Crying rape to get stay in the uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crying rape to get stay in the uk

Hi, my husband has been recently falsely accused of rape by a sister who his mother raised like a daughter. She was brought into the UK for a 6 month visit. During her stay in the UK she started to have a relationship with my husbands youngest brother without our knowledge.

When her 6 months was coming to an end, her return ticket was booked. As soon as she found out her return date, she ran away. 1 week after running away, we hear from family members that she is hospitalised. She was admitted to hospital for severe pregnancy sickness. 1 week if staying in hospital she decided to return back to our home again. On her return I asked her who she was pregnant by, she would not say. I left her to it, as she had upset me enough by running away.

Her tickets were booked again to go home. This time she made her way to the airport, with her suitcases packed. On her arrival at the airport, she refuses to check -in. She lay on the floor and started to cause a scene and started to cry. We tried everything along with the airline staff to get her onto the flight, but failed. Later the police came and arrested her.

4 months later one morning at 7am, my husband and my children and I were woken up to a horrific nightmare! The police came knocking at our door, woke us all up from sleep and said that they have come to arrest my husband if rape and me of human trafficking.... :-( we were both arrested and taken to the police station for interviewing. When we got to the station, we were both interviewed and told the police our version if what has happened while she was with us. We told them that she is lying as she is desperate to stay in the UK and is using this false rape case to aid her in this. The police said they would need to do a DNA after her baby is born to prove this. We said fine.

4 months later her child was born, the DNA was done. It was negative. The police questioned her, she now claims that my husband raped her 3 times. First she said he was the father of the child, now she is saying he raped her 3 times.

Police called us in for a second interview. In the meantime, we hear from friends and family that she was having a secret relationship with my husbands youngest brother. He too is an illegal immigrant and is on the run. He hasn't contacted us for a very long time and we do not know how these two managed to get in touch. We were shown by family members several pictures if them two together. It was clear this was all a set up. She even called my in laws in Bangladesh and said to them that once she gets her stay in the UK, she will later show official marriage to the state and make he become legal with her.

On our 2nd interview we showed the pictures to them and gave them further information of how and why we believe she is lying. The police wanted to speak to some witnesses and I had a couple of people from our side to do this. The police wanted to interview people from her side, but no-one was willing to come forward. After showing her the photos of her with her hidden partner, her jaw dropped to the floor. She could not believe they were able to get hold of these pictures. She now tells the police that we forced her to get married to her partner. Lie. She then said he raped her too. Lie. If that was the case, why did she not tell the police that from day 1? Why is she mentioning it now?

The case was passed to the CPS and it was thrown out. Police are not going to charge my husband or me for anything. I asked what will happen to her, the police said they will speak to their seniors and find out what will be done to her. They will let us know after 1 month.

This nightmare went on for 18 months. We had a horrific time... Sleepless nights, not being able to think, or life my life normally. It was having an impact on my family life as a whole as my husband and I were beginning it face severe depression as a result. We knew we were innocent, but it kept dragging on and on and on. We we're scared the case would go to court and bring on more stress for us and for some reason we were made to feel guilty when we were always in innocent.

My question to you all is, what punishment will they give to her? Why should she get away with this. And why should the home office allow her to stay? She is lying and is an illegal immigrant, she needs to be deported. Will she be deported? After all the suffering she made us go through for her own benefit, why will she be allowed to stay?

Hello Rosepetal and welcome to the forum,

I am beyond annoyance to read of your story as another forum member was also recently falsely accused of rape for the same reason (so that the accuser could stay in the UK)

The government allows this on compassionate grounds; obviously not appreciating that some women will lie about this in order to milk the system. Even more annoying is that as the child was born in the UK it automatically gains citizenship and so it will be against the mother's human rights to deport her without the child (who cannot be deported)

Cue lawyers coming out of the woodwork to achieve this (no cutbacks for legal aid for immigration cases!) and mother and child then boarding the benefits gravy train

The only good news in this tale is that your husband was NFA'd.....
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hello casehardened,

Thank you for the reply.

What happened to the accuser that cried rape to stay in the uk? Did she get given indefinite leave?

I thought a child born in the UK will only get citizenship if one of her parents are British. In this child's situation none of his parents are legally allowed to stay in the UK.

Can I write to the home office and tell them of what she did so they can deport her?

