Victim Credibility.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victim Credibility.

Having read through a lot of literature on rape cases, It appears that 'victim' credibility plays a big part in deciding whether to charge. In my case the 'victim' is riddled with personal issues, including heavy drug use and personality issues.

I would be interested to know whether there are many other folk who have been accused by someone with personality and perhaps drug use issues.

and..
    For the experts, your opinion on how drug taking and current status of the 'victim', including any medically associated dependence issues may affect the decision process in terms of deciding on a charge?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27726280

You may find this useful.

Comment

I've read that already, its amazing how we are all tuned into the same media articles. Do you think one day ALL men will be in prison, therefore rape will be impossible?. Assuming all women are victims as these pressure groups assume is in itself sexist and the root cause of the bigger problem.

Comment

Originally posted by grababadger View Post
        I would be interested to know whether there are many other folk who have been accused by someone with personality and perhaps drug use issues.
        The girl that falsely accused my son had drink, drugs and mental health issues. She was a consumate liar and had a track record of lying for gain including saying she had incurable cancer and was dying. She also claimed that she had been raped by several men in the past (we had no opportunity to find out if these had been reported but believe they hadn't. And that was probably due to it being more lies). We also believe she was investigated by several govt agencies for fraud.

None of this was allowed at the trial and she was presented by the defence as a model citizen who was brutally attacked. Fortunately the jury were not that easily led and produced a not guilty verdict in a matter of minutes.

HTW

Comment

Originally posted by grababadger View Post
          Having read through a lot of literature on rape cases, It appears that 'victim' credibility plays a big part in deciding whether to charge. In my case the 'victim' is riddled with personal issues, including heavy drug use and personality issues.

and..
          For the experts, your opinion on how drug taking and current status of the 'victim', including any medically associated dependence issues may affect the decision process in terms of deciding on a charge?

Alcoholics and drug addicts are vulnerable so therefore are more likely to be taken advantage of. It's not a defence.

The only time you could use it as part of a defence is if they just can't remember saying no - for instance if it's a case of a one-night stand. I have no idea whether the complainant says that she has certain problems due to the alleged abuse or for some other reason.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
            Alcoholics and drug addicts are vulnerable so therefore are more likely to be taken advantage of. It's not a defence.

The only time you could use it as part of a defence is if they just can't remember saying no - for instance if it's a case of a one-night stand. I have no idea whether the complainant says that she has certain problems due to the alleged abuse or for some other reason.
            Which leads on to the Government changing the legislation of course......
            Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Working...
            X