bail length + Cps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bail length + Cps

Hi Guys, First post on here although looked around before (although scared the bejusus out of me early days) I was arrested and questioned about a 1 year ago? Is this normal? Despite saying they would have a decision in October last year and promising a decision every 2-3 months they haven't made a decision and even in May requested a re-test of forensics... The've said they are waiting for CPS like 3 times now but don't really know the process and what's going on? My solicitor have complained about the investigating officer as he's dragging his heels and really I have no idea what's going on. They have promised a decision again in august but I'm not exactly holding my breath although I'm sure they are re-summit there case too CPS. Any idea what on earth could be going on? That's literally all I know and haven't had any contact with the police since June 2013.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

There is no maximum length of time specified that someone can be kept on bail so in that sense there is no 'normal'.

As you've had a look round the forum you've probably seen that some members get a decision after a few weeks while some are still waiting after 18 months! I realise that this is no help to you as your life is in a awful 'holding' period but the length of time taken indicates it is a difficult case to determine, which from the CPS perspective means that they presently can't find enough evidence against you to charge, so there is some little optimism to be found in this delay. (I used to tell myself that if they haven't found any evidence by now where are they going to get it from?)
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Do you mean, where will they get it from now they have been rumbled manufacturing so much of it?

It's an inhuman state of affairs - the toll it takes can't be measured.

Comment

Originally posted by Mb2014 View Post
        Any idea what on earth could be going on? That's literally all I know and haven't had any contact with the police since June 2013.
        Sadly - and I don't mean this flippantly - probably nothing at all has been going on. To back this up I can tell you I was interviewed Nov 2012; in March 2014 - they found out the tapes used at the interview were all blank - they didn't record. So - what were they doing in the intervening 16 months - nothing at all
        The OIC in my case won't talk to me - only my solicitor who no longer answers my emails. I was told in March the case was going to the CPS (with no tapes!!!!!) and have heard nothing since.
        At the end of May I spoke to my MP who has contacted plod and the appropriate cps group. You may like to consider visiting your MP too - at least you will be being proactive and that alone made me feel a bit better. MH
        "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Originally posted by myhome View Post
          Sadly - and I don't mean this flippantly - probably nothing at all has been going on. To back this up I can tell you I was interviewed Nov 2012; in March 2014 - they found out the tapes used at the interview were all blank - they didn't record. So - what were they doing in the intervening 16 months - nothing at all
          The OIC in my case won't talk to me - only my solicitor who no longer answers my emails. I was told in March the case was going to the CPS (with no tapes!!!!!) and have heard nothing since.
          At the end of May I spoke to my MP who has contacted plod and the appropriate cps group. You may like to consider visiting your MP too - at least you will be being proactive and that alone made me feel a bit better. MH
          My MP was very helpful. The more people who bombard their MP with details of how many false accusations there are, how the police do their best to secure convictions despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, and how various interested parties get their income helping 'victims' of rape and assault, the better it is to reflect reality.

MPs are being seduced by the bandwagon of the need to increase convictions for rape. This would be quite laudable if there were sanctions against those who make false allegations.

In the way that genuine rape victims were unfairly treated up to about 40 years ago, the pendulum has now swung too far the other way. MPs have to realise this, and redress the balance.

Comment

Besides your own MP, there are a few that have personal experience of criminal and public persecution, Nigel Evans, Simon Hughes(?) and one or two others.

Comment

Make Your Views on Excessive Bail Heard: Consultation

Originally posted by is there justice? View Post
              Besides your own MP, there are a few that have personal experience of criminal and public persecution, Nigel Evans, Simon Hughes(?) and one or two others.
              The College of Policing is doing a Consultation on introducing rules/guidelines restricting the time/use of police bail.

Please respond to this to prevent the extra-judicial abuse and the hardship it causes to suspects.

http://www.college.police.uk/en/21590.htm

Comment

Thanks. I see the closing date is 19 June.

Comment

Hi MB2014

I was on bail for about 9 months before, in my case, being charged. Others on here have been on bail for much, much longer and there is nothing to be done unfortunately. When it finally went to trial after a total of almost a year and a half, I was found innocent (NG!). Going to the CPS does not automatically mean being charged.

Please try and keep your life as it should be. Spend time preparing and looking at any things that you can think of to refute what you are accused of. IF it progresses to being charged, you will eventually receive more details and can focus on specific details. Make sure that you have a genuinly good solicitor team on your side, as they will provide invaluable advice; also try and keep the forum up to date as you will receive so much advice and support here. If you have people that you can truly trust to help provide details, accept it and use it.

Best wishes, BN68

Comment

Working...
                  X