I tell you one thing, if she is given the right to stay here - she will never ever work and claim benefits for the rest of her life. That is what they all do and it makes me angry that I am working full-time with 3 young children to make ends meet and give my children a better life!

Do you know of Ted Jeory? He wrote this article http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/421...o-get-UK-visas.

I am meeting Ted next week. Do you think he can help me get her deported? Are there any words of advice on do's and don't of meeting a reporter? I've never met with one before.

I know the only good thing is that my husband has been NFA'd but I still feel really really angry that she might end up staying here. If she gets sent back to Bangladesh I Will feel like justice has been done! I am telling you more and more women who come here will do the same like her to stay!

Comment

Originally posted by rosepetal View Post

What happened to the accuser that cried rape to stay in the uk? Did she get given indefinite leave?

I thought a child born in the UK will only get citizenship if one of her parents are British. In this child's situation none of his parents are legally allowed to stay in the UK.
        The forum member was accused1234 whose thread you also posted on but I don't know what happened to his accuser; he was in quite a difficult position as his accuser was his wife and he was worried about possibly not seeing his children again if she was deported.

I am relieved that you are correct about the child's citizenship entitlement! Sorry to have mislead you...

It would indeed be injustice if the girl's lies enabled her to remain in the UK and as you say will only encourage others to try the same trick but I am unsure as to how you can go about getting her deported. The UK Border Agency are supposed to do this but I guess there has to be some sort of hearing first so a decision can be made as to whether to deport her or not?

Comment

No no, you did not mislead in anyway.

I have been reading posts in this forum for over a year. But for some reason I was always so scared to post my story. I kept fearing the worst about our case, being made to feel guilty when 100% innocent. And I feel the pain that all falsely accused of rape are feeling it's nothing but a living nightmare...

I shall keep you updated if anything happens with our accuser. The police kept my details and said they will let me know.

Ps- feel sorry for accused1234.... Didn't realise there were children involved...

Comment

I have been reading posts in this forum for over a year. But for some reason I was always so scared to post my story. I kept fearing the worst about our case, being made to feel guilty when 100% innocent. And I feel the pain that all falsely accused of rape are feeling it's nothing but a living nightmare...
            It's good that you've found this forum and I quite understand not wanting to post until NFA occurred.

It is really helpful for new members to realise that they are not the only person that a false rape accusation has landed on, until one is personally involved, this is something we are oblivious to, and that the outcome is usually positive, so it would be great if you could stick around!

Comment

Hi Rosepetal, Thanks for sharing your story - you might be interested to read this story which I believe is accused1234 .

http://www.thelancashiremagazine.co....for-a-uk-visa/

It seems to be becoming becoming quite a trend - the information is easy to access on the internet (including forms) and word and mouth is a great re-layer. Some illegal immigrants definitely know how to proceed before getting to the country. See how easy it is to get the information you need :

http://www.rightsofwomen.org.uk/pdfs...w_and_NRPF.pdf

I think it's very unlikely she'll get sent home , the publicity around a woman kicking and screaming at the airport clutching her baby is not one that would appeal to the authorities. She could also argue that she would be at risk in Bangladesh since she is an unmarried mother.

I would certainly let the home office know about her, who knows, she could start again. There's an MP called Keith Vaz who seems to take a particular interest in the problem.

Has your husband considered getting a No Crime (NC) status?

All the best.

Comment

Hello whatsgoingon,

What's a no crime status? I've not heard of that. We are in the process of chasing up a bail cancellation notice which our solicitor has advised us to get from the police. Is that the same thing?

Her claiming that her life will be at risk in Bangladesh in bull! Sorry about my language. She is still in contact with her mother in Bangladesh and her sisters. She even sends money to them on a regular basis as she's in receipt of benefits!!! This stuff makes me sick to the stomach!!

Comment

Hi rosepetal. Oh dear... I was hoping someone with direct experience of this would answer .... I'll do my best.

Note to mods or anyone with experience of this: please add to or correct if you know better!

NFA (no further action) is what the police hand out if there's insufficient evidence for them to make a charge (they often seem to proceed anyway, but that's another matter) - this sometimes includes instances where there's evidence that the complainant lied and the reported incident never happened. This should infact be considered as NC (no crime) as there is evidence that no crime occurred. However, it seems that not all police forces make this distinction.

