Do you have support from friends and/or family? Is he going to appeal? And how is he coping? Is the prison close to where you live?

I think for me my day to day life has got a bit easier in that I've now managed to come to terms with the often petty rules of visiting, etc and having to live on half the money I had before (goodbye Sky TV and the car!) but underneath it all I'm still the angry, frustrated and saddened person that I was before, its just buried a bit deeper.

I'm thinking of you - please let me know how you're getting on.

Comment

Hi Ano

Thanks for the reply. Yes we are appealing but having to pay privately, my husbands solicitor was a real waste of space. He didn't even come to court for the trial. He is 4 hours from me so it takes me a whole day to see him for 2 hours, the children can't see their dad which is hard for them, when you have been together for 15 years it is so hard. He is ok I just worry about his safety, I've gone back to work but as you said the finances have taken a nose dive but you still gave to keep a roof over your head. They may move him further away which would mean an overnight stay as the drive would be at least 6 hours and they could move him at any moment. I'm really struggling my family have been awful but I have got the support of my husbands family. It's just so hard getting by day to day thinking about what your life was like. I've had to sell lots of things just to survive and I think of how hard we worked to buy those things.

It's good to know there are people that understand how I feel but it makes me angry that our justice system has come to this. I feel that you don't stand a chance anymore no evidence your not allowed to defend yourself but she can tell all these lies and then get compensation on top. It makes me sick.

Thanks again sorry about the rant.

Comment

Ano and Megane 2015- just reading your stories makes my heart heavy- same old same old rubbish we have all been subjected to. It's absolutely life changing and I can only tell you you all have my utmost sympathy. I know it's hard, but fight on. There are some days I struggle to get out of bed to face yet another lonely frustrating day. Chances are nothing has changed for these imbeciles who lie to the back teeth except for they're probably a few grand richer. Totally sickening
        They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Wrongly Convicted

Hi, it's terrible that in the middle of all the emotional trauma we still have to struggle with the financial side of things. It's almost as if you don't really get a chance to work through your emotions because life takes over and you have to spend all your time dealing with other 'stuff'. Please don't apologise for ranting Megane, a good rant is sometimes all we've got! The attitude of your family is very sad but I'm glad that you've got your husband's family on your side. In these kind of situations you certainly find out about people - some so-called friends tend to melt away and others really step up for you. I so hope the appeal is successful.

Comment

Working...
          X