Case thrown out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful news Angry and frightened.

I am so glad for your family and thanks for giving hope to other members who will be tried.

There is still justice and fair judges despite:
    Originally posted by Angry and frightened View Post
    DC kept saying things like "It doesnt matter if you cant remember exactly, just say what you think happened"
    Have a lovely christmas and future.

Last edited by Boys don't cry; 28 November 2013, 08:15 PM.
    Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Thanks BDC, how are you getting on now? Last time I was on here you were having trouble seeing your son, I hope things are better now and you see more of him.
      When it is shown in court that the police have acted almost illegally, this should at least be investigated. That DC went home NOT happy, according to our barrister. Another thing that happened, which I do not completely understand, is that the FA and a witness liason officer. were in a room watching a video of her statements that was played to the jury, and you could hear laughter and a comment of "Oh my God". The prosecution wanted the jury discharged and a re trial, as the FA said it wasnt her laughing and would prejudice her case. Our barrister was totally against this, as she said her client had been away from home for 17 months and wanted to go home. The judge had a monitor in front of him and studied it. He decided that the WLO, or whatever she was had made the "Oh my God" comment, but the FA was the one laughing. Both barristers got together with the judge and decided to carry on, with the jury being told to ignore the laughter. But barr said it was already implanted in minds of jury.
      Also, the pc that went to her house on the night of her complaint had altered her statement. There were e mails from the Chief constable asking him what he was playing at, altering the statement and being over familiar with the fa. Our barr asked him why he had put she was drunk then crossed it out and said she was not drunk. He said he had to consult with his colleague, as he wasnt sure.
      Our barr asked him "if you saw her in the street, would you have arrested her for being drunk?" He replied "yes". So she said "you would have done that, but as it was a 999 call and you knew her, you then decide she is not drunk?" He had to withdraw that! She also asked him, "When you went into her house was she on Face book, he had altered that as well, and he dithered, she said WAS SHE, OR WASNT SHE? He had to admit she was. Now, this is important, as we saw the next day, my son and me, that she had put on fb "night night, off to bed xx" I was advised by people on this site to screen print it, and found out how to do it, being useless on a computer. It came out as being logged at 2.53am. The prosecution had 2 versions of this, the other one saying it had been logged at 1.53. They were trying to say, that my husband had done it! Although he has a fb account (which I set up for hin) he never goes on fb, and the fa had said this in one of her statements that he is never on fb. She phoned 999 at 2am and they were there at 2.30 am, then her mother in law came. So, he raped her , went back round there, somehow logged on to her computer and fb account and put such a stupid comment! Our barr found out that you can somehow, hover the mouse over the posting, when it is printed it shows the time as different. The fa said at the time of the posting, she was in the medical suite, but the judge picked up on the fact that she wasnt taken from the house until 4.30am, so she was lying .
      He basically threw it out, dis regarding all the dna evidence, just based purely on her lies. My husband thinks it was because we could prove, she went upstairs and woke my husband up (she denied this in her statements, but said in court "well if he said I did, I must have done", also our barr said she could prove she came back to the house of the person who raped her. Asked why she didnt go to my sister in laws next door, which she normally did when she had "problems", she replied "Well, she is family!" And my son is not? It was atotalload of rubbish, and luckily for us, the judge picked up on this, and much more, which we had right from the start. I think all the evidence should just be put before a judge, right from the start, by pass the police and cps, should be a lot quicker and safer, lol!
      Sorry to ramble, but I am on a complete high at the moment, BDC, as I am sure you understand, oh, and Spurs have just won (for once!) x

