Urgent Advice Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Advice Please?

Hi - I'm looking for advise on what to do.

I had a falling out with a friend yesterday, and I have heard that he is now telling people I raped/assaulted him a few weeks ago (which I didn't, just to clarify). I'm unsure whether or not he intends to report this to the police.

Do I need to take any preemptive action to tell my side of what happened or do I wait for the police to come knocking on my door so-to-speak?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Phoenix

Do NOT go to the police.

If you do they will then speak with the complainant who will then feel duty bound to make the complaint official, especially after being told that he can claim "compensation". The police are under pressure to increase rape convictions to meet Government set targets. many will do whatever it takes to do this.

It could be hot air. Wait and let the dust settle.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

That makes so much sense, thanks for the advise.

Is there anything I should be doing in the meantime? I'm kinda freaking out about it all tbh, keep looking out the window everytime a car drives past

Comment

Hi and welcome but sorry to read your story. If your "friend" has given a date when this was supposed to have happened, then you could collect as much info as you can as to what you were both doing, where you were and who you were with.

As some time has passed since this has supposed to have happened, then the police are unlikely to do a dawn raid. they only do this usually if an assault has been reported immediately after it happened to preserve DNA evidence etc..... If you are interviewed by the police, you MUST have a solicitor with you - you are entitled to a free one so you can choose your own. You know you are innocent but this is of no interest to the police who, as RF says, have conviction targets to reach and will try to trip you up. Only answer what they ask you and do not volunteer any other info especially if it will help you - your solicitor will need this if it ever gets to charge.
        keep strong and keep posting and we will help all we can.....
        "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

[QUOTE=myhome;47017]Hi and welcome but sorry to read your story. If your "friend" has given a date when this was supposed to have happened, then you could collect as much info as you can as to what you were both doing, where you were and who you were with.

Hiya - thanks for the response.

Im not 100% sure which date he is referring, but im assuming it is the last time we had sex which was about 3-4weeks ago. We've done stuff a number of times since being mates, the only difference about the most recent time was that he had a bf, whereas the other times he was single.

We had an argument on the Friday, during which i highlighted i knew he'd been speaking to other lads with the intent of meeting them for sex behind his bfs back and that one of these days he will get caught out. (Though i also pointed out that i couldnt be bothered getting involved telling his myself)

Im sure this has everything to do with making sure his bf fully cuts contact with me, as hes worried about what i could say to him - and by saying that last time we had sex it was against his will gets him off the cheating hook and also vilifies me so he wont speak to me in future.

I dont know what to do, as i have no proof it was consensual, its going to be my word against his.

The only thing i can think of that may help me prove hes lyin is that on the Thursday he messaged me about househunting (we were going to be housemates and had spoke about gettin a place together many times) so surely it looks weird if he goes to the police sayin i assaulted him 3-4 weeks ago, but then was asking me to look for houses with him on the thursday and then on the friday after our falling out with him telling people i assaulted him?

Comment

Also, i dont have any of the messages between me and him anymore as i deleted all contact with him after we fell out (but long before i found out he was accusing me of)

Would the police be able to recover those messages atall if he does end up reporting it?

Comment

Many cases of allegations come down to one person's word against the other and ultimately, IF it goes to court, the jury will decide. Fortunately, members of the public are very astute and usually see through lies. Many members on here have been found NG. Also, revenge or retribution is one of the biggest motives for FA's, especially where infidelity is involved

it is quite possible that the IT experts the police would use will be able to retrieve the messages. If you are interviewed, don't mention them.
              "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Working...
              X