CPS Pre-charge letter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPS Pre-charge letter?

I've been on bail for 7 months now and have another 4 months of re-bail!! Apparently the file has been sent to the CPS for a decision.

Has anyone heard or has anybody ever wrote to the CPS to outline inconsistencies and circumstantial evidence to show how pathetic the accuser's side of event's are. I know in theory you would be giving your defence away (if you were charged that is). But when the CPS are on the arĂȘte of making a decision either way, could such information highlighted to them done any real harm?

Hi

We had similar thoughts when we were in this position, we repeatedly emailed the OIC saying we had relevant information, but she just ignored us. That was June 2013, my husband was charged in Oct 2013 but it wasn't until our legal team requested certain lines of disclosure and offered certain parts of our defence that they dropped it 3 weeks ago. I realise you are asking about bypassing the police by writing to the CPS but I don't know if that is even possible.

It is incredibly frustrating knowing they are making a judgement on whether to charge on incomplete information, but we decided the risks were too high to volunteer everything as it could harm our defence at trial. We were advised by both of the sols we used not to send any further info to the police, I know that is not much comfort but it is probably better to view the long term risks and benefits.
    The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

It's a difficult one, i'm just not confident the police will highlight all of the discrepancies in her story. If the CPS have the whole picture then it would give me more confidence that they wont charge. I would not mind going to court if it were not for the whole waste of time and money.

Comment

Working...
      X