Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falsely accused of rape, been charged for 1 account of rape and to accounts of sexual assult...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheInnocentOne View Post
    I have also read on many other sites that only 5% of all FAs end in convictions.
    Originally posted by o my god View Post
    Its a lot higher then that its around 60% but that doesn't mean just one that have be to trial this includes all people that take plea bargains and lesser charges. They still go to jail and have to sign the sex offenders register.
    You are both right, that is if you believe in the truth of statistics in the first place lol!

It is commonly quoted that only 5% of rape allegations reported to the police result in a conviction (usually by pressure groups!)

The 60% conviction rate is the percentage of guilty verdicts of the cases that actually make it as far as trial.

I personally think that this latter figure is historic and is probably much lower at the present time due to the CPS pushing unsuitable cases through and juries being more aware that false allegations are made.
    Last edited by Casehardened; 8 August 2014, 05:40 AM.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Stay strong today and find wot ever you can, your defence is only as good as you can make it hopefully it never goes to trail but do all you can just in case it does

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
        You are both right, that is if you believe in the truth of statistics in the first place lol!

It is commonly quoted that only 5% of rape allegations reported to the police result in a conviction (usually by pressure groups!)

The 60% conviction rate is the percentage of guilty verdicts of the cases that actually make it as far as trial.

I personally think that this latter figure is historic and is probably much lower at the present time due to the CPS pushing unsuitable cases through and juries being more aware that false allegations are made.
        Thanks for the break down of the stats, knowing that they are a little lower and that juries know about FAs does relieve a lot of panic BUT not all of it
        "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer" Sir William Blackstone (1765)

Comment

Stay strong today and find wot ever you can, your defence is only as good as you can make it hopefully it never goes to trail but do all you can just in case it does
          one of my witnesses had some FB messages from one of the accusers which is "perfect" if the court will see it as evidence!
          "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer" Sir William Blackstone (1765)

Comment

one of my witnesses had some FB messages from one of the accusers which is "perfect" if the court will see it as evidence!
            Make sure you have screen shots rather just printouts so it cannot be claimed that they have been altered in anyway.
            The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

Hello all, i'm TheInnocentOne's fiance, thank you for all of your kind messages of support, you are really helping us get through this. As my OH said, we have found some evidence that we hope will be enough to get all of these charges thrown out. Only time will tell, but we are both staying positive

Comment

...............I ahve been told by many people such cases are easy to accuse people of as there is very little chance of proving or at the same time proving anything, I have also read on many other sites that only 5% of all FAs end in convictions................
                Thank you all again!
                Not all allegations of sexual assaults are false of course. I'd say most have a modicum of truth in them (although not all) and many complainants will add on alleged offences for extra money, when in fact something really has happened....
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                  Not all allegations of sexual assaults are false of course. I'd say most have a modicum of truth in them (although not all) and many complainants will add on alleged offences for extra money, when in fact something really has happened....
                  of course there are some that are true and have actually happened and those people are going to end up being stipulated against because of people that FA others, which is unfair to a true victim

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnocentOne'sWife View Post
                    Hello all, i'm TheInnocentOne's fiance, thank you for all of your kind messages of support, you are really helping us get through this. As my OH said, we have found some evidence that we hope will be enough to get all of these charges thrown out. Only time will tell, but we are both staying positive
                    Welcome, Time will tell but i am not going to give up with making FAs more noticed by the law!

Comment

Great u found some stuff on fb remember not to let the cops ,cps see them and keep looking

Comment

Great u found some stuff on fb remember not to let the cops ,cps see them and keep looking
                        Yeah we are its brilliant that we did!

Comment

Am so pleased that u did find something, have you looked for any card or anything like that could help ask ur family when you moved back if there is anything yo u have not unpacked there could always be something in there, it will also help you by keeping busy

Comment

Am so pleased that u did find something, have you looked for any card or anything like that could help ask ur family when you moved back if there is anything yo u have not unpacked there could always be something in there, it will also help you by keeping busy
                            I never really took any of my stuff there, all i tok was my personal pc which she never returned. I am keeping busy by doing house work and cleaning up the gardens for my parents.

Comment

So I got me legal Aid letter today saying I have qualified for it. That's a good start now just have to wait for the hearing... keeping my fingers crossed

Comment

Well 1st fing Monday go and show ur Sol wot u have found,

Comment

Working...
                                X