Some Advise Needed Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Advise Needed Please

Hi all, some of you may know my current situation. I have been falsely accused of rape and have been under investigation for over 6 months now. Although I have been given some encouraging news by the OIC, they are still waiting for my phone records to return before they can make a decision.

The OIC first told me that my phone records should take two weeks to return on the 13th of August. On the 15th of October my bail date was re-extended and was told the forensics could not retrieve my records as the phone had a pin lock on it. I used to constantly change my pin code and wasn't 100% of the pin. I did give a pin which i believe (80% sure) should unlock the phone. I also gave additional pins just in case.

Now my bail date has been extended again to December. I was told again it will take two weeks for the phone records to be retrieved. A few weeks have since passed and I have tried calling the OIC numerous times but her phone is always switched off. I left her a message and did manage to to get through once but she didn't pick up my call or returned it. All I want to know is if the pin to access my phone was correct as I don't want my bail re-extended again over this reason. Any input of what you make of this situation or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading and apologize for it being long read.

Hi A123 - I'm afraid you're at their mercy. Perhaps a call from your solicitor would help. To you and anyone going through this it's life-altering hell, to them it's just a job. I hate to say this but your phone might have stayed on a shelf for weeks and weeks, it could be due to inefficiency or the fact they're 'too busy'.

Whatever the reason, it's probably extending and increasing your stress and anxiety levels. That's what you need to work on. Relaxation, sport, laughter, meditation - anything that can help you to cope (avoiding over indulgence in alcohol or drugs) can only be of benefit to you.

Take care

Comment

Hi whatsgoingon,

Thank you for your response. I have received a reply from the OIC since this post. She has said that an officer has been assigned to look into my phone but has been urgently called to attend work on another case for a week. He MAY then look at my phone after the case. Okay so the officer is busy for a week but what was happening in the number of weeks before?? I believe it will only take a couple of hours to download all the contents from my phone.

I have been in contact with my solicitor but he said there is nothing at the moment he can do to speed up the investigation. He said the police have infinite amount of time to do the investigation. Your right my phone has just been sitting on a shelf.

Comment

Working...
      X