No announcement yet.

Getting a new solicitor (before charge)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a new solicitor (before charge)

Hi all,

I've seen a lot of recommendations for Chris Saltrese; I'm in the West Mids but sounds like he works nationally. My solicitor, who I only found out recently is only paid with legal aid for the interview, is dreadful. She never had my back, gave misleading/inaccurate information and pretty much ignores calls now.

I'm only a week and a bit away from my bail date where I don't know what will happen. I'm assuming calling this chap is a good idea and it sounds like my best hope for speeding things up / resolving this issue. Any advice on what I should prepare before calling him on Monday?

Does anyone have any advice on whether this is worthwhile before I've been charged (although hoping I won't be obviously!) - I personally think it is as I currently don't have anyone experienced fighting my corner.

Hi yes I fink it would be a great idea to have someone who knows wot they are doing and at they very least picks up the phone

Comment

Hi mr 3

It can't harm to speak to an experienced solicitor though I don't think they can do much unless you are charged or brought in for further questioning. They may be able to give you some general advice and certainly some idea of fees. It is better to be prepared.

Although you need to be realistic in that you are learning all solicitors are not good and the police are interested in convictions not truth, facts which probably have given your core beliefs a big shake up, try not to keep imagining the worst. Don't let your imagination 'run on' but keep your head above the sand. It's a difficult balance and almost everyone finds it impossible from time to time.

Comment

Thank you, that's some good advice - I think I will definitely call him. Today I am watching TV shows, not working, eating a bacon sandwich and picturing a happier future!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr3 View Post
          Thank you, that's some good advice - I think I will definitely call him.
          Not sure if you're meaning Chris Saltrese; but if so bear in mind that he no longer undertakes cases funded by legal aid (only appeals)
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
          X