cannot believe this is happening...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot believe this is happening...

Within the last month my boyfriend was accused of rape. It may seem wierd that I, his girlfriend, not him, the accused, would be comming to this page for ideas of how to proceed, or just general guidence. Please know, that knowing him i don't believe that he would do this. He made his mistakes, i get that, and it bothers me he made the choices he did, but we all have mistakes we wish we could take back, his just got him in more trouble than most people.

To further explain, he is being accused of rape of a minor. She is 15. He is 22. They met online in a game chat/fanfic website, and made the mutual descision to hang out and play some videogames at a park(mistake) everythin . Was fine when he left according to him, it as just games no sex/rape involved, he said this was all about the games and he had no intention of this becomming romantic this was a saturday. A few days lateron monday, she gives him a call, which was unusual since she always either texted, or contacted him on the game site, and proceeded to inform him that, her father "is mad at her because she missed her period by like two days, and i just told him maybe i was pregnant because i was raped by some random guy" his responce was to tell her to tell her father the truth so no one got introuble for something they didnt do, she said ok and the conversation was over (I was in the room for that one) life proceeds as normal, right up till thursday, when he pulls up to work thursday night, a nice little group of police are waiting outside his work for him, (this i did not know, as durring the next few days his mother and i are busy filing missing persons reports because hes doesnt show up or call, which is unusual) four days (and alot of worry) later he is finally able to get a call out to his father. And is now trapped out of the state we live in since that is where heworks, she lives, and he was arrested.

Now, as he was suspended from work, we are unable to pay rent on our appartment(which we are now losing) he has had to move in with his mom(in state of arrest) and i have moved in with my parents(in the state we lived in) and while that sucks since its going to horribly mess with our credits(alsong with everything else) im and immensely more worried about how this will affect our daughter...she is six months old, and because of his "crime" agenst a minor we are struggling to get permission for him to just spend her first christmas with her. His cort date is set for the day after christmas, and right now things are looking bad because its a he said she said case.

As a former victim of rape, in the real sence, i can sympathise with this girl, but since i dont belive it happened i feel worse that she was scared and felt the need to lie to her family and the police because of a side affect of the birthcontrol she has since admitted she is on. I go back to feeling this is the parents fault. And while.my guy made mistakes, why is ths child going around meeting people from online, your just asking to have something happen at this point in the world(i was stupid and did the same stuff, and it got me in trouble as stated above) shes lucky she met someone that wouldnt rape her and not the guys out there wo will, like i did.

Just.not sure what to do anymore, tired, frustrated and confused.
    -Babys Issues

Hi and welcome to the forum though sorry that you needed to find us.

In fact many of our members are wives, partners and mums supporting their loved ones, however to help members offer the correct advice are you a USA resident? (as you mentioned 'states')

Unfortunately no-one has any real knowledge of the American legal system though we can of course offer emotional support.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

We are us residents, so its probably a bit diffrent legally, more or less im just confused on how people cope with this.kind of thing because emotionally it is tearing his family appart, i hate this guilty before charged attitude people have abut it. Nothing has been proven and yet alot of his family wont talk to him anymore. Its also nice to have a place to vent where people understand the situation instead of assuming im "taking the rapists side" as ive so politely been told im doing.

Comment

Vent away my dear, we are good listeners.

Good luck
        Still here

Comment

HI and welcome though so sorry you have had to find us. The events which have overtaken you both will take a huge toll on you emotionally and physically. Many of us have received a great deal of help and support from our family doctor and community mental health team, or other counsellors or talking therapists.
          The range and intensity of emotions this invokes in the falsely accused and their loved ones in horrendous and very hard to bear. You may find you feel sick all the time and find it very difficult to eat, so try to eat a little whenever you can and maybe use a food supplement such as Complan.

If you have a very close friend or family member you can talk to support you this will help you a lot. and of course there's us too.

Keep strong and post and we'll help whenever we can..,.,.,.,
          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Working...
          X