Comment

Originally posted by myhome View Post
        It's not just men - please remember - though it is nowhere near as common - it happens to us women too......and I'm still waiting......
        My apologies for my distorted generalisation.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsSoEasyToAccuse View Post
          My apologies for my distorted generalisation.
          Thanks - but no apologies needed hon....
          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Hi! Can anyone PLEASE tell me if it is possible to get a copy of the judges ruling, as to why the case was thrown out? We would like this as we want to make a complaint against the police. The OIC was shown to be pushing/lying/incompetent. The attending officer was also shown to be incompetent and dishonest. We are not letting this rest. Also, we have phoned the housing association to ask if they can be moved. We were told they have no grounds to evict them. We were asked if we would like to move. We told them no, why should we? We own our own house and if they wanted to buy our house off us, and find us somewhere else, they could. We were told, they used to do this, but not anymore. I have lived on this estate, apart from a couple of years, since I was 4 years old. We get on well with everybody (apart from 1 house!), and they all hate that family. She said I have been a housing association officer for many years, and have never come across this situation before, but she did have sympathy for us. She is supposed to be consulting her team leader, but said they have not broken the terms of their tenancy agreement! What the hell do they have to do? Murder someone? A few months ago, HER 16 yr old son, was on my lawn, again! I had just got up after a night shift, and opened the window, and told him to get get off my lawn. He threatened to smash my face in, kick my teeth down the back of my throat and called me every name under the sun. I phoned the police, and as I was going down to my husbands flat and then on to work, I gave them my husbands mobile number. They eventually called him, he told them where I worked and an officer said he would come and see me at work. He turned up, but said he could not get in as the office was closed! Many foreign lorry drivers have found their way in at night, but not a British police officer! They did not bother contacting me again and it took a few phone calls to get hold of someone.. We eventually met at the flat with 2 police officers and the housing officer. They went to see this"family" and they told them they were breaking the terms of their tenancy agreement and if they did it again, they would face eviction. The son said he had had a "bad day" and sent his apologies. A bad day? He should try having a bad 17 months!. I did not hear for a while,about what had happened at this meeting, so I eventually got in contact with this housing officer, who appologised for not contacting me, but said she had been assured by the 2 policewomen that THEY would contact me, which they did not! I had impressed on the police that I could not respond, as it would have been classed as intimidating a witness, but that this moron had also been intimidating a witness, but nothing was done.. So now, the case has been thrown out of court, if we so much as look at them the wrong way, we will be locked up for this "revenge" thing, but if they do ANYTHING to us, we have to have 2 logged cases with the (corrupt) cops, before we can have them for harassment! It is not possible for anybody to live on those terms.If falsely accusing your neighbour of rape is not breaching the terms of your tenency agreement, what is? Oh, they did say they would ask THEM if they would like to be moved! They dont work, spend all their money on drink, drugs and tobacco, and they will ask them if they would LIKE to be moved! I despair of this country, I really do!
            Sorry, I went off topic there a bit, I am still very, very angry (but no longer frightened). Can we possibly get a copy of the judges ruling please?

Comment

Hi AnF... sounds like a less than ideal situation. You can obtain a certificate of aquittal from the court - you have to write in giving your reasons. I realise you want a bit more than that and suggest you phone the general office at the court and ask them exactly how to obtain it.

The other thing you can do is get a transcript of the hearing but you have to pay for this. This is done by a private company - again the court will be able to give you the contact details etc. The company concerned will be able to give you details of charging and procedure. It can work out very expensive for the whole thing, but you can ask for a transcript of a particular moment (eg when she was giving her testimony or when the judge threw it out.)

As for your husband's accuser and her family, you could ignore them completely or refuse to tolerate any single thing they do against you or your property - lodging a complaint with the police each time with photographic or video evidence. Whatever you decide to do never inflame the situation, never get into an argument or shouting match with them, certainly never go round to their house, act calmly and methodically.

The worst is definitely over though! Good luck

Comment

Hi WGO! Thanks for your answer. We had a letter today from my husbands solicitor, stating the reason for the case being thrown out, was "No case to answer". Do you know, if we applied for a certificate of aquital, what reasons the court would accept for sending us one.? What we really want is the judges summing up of our defence submission, that there was no case to answer. There were 2 police officers shown to be dishonest, at least. It is these 2 officers that we wish to complain about. Would the court accept that as a reason? Otherwise, we could go down the other route. I realise, it will probably do no good, as other people on this site have tried. But we must at least, have a go, as there seems to be not a lot we can do! It is so frustrating, they expect us to be so grateful that my husband did not end up in prison! Why? We have done nothing wrong! SHE is the evil, lying scumbag that has cost us so much emotionally, physically and financially and she walks away with her life never having been interrupted in any way. Yet, if she chooses to lie again, one of us would get locked up. We are, at least, going to have a go at getting these "police officers" investigated. xx

Comment

Working...
                X