Speaking to a private counsellor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking to a private counsellor

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if its safe to speak to a private counsellor while a case against you is on going?

I could do with having a chat with a counsellor to release some tension, but I'm worried doing this could jepordize my case as councellling records can be obtained by the defence as well as prosecution?

If its better to wait until after the case then I'll just wait and plod on as I guess its not extremly urgent

Hi TT - I guess if you are worried about records being sought by either side then talking to a counsellor will only increase your worries rather than relieve them. Do you have any close friends/family you can offload with or a Faith leader maybe? You can PM me if you would like to - I've been on here for over a year and still waiting!!! (Not been on much recently as been going through yet another downer!!! ) I'm a good listener!!!! MH
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Originally posted by tigertiger View Post
      Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if its safe to speak to a private counsellor while a case against you is on going?

I could do with having a chat with a counsellor to release some tension, but I'm worried doing this could jepordize my case as councellling records can be obtained by the defence as well as prosecution?

If its better to wait until after the case then I'll just wait and plod on as I guess its not extremly urgent

Hi Tigertiger,

I cannot see any problem with you visiting a therapist for your own mental health needs, while a case against you is ongoing. Although I am no expert on this. Any individual is entitled to seek help should they need it. As the FA against you is the cause of such stress and emotional turmoil then I don't see how this can be used against you??

Any counsellor/therapist is bound by a strict code of professional ethics which they must adhere to at all times. The client's well being is central to this and confidentiality must be respected at all times. I was not aware that confidential discussions between client/counsellor could be used in the way you describe? I thought that client confidentiality could only be breached if the patient's safety was in question?

Again I may be wrong. Maybe in a situation where you admitted guilt or something they would have to disclose it, but apart from that I cannot see any reason why this should be used against you.

Go for it and good luck !

Comment

I'm probably just being paranoid...

Thank you for the offer MH much appreciated. To be honest I wouldnt share it with my worst enemy. My ex FA had a very dark unpsetting troubled past which she confided in me about and I gave her help and support to get through. That was a very unbalancing time, yet now I find my self the one being painted black and accused all that together is a bit much.

Luckily I do have a couple of friends ive been able to offload what I've been going through which has helped no end. Just the heavier stuff not something Ive been able to discuss with anyone.

Will look into speaking to someone.

Thank you for the replies

Comment

Still waiting for a year MH is so unfair! Will keep everything crossed you can get off the rollercoaster soon.

Comment

Thanks TT - it's now 15 months since I was interrogated by plod - no arrest - waiting on plod in another country to interrogate someone else who is FA'd as well - complicated!!!!!
            "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Working...
            X