The difference for anyone who has been accused of a sexual crime is that if they obtain a NFA, they will be on computer record as having been arrested and investigated for a sexual offence. This information can be obtained by future employers if someone is to work with children or vulnerable people.
                  If they obtain a NC, they are not kept on record, which is far better. Since there is evidence that this woman deliberately made a false accusations and there are known motives, I would say it's worth going for.

If you had a solicitor for this case, he/she should be able to advise you how to proceed. Alternatively, your MP should be able to help.

Good luck and let us know

Comment

Hi - I've heard that a DBS check will NOT show up an arrest and investigation only a conviction - where you can become unstuck is when a application for a work permit or a VISA asks if you have been 'arrested or investigated' for a sexual offence' - if you've got an NFA or a NC you would have to answer 'yes' to that then qualify what happened. My son was interviewed but not arrested or charged and I was told that this was on the local police computers, although he hadn't got a record and that they were obliged to share this information on the national data base post Soham - but that's not the same as being on the sex offenders register or having a record. If anyone knows if this may stop my son doing ANYTHING in the future I'd appreciate the advice. I asked the police to change NFA to NC and they wouldn't consider it and the solicitor didn't know what I was talking about re the NC status. I suppose its more of a concern for a victim of an FA which leads to an NFA as it means the same - its dropped - but I think it is important re getting over it all and moving on. Especially if the victim of the FA is only a child with their whole lives in front of them - my lad hasn't even considered what he wants to do - hasn't taken his GCSE's yet -but I'd hate it if he is stopped from doing anything - its been a bad enough experience already.

Comment

Surely this can be challenged under the ECHR. I've sometimes thought their rulings a tad crazy but that was before FA.
                      Can your MEP help? They get paid enough!

Comment

I'm afraid that whatsgoingon is in fact correct...

An enhanced DBS will show on additional information that the person was arrested; even if they were not charged. Additionally, it can also include any information a chief police officer feels will be relevant...which translates to, they can slate you all they want, within reason and heavily imply that they thought you committed the offence in their 'professional opinion'
                        "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Originally posted by whatsgoingon? View Post

The difference for anyone who has been accused of a sexual crime is that if they obtain a NFA, they will be on computer record as having been arrested and investigated for a sexual offence. This information can be obtained by future employers if someone is to work with children or vulnerable people.
                          If they obtain a NC, they are not kept on record, which is far better. Since there is evidence that this woman deliberately made a false accusations and there are known motives, I would say it's worth going for.
                          Dear whatsgoingon,

interesting you should say this. A week after my husband was NFA'd his CRB expired. He had already sent it off for renewal 3 months ago. Because the CRB took so long to come, he was out of work for 5 days whilst he was waiting for it it arrive so he could resume work again. He is a cab driver, so to have a clear CRB is crucial. Anyway, my husband started to panic and worry thinking that the arrest and investigation might be on his record like you have mentioned and was fearing the worst and that he may not be allowed to receive his PCO license as a result. Luckily when it arrived, nothing was stated... He and I were a bit puzzled, but we were happily puzzled. Don't know what happened there! Thank God I have to say!

Comment

Originally posted by is there justice? View Post
                            Surely this can be challenged under the ECHR. I've sometimes thought their rulings a tad crazy but that was before FA.
                            Can your MEP help? They get paid enough!
                            Do you mean to help our accuser get deported out the country for lying?

Comment

Dear whatsgoingon,

interesting you should say this. A week after my husband was NFA'd his CRB expired. He had already sent it off for renewal 3 months ago. Because the CRB took so long to come, he was out of work for 5 days whilst he was waiting for it it arrive so he could resume work again. He is a cab driver, so to have a clear CRB is crucial. Anyway, my husband started to panic and worry thinking that the arrest and investigation might be on his record like you have mentioned and was fearing the worst and that he may not be allowed to receive his PCO license as a result. Luckily when it arrived, nothing was stated... He and I were a bit puzzled, but we were happily puzzled. Don't know what happened there! Thank God I have to say!
                              I am assuming that he does not do any school runs on paid account?

A cab driver can normally at present still be clear enough via the standard disclosure in order to carry out his/her duties. If there are school runs or similar specified work there is generally a requirement for the enhanced disclosure to be carried out at which stage it would show.

There are also occasions where cabbies are called in in front of a panel for interview.

I am not entirely certain where he is a cabbie and I encourage you not to disclose it on here but there are some councils that are stricter than others and also some types of work that require different disclosure levels.

I'm glad to hear that he is able to continue his employment.
                              Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Working...
                              X