evidence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evidence

hi can anyone clear this up for me, all the evidence that is needed to be charged is the fa statement???

Originally posted by o my god View Post
    hi can anyone clear this up for me, all the evidence that is needed to be charged is the fa statement???
    Unfortunately, sadly the answer is yes. My husband was charged on the basis of statements alone. In fact it went to trial with no other evidence apart from statements.

Luckily we went ready and armed with our own evidence and got a unanimous NG verdict after less than 2 hours jury deliberation.

Be strong x

Comment

Yip -'fraid so. She says he did it - that's all they need to take it as far as crown court. Outrageous isn't it....doesn't necessarily lead to a guilty verdict though. Read Billykickass's thread around February this year....
      Be strong - you've a long battle ahead...
      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

When summing up such a case the judge will say along the lines of:

"Well ladies and gentlemen of the jury. You have heard the evidence. There is no more. In this case the only evidence there is - is that of the complainant and the defendant. It is up to you to decide who is telling the truth, who is the more credible witness".

Words alone can send innocent people to prison.

Ever heard the saying: "Sticks and stones make break my bones but words can never hurt me?" Oh yes they can. And they can hurt an entire family and support network should a falsely accused person be wrongly convicted and sent to prison for crimes that were never committed in the first place.

SS can often wreak havoc on supporting families.
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
        X