Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accused of Kissing a boy's hands (not rape)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accused of Kissing a boy's hands (not rape)

Hi. I'll get straight to the point because I'm rather stressed at the moment.

I was arrested last night and questioned at the police station with regards to sexual assault.

The offence is taking a boys (around 16/17 yrs old) hands and kissing them. This is totally untrue. He was with about 6 of his mates in the local park and I was eating my pizza and decided to have a chat (I'm a sociable guy). We had an argument when one of his mates spat at me. Then I left.

I have been bailed for 3rd April. I'm totally exhausted and stressed because I started a new job on Monday 3rd March as a software developer and I'm moving address too.

I really don't know what to do. Apparently it is my word against his. The OIC said they will now interview three or four of his friends who were present. My thoughts are that if they all 'get their story straight' to fit with the original statement then I'm in a bad position.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome - though sorry you had to find us. This is a bit of a bizarre allegation...and a tricky one too because there were 6 of them and one of you. However, that said, they will be interviewed individually and there are almost bound to be discrepancies in their stories because they are lying and will undoubtedly trip themselves up somewhere. It is very difficult to keep up a story that is all lies because the liar will have to try to remember what they have said previously and all 6 of them will have to remember what they have agreed to say; whereas with someone telling the truth, they don't have to rely on remembering so much because what they said is true - if you see what I mean...
    Do remember that the police are not your friends so don't answer anything other than what they ask you and don't talk to them without a solicitor present.....
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Yes it is an odd one. I'm hoping I get a phone call saying that they aren't going to pursue the matter.

I didn't request any representation for the interview because I felt that 'I'm innocent, I have nothing to hide'.

I take it that if I speak to a solicitor (I can't afford private) that they'll say that I should wait until my bail hearing.

This is so stressful. As I'm sure anyone on this thread is aware. My statement was pretty much the same as the accusers except for his embellishment. I'm hoping that will go in my favour.

Living with this hanging over your head is such a fearful experience.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Minstrel View Post
        I take it that if I speak to a solicitor (I can't afford private) that they'll say that I should wait until my bail hearing. .
        A solicitor won't get involved until/if you are charged. You are entitled to have one with you when you are interviewed by the police. That fact that you are innocent doesn't mean that the police will believe you or that they won't try to trip you up. You must be on your guard if they try to talk to you again and you really should have a solicitor with you.

You are right - it is a very stressful time and an emotional rollercoaster of the worst kind. Many of us have found our GP to be a great source of support and help......keep strong - there is a wealth of support and advice on here... MH
        "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Originally posted by myhome View Post
          A solicitor won't get involved until/if you are charged. You are entitled to have one with you when you are interviewed by the police. That fact that you are innocent doesn't mean that the police will believe you or that they won't try to trip you up. You must be on your guard if they try to talk to you again and you really should have a solicitor with you.

You are right - it is a very stressful time and an emotional rollercoaster of the worst kind. Many of us have found our GP to be a great source of support and help......keep strong - there is a wealth of support and advice on here... MH
          MH is so right
          the first thing i did was got a solicitor but make sure he/she has had dealings with False sexual allegations. A good place to look is http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...ist-solicitors
          but from now on never volunteer anything that is trivial the police are there to do a job that job is to convict, if you did it or not

I found my doctor a great form of support as well as this forum and keeping busy helps

Drake

Comment

Thanks Moderator and thanks Drake.

I'll keep you posted. I'm definitely not doing to talk to the police again without any representation. I only hope this will go away and I get on with my life.

Comment

Sorry to hear your unfortunate situation at the hands of these boys.

Try to write details down about the occasion. And try to examine their possible motive.

Keep up your strength and try to keep occupied. I know that is easier said than done but these days can be so full of anxiety that you have no alternative to live with it as the police seem to take their time.

Comment

Sorry to hear about such a strange false accusation but you have had some good advice here. Hope it is sorted out quickly.

Comment

Working...
                X