No case to answer but what know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No case to answer but what know

Today my 20 year old son was told that his arrest for raping and assaulting his previous girlfriend was a NFA.For those that have been through this ordeal will know the sense of relief was overwhelming.It all started 4 months ago when the police came to our house to arrest him and interview him on allegations of sexual assault on his girlfriend , we were shocked and terrified as you can imagine.We slowly after the interview and having time to think tried to continue with our lives as best we could. 4 months later we are told that there is insufficient evidence to proceed with the case , great , but my son who has done nothing wrong has now got a record saying he has been arrested for allegations made by his ex girlfriend for the rest of his life. This is wrong , the police as far as i am concerned were useless just hard nosed b------s with no compassion what so ever. because he is an adult they deal with him and him only , he is special needs and has asbergers syndrome. The accuser has got away with falsely accusing him , they are probably laughing at us all right now, it seems as a human being you can be accused and if not convicted still labeled with rapest, all i can say to anyone in the same boat right now is if you know you are innocent then believe in yourself , you will get through it like we did be strong and believe in the law.Sadly though even if you are innocent unless the so called victim tells the police they made it up it will be on your record for ever which is just not fair, any help and advice with this would be really appreciated i would love to talk to anyone especially dads going through this right now
    keep smiling brinners68

Hi Brinners68, first of all a massive congratulations. I can relate to what your son is going there having gone through something very similar. I got in contact with my local MP who's case workers are attempting to remove the conviction off my CRB/DBS. I would recommend you getting into contact with your local MP and tell them how this record will affect him and if they can do anything about it. Sadly I don't think there is anything you can do to remove your DNA and finger prints unless you received a 'no crime'. It really frustrates me that the accuser can get along happily with their life during and after the allegation while we have to go through all that trauma.

Comment

Thanks for the advice i was thinking about writing to our mp but can they change the law? all the best for the future cheers

Comment

As far I know the law cannot be changed without the issue discussed and voted in the House of Commons. I am no politician but I believe that is how it goes. You can ask your MP to appeal for you against the police. This record would have a fundamental impact on me as I work directly with children. It would be very difficult for me to apply and work again in the field of my specialty. The case workers from my local MP said they would ask the police to look at the threshold of the evidence and see if the weight is light enough to have it removed. The only evidence during my investigation was just the word of the accuser. I will inform you when I receive an answer.

Apolosise for any incorrect spelling gammar errors in both my messages.

Comment

Working...
        X