My Partners Trial Starts Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Partners Trial Starts Today!

Just wanted to let everyone know that my partners trial starts today. I couldn't sleep vey much last night and I'm a bit emotional today. I wish I could be there to support him at the court but I'm not allowed to attend until tomorrow.
    I spoke to him as he was getting dressed and I bet he looks very smart. I'm so proud of him, he's putting on a brave face for me. I hope he gets through the day ok as first day is supposed to be the hardest listening to all these lies.
    Yesterday I was able to spend some little quality time with him as with the children I'm not able to much. It was lovely to walk with him through the local wood area and look at the lake. One thing these liars can't take is my memories and he is such a good man and father and I'm not going anywhere I will be there for him no matter what. I know he didn't do it.

Our baby is also due today so I'm hoping she stays put till the weekend at least as I got to give evidence tomorrow or Friday depending on how the trial goes. Wouldn't it be funny if I go into labour in court. Wonder what the jury would think of that lol. Knowing my luck that would happen!

So lets hoping that at the end of this it will be our turn for some bananas!

Going through this pregnant must be terrible but all the best of luck for the trial.

Comment

good luck with everything - you must be so stressed. Hope all goes well and keep us posted if you can.
      And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

I'm so sorry you are going through this - particularly whilst heavily pregnant. My husbands ordeal began only a week after our first child was born, so I know how emotional you must be feeling.

Stay strong and keep us updated xx

Comment

Thanks all. I haven't spoken to him yet but so far from what I have gathered from the court listings is that the jury have been sworn in, the prosecution started their case, they adjourned for lunch and the first and second prosecution witness have been called. Think that's possibly the arresting officers evidence but will find out for sure later.

Scaredwife it must have been awful for you to go through all this a week after your baby was born. U must have been very strong. At the moment I'm trying to be but its not easy.

Comment

Found out what happened today from my partner. So Ill put it brief, a non regular judge has the case. Hes not supposed to take sides but he has and its the prosecution side. He has told our barrister that he cant use evidence to prove the girl is sexually forward as he declares it normal behaviour of a 10 year old girl. What calling kids paedophiles and telling 12 years to give 9 year old boys blowjobs and telling people to stick their hands down their pants and get their brothers to sniff it is normal behaviour. Dont know what 10 year olds hes been around! So the defence are not allowed to call me, my daughter and my mum up to give this evidence now.
            I thought it was the jury to decide if the behaviour of the girl is normal or not. Is the judge supposed to be directing the jury this way! So my partners defence is smashed we can no longer try and discredit her character. Shes going to be given the VIP treatment by the judge. Her body language was terrible in her video link and previous video statement shown. She slipped up in numerous occassions and inconsistencies were highlighted by my partners barrister. But I'm wondering if its enought. Just want to curl up under a rock right now think its time to say goodbye to him if it carries on like this he got no chance.

Just dont get it in the means hearing the judge agreed in my mum, my daughter and me being called as defence witnesses and now we not allowed. The two other people in the room that night and they dont want us in the courtroom. After this is he goes down I'm picking up the phone first thing to Chris Saltrese. Wish I had gone there in the first place!

Comment

Just sending you a big hug, stay strong and try and be positive. It is not fair when the girls behaviour and character can not be judged, how can a case be looked at with a clear picture of what happened, if this information is with held. Totally, unfair, but I think they are doing this a lot now. What do you think was her motives? Is this being used in court?..

I really hope he can get through this, what was the feedback from his solicitor or barrister about today, did he give you much? I just want you to know that I do feel your pain and upset and that we are here for you if you need to talk. Take care of yourself, specially being pregnant.

Comment

Originally posted by mumpleasehelpme View Post
                Just sending you a big hug, stay strong and try and be positive. It is not fair when the girls behaviour and character can not be judged, how can a case be looked at with a clear picture of what happened, if this information is with held. Totally, unfair, but I think they are doing this a lot now. What do you think was her motives? Is this being used in court?..

I really hope he can get through this, what was the feedback from his solicitor or barrister about today, did he give you much? I just want you to know that I do feel your pain and upset and that we are here for you if you need to talk. Take care of yourself, specially being pregnant.

Hi thanks means a lot to me and I agree its wrong that we are not allowed to give a whole clear picture of what this girl is like. Plus I think its totally wrong that the judge is directing who can and cannot give evidence based on his own opinion. The judge on Friday in the means hearing said that it was fine for me, my mum and my daughter to be called and he even agreed for my daughter to give evidence by video link. But now shes not allowed to be called.

Even my daughters evidence that the girl kept pestering her about whether my partner liked her a week before the allegation is not allowed to be given in court because the judge says so. I think he wants a quick case and has stopped the defence from calling all of their witnesses. So wrong!

He hasn't been given much feedback from them today but he will see them before trial resumes tomorrow. I told him I'm turning up tomorrow not matter what as a witness or as morale support in the gallery

Comment

Wishing you well

Hi just wanted to send you a hug. Keep strong for you the baby and your partner, I will be thinking of you tomorrow x

Comment

Oh babygal - I'm so sorry to read this. It really doesn't seem right that the judge can stop witnesses being called. What does your husband's barrister say about this? Has he challenged it?

Stay strong hon - asking to visit you both for strength courage and justice.... and lots of these
                    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Hi babygal - I really feel for you. The jury don't necessarily go along with the judge, in fact sometimes they do quite the opposite to what the judge guides them to do. So don't despair.

If you, your mum, your daughter and anyone who will definitely not be called can go to court to support him throughout the rest of the trial, you'll be doing him a great service. The jury definitely notice.

Keep strong - you've been amazing so far.

Big hugs

Comment

Hi thanks all. Whatsgoingon, I'm going to be at the court first thing in the morning to support him. I would have been there today but was told I wasn't allowed but if I'm no longer required to be a witness. Then morale support is the least we can give him.

Myhome, I'm not sure if the barrister has challenged it but I will ask him myself tomorrow and if its possible to challenge it. I think the judge is trying to speed the case up as if hes not normally from the area maybe he doesn't want to travel back here after the weekend.
                        But some good news is the medical was proven today to be old so there is no forensics and no medical evidence. So fingers crossed for tomorrow and I will let you know how it goes.

Originally posted by whatsgoingon? View Post
                        Hi babygal - I really feel for you. The jury don't necessarily go along with the judge, in fact sometimes they do quite the opposite to what the judge guides them to do. So don't despair.

If you, your mum, your daughter and anyone who will definitely not be called can go to court to support him throughout the rest of the trial, you'll be doing him a great service. The jury definitely notice.

Keep strong - you've been amazing so far.

Big hugs

Comment

Hi BG - just spoken to RF for you - will PM you MH x
                          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Oh BG - that is a horrible day for you all. We have been warned that first few days can be wicked. I hope you get some encouraging feedback from your barrister tomorrow and that things improve in respect of the judge.

Take care -look after yourself. xxx

Comment

Hi BG,
                              Sending big hugs and love. I have been thinking of you this month, wondering when your big was going to pop up. As I have said before that our cases are similar, I feel your frustration about so much inadmissible evidence. Keep your chin up, you know the truth, and have lots of support here. Hopefully you will have lots of bananas coming your way soon xxxx

Comment

Working...
                              X