No announcement yet.

Broken mum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi - thanks for coming back to me. I would very much like to hear how you get on as I've only just come across your thread and I hope to be facing the same dilemma in a few weeks time. I've been told the chance of a prosecution against a young FA is slight - especially if they don't admit to lying. However this document gives guidance to the police about what they should be looking for. perverting_course_of_justice_march_2013.pdf I haven't had such a good experience of the police - but we are hoping that the investigation is also focusing on her as a false accuser - its good the police must have pursued this line of enquiry with her son as they took her phone as well. In our case the police seem hell bent on proving my son is a rapist. They didn't even have sex!

Comment

Hi Broken Mum - that's really really good news..........
      With regard to what will happen to the girl, unless she admits to lying there isn't anything the police can do. if she admits it, then they can prosecute her for wasting police time and perverting the course of justice. She can be tried in court and it found guilty will get anything from a wrist slap, to community service to custodial sentence.
      As far as doing anything yourself is concerned, generally it is thought that a private prosecution can take years and years, cost fantastic amounts of money and result in nothing at all. During all this time it will be NEVER out of your mind and neither you nor your son will be able to move on and rebuild your lives....it is of course your decision but it would be wise to take very careful legal advice if you decide to go down that route...

in the meantime - here they are
      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

I asked my son's solicitor about "no crime" today - he said he had never heard of it. Can you explain more? Is it something they often say as a result of an investigation which goes no further?

Comment

Thank you I will definitely look into that one! I had no idea and to be honest we have just been so glad it's over... I will speak to sol about it ASAP..... Your right about the come down... I go from happy to sad to angry daily.... And with three sons I now feel more protective than ever... If she gets away with this then I just hope that one day.... When this silly girl is a grown woman with her own children she looks back and realises the unnecessary pain and distress she caused us and her conscience catches up with her x

Comment

Also I know I'm jumping the gun, but I did report the girl's comments to friends/facebook/twitter comments as a false allegation of rape BEFORE her mother rang in the rape allegation against my son. When I've tried to chase the police on their progress with this they have told me its the same officer investigating both reports. My son's solicitor is now chasing up progress for me, I think he is worried I might wind them up and this might go against him. I hope the police are looking at this objectively as it doesn't feel this way at the moment .... Some of the comments on this site about the police getting their rape conviction stats up and girls getting compensated even if they haven't been raped are really scary. I didn't have a lot of time for the police before - now I have even less.

Comment

Thank you myhome... I'm not rich so saddens me she may get away with it but your right about us moving forward... Luckily he leaves this year and has taken the option of college over staying where she attends... luckily more of his friends kept faith In him...than turned away And even some of hers!

Tiger mum... I may have struck lucky ..As the police were great with us... I too felt as you do at first but I can't fault them... I know phone message downloads and looking into their Facebook etc is time consuming process so hopefully you'll hear soon.... I wouldn't worry about winding them up too much as long as your calls etc are relevant... I contacted them regular and was a crying wreck a lot of the time too! I know some of others experiences are scary to read with crime stats etc and compensation (madness!) but stay hopeful... Really praying yours ends as mine did soon... Sending you love strength and hugs x

Comment

Originally posted by tiger mum View Post
                I asked my son's solicitor about "no crime" today - he said he had never heard of it. Can you explain more? Is it something they often say as a result of an investigation which goes no further?
                My understanding is that NFA - No Further Action means the police/cps have concluded their investigations and have not got enough "evidence" to secure a conviction, so they put the case on file until/in case any new "evidence" comes to light - such as new allegations from the original accuser, or from a new accuser; in either of these cases the case can be reopened and reinvestigated all over again.

No Crime - means that the investigation in over and the conclusion is that no crime has been committed and the case is closed permanently.

however, I'm happy to be corrected on either of these????
                "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Originally posted by Broken mum View Post
                  Yes, he had duty sol. It's all very confusing to me tbh, first time I've ever been in police station myself. Confused as police being very nice but been warned by others not to tell them anything extra I find. We have come into possession of few Facebook statuses of interest etc... Would I give to sol or contact police!?
                  At aged 15 he should have had an appropriate adult with him too.
                  People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
                  X