Help! My son has been accused of rape, assault and more....really worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! My son has been accused of rape, assault and more....really worried

My 17yo son has been with a girl for over a year and they recently broke up after he found out she had been cheating for some time. He subsequently told the lad she cheating with what had been going on and then.... He was arrested and accused of several counts of rape, assault and threatening /malicious behaviour. I am so worried for him. What can I do to help and support him and what will happen? Please help and give any advice

has your son been interviewed? did he have a sol with him? and the one thing you must never forget is that the police are not your friends and do not tell them anything that can help your son. sorry to ask but how many courts has he been charged with? because this sounds so much like my case.

Comment

Hi yes he has been interviewed. I was present as his responsible adult and he had a duty sol who wasn't really much help. There was no exact amount stated. The interviewing officer just stated that the girl said it happened on multiple occasions during the course of their relationship.

Comment

He hasn't been charged with anything as yet, he is bailed until April.

Comment

Just remember the police are not your friends I can stress this anymore. if its anything like mine then as there were so many times according to my fa my ex partner that I have a son with in which we have had a 2 year court battle about.
          what you must ask yourself if girl was always being raped and I take it they did not live together why would she keep going back to him. dose he have any facebook messages or texts from her that they were in a happy relationship?

Comment

Hi concerned mum i was in a very similar situation to you in september my 17 year old son was with his girlfriend for 10 months and she did the same we got an nfa but went on for 4 months had bail extened a couple of times please log everything have no contact with them at all screen shot any fb/twitter posts you can see save text messages and try and see what she is up to like out enjoying herself try to get proof of this most important thing is to make sure you get some support from close friends doctor etc and keep an eye on your son you will feel low and helpless but you have to stay possitive and strong here if you want to chat xx

Comment

Working...
            X