Getting ready for trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready for trial

Im (falsely) accused of numerous historic sexual offences against one complainant. The complainant is known to me and very close to my now ex wife. This accusation came about nine days after I filed for divorce. Hopefully so far this story sounds familiar, as reading this forum and others, it seems im not alone.

Anywhoo, without giving too much away, my ex has a history of mental illness and the complainant a history of lying, theft and taking recreactional drugs. He hasnt worked for many years and never longer than a month or so. He has a history of sexual offending himself and my ex was abused as a child, which resulted in a conviction of her abuser and subsequent compensation.

I have several children with my ex wife, whom I havent seen for many months. SS did allow supervised contact while the investigation was on going, but as soon as I was charged all that changed and no one would speak to me anymore. My ex is now remarried (to a man she had an on/off relationship with) and with the help of her family, continues to bad mouth me to all that listen including the children. My ex has changed the kids surnames to known as her new husbands.

The evidence is a few statements from the complainant and my ex. My ex basically said things out of context in her statement which make me look bad, but thankfully all explainable.

The CPS were unable to find anything useful for the prosecution amongst the paperwork they requested from various agencies. When we asked for it, we got a very small amount of papers, mainly minutes. The minutes made reference to reports, which are missing. We went to court to ask the judge to order disclosure. CPS deny having the missing paperwork, much of which would probably contridict the complainant. Its now too late for us to chase it, as wheels turn very slowly. As we had been assured by the CPS that all the paperwork was present, so we just sat and waited for it to arrive from then. They dragged their heels and now its too close to the trial. Is this abuse of process? My barrister thinks not?

I was never arrested. Police asked to see me for voluntary interview in Oct. After interview the DC said it would be ages as my case was low priority. After three months with no word I started to get frustrated. I called the DC who said he hadnt had chance to go to CPS yet, but to just get on with my life... He even said, read into that what you will. Eventually after many months and several phone calls, I got an answer in June! They were charging me and would I mind nipping to the police station to do finger prints etc. All along it has seemed very lapse. No arrest, no pushing interrigation by the police and now unconditional bail as I await trial. I cant help wondering how the hell things have got this far. Thankfully im very confident in my defence team and we have managed to collate many years worth of reports, emails, text messages etc that relate to the case.

Trial is in a few weeks. After it went public, I lost many so called friends and even a close family member, but it taught me who is important in my life.

My life is in twelve peoples hands in a few weeks time. Youd think id be worried, but after nearly two years of problems, now im looking forward to my time in court and hopefully some resolution.

good luck , hope it goes well ,

Comment

Hi pas, just to say good luck with your trial. Keep us all up to date how it goes and we are here for you on here if you need to talk.

Comment

Hi PAS

Hope you are coping ok, not sure how long until your trial now but everyone is here if you need support.

Comment

Hi PAS and welcome. Hope you are coping ok and have enough to take your mind away from all this sometimes....lots of support here for you.....
          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Working...
          X