absolutly breaking my heart and am begging for some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• absolutly breaking my heart and am begging for some help

my fiance has just been accused of rape was wrongfully found guilty and sentenced to 8 years in jail..............as you can imagine me and his family are heartbroken,also the local newspapers have slaughered him an made him out to be a vile monster!! there were so many inconsistencies on that liars behalf and also his defence team were appauling!his story was the same all the way through and he remained strong throughout...........he has since put the app in for the appeal and having sacked his barrister and solicitor (who told him there were no grounds of appeal and that she wasnt beng held liable) is awaiting to hear from a new team of solicitors which soo taking there time in getting back to him!!!! i went to visit him yesturday and as yu can imagine he is a broken man.......he cryed and said things i would never want to hear from his mouth ever again regarding his state of mind! i just dont know what to do? we dont even no if there is legal aid to help finance this now but am prepared to sacrifice everything i own in order to free my fiance and clear his name......... please someone help us as i need a recommended soicitor who deals in these cases?? i need one who can start asap and who is in the north west area,, can anyone point me in the right direction???

Hi and welcome to the forum though sorry to hear of the reasons.

Members have recommended solicitors based on their own experiences and they can be found here:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...ist-solicitors

You will note Chris Saltrese is mentioned and he does specialize in appeals, though I'm not sure of the current situation regarding whether he will undertake these on legal aid.

http://www.chrissaltrese.co.uk/
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by someone please help View Post
      my fiance has just been accused of rape was wrongfully found guilty and sentenced to 8 years in jail..............as you can imagine me and his family are heartbroken,also the local newspapers have slaughered him an made him out to be a vile monster!! there were so many inconsistencies on that liars behalf and also his defence team were appauling!his story was the same all the way through and he remained strong throughout...........

he has since put the app in for the appeal and having sacked his barrister and solicitor (who told him there were no grounds of appeal and that she wasnt beng held liable) is awaiting to hear from a new team of solicitors which soo taking there time in getting back to him!!!!

i went to visit him yesturday and as yu can imagine he is a broken man.......he cryed and said things i would never want to hear from his mouth ever again regarding his state of mind! i just dont know what to do?

we dont even no if there is legal aid to help finance this now but am prepared to sacrifice everything i own in order to free my fiance and clear his name......... please someone help us as i need a recommended soicitor who deals in these cases?? i need one who can start asap and who is in the north west area,, can anyone point me in the right direction???

You've said he has

1: 'put in an app for the appeal'

2: He has sacked trial sol and barrister and apparently has instructed new and are waiting for them to get in touch

3: You are not aware if he is eligible for legal aid and

4: you ask if anybody knows of a solicitor who can help.

Questions:

If he has already 'put in an app' to appeal who is he using? Does he have a solicitor already? If he does why are you asking for recommendations? If he's done this on his own it might be better that he removes the application on the basis that he is taking proper legal advice.

You say you are waiting to hear from new sols but then ask about new ones. You cannot instruct new and then instruct new on top of those. Are they officially instructed? Has he signed legal aid forms with them?

Without knowing the financial situation nobody on here can say whether he can claim legal aid or not.

It's not a good idea to write on a public forum that you are prepared to sacrifice everything to help him - there are some sharks out there who will see this and may offer their 'services' making promises they cannot fulfil.

Chris Saltres solicitors are taking on appeals on legal aid. The applicant must have an income of less than £99 pw (I think although that might have changed) and have no assets. If you were living together then your income might be taken into account. If you had separate addresses then that wont' matter.

Please be careful what you write on here. This is an open forums and members of the public can view it.
      Last edited by Rights Fighter; 23 October 2013, 05:13 PM.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
      X