accused by a ex from years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accused by a ex from years ago

have a interview tomorrow at the police station, all I know its a sexual alligation, from when we where together years ago, is there any advice people can give me?

bit worried they will want to search through all the computers and take them away, which would effect my dads business badly as they take stuff away, but they would of come and arrested me if they wanted evidence like that?
    they rang me a few weeks back about the interview

I dont know for sure, but they probably can only get laptop etc for specific circumstances. I know they didnt with my case as it was one allegation by an adult woman. i dont know if that makes any difference, but perhaps someone will comment further on this.

Make sure you have a solicitor present. You will be entitled to go through their disclosure with the solicitor before the interview.

My number 1 tip is to be friendly and polite with the police but do not trust them under any circumstances. Only answer questions wwith your solicitor present and do not sign anything.

I think 'frenemy' is the most appropriate term!

Comment

I have a soliciter arranged, and she was a adult at the time, been friendly and respectful with oic, but its all very scary

Comment

Hi Ohdear... welcome to the forum. It is really scarey, but it's just a formality, initially. You've already recieved good advice from SJ.
        I'd just like to add that the police use tried and tested interview techniques so don't fall into thier traps. No filling the gaps in during pregnant pauses or feeling that you have to explain every detail, no hesitation or insinuation (I may have, perhaps I did etc) answer briefly and to the point (yes and no will do for most things). Take advice from your solicitor including 'no comment ' if that's what he/she recommends. Remember... the police are looking for information to use against you.

PS - Back up all the info on your computer.
        Good luck.
        Last edited by whatsgoingon?; 1 October 2013, 08:56 PM.

Comment

I might feel better when I know the details, but its along time ago and my memory isn't perfect :-(

Comment

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your situation. Try to stay calm (!) in your interview today.

Best Wishes.

Comment

thanks, I've tried not to get angry at her, but I do sometimes.
              feel sleepy and sick from nerves, but can't do any meds now :-(

Comment

sorry to hear that.

whatever you will say in the interview, when you come home, write it down exactly.
                because these cases go really long so its good to have something written so you will never forget.

but i really hope that your case won't go no where and cps find no evidence.
                good luck mate

Comment

interview went ok, am relieved. I was able to answer all the questions as best I could, and things from her statement don't match up to what I remmber, or what would make sense. Soliciter said I did well, and she took lots of notes, now just got to wait for what happens next, hoping for nfa

Comment

Working...
                  X