No announcement yet.

Answering bail again in a few weeks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answering bail again in a few weeks...

Hi to all you lovely people

Been just over 4 months now on bail, haven't heard a sausage from the police since the day I was arrested... I'm starting to get anxious again as the date of answering bail gets nearer... As like all cases it's with the cps.

I have a question, maybe someone will know....

If I do get charged, when do I tell my work? I imagine right away... But if I lose my job how the hell do I pay for court fees..

Also, I imagine this will go in the paper...? So a lot of people who work in my company will know...

Despite me being 11-16 years old when I was accused, people will just naturally judge you...

Your life gets ripped apart even before being found guilty..!

Rant over...

Sorry!

Originally posted by Innocentguy1983 View Post

Been just over 4 months now on bail, haven't heard a sausage from the police since the day I was arrested... I'm starting to get anxious again as the date of answering bail gets nearer... As like all cases it's with the cps.

If I do get charged, when do I tell my work? I imagine right away... But if I lose my job how the hell do I pay for court fees..

Also, I imagine this will go in the paper...? So a lot of people who work in my company will know...

Despite me being 11-16 years old when I was accused, people will just naturally judge you...

Rant over...

Sorry!
    Hi IG,

All good questions that I need answers for. We received the dreadful news recently and now in this deeper. We are in total torment...... I understand it does go in the local papers as there are always journalists at magistrates court. They will not protect us and the potential adverse affect it could have on our family. What a worry.

My partner has now become calmer after the initial shock and we are preparing the rocky road ahead from every angle. I have read on some posts on this forum that people feel better during this stage as they do feel they are a bit more in control. This has not kicked in yet with me. We are in the process of engaging great sol. (good reputation on here) but that is another worry due to the cost. If my partner looses his job, how can I manage financially on my own with others to support. A total and utter nightmare to say the least.

To experience a FA situation is the worst thing ever from so many angles.

Sorry to bring so much doom and gloom but feel so rubbish. We must get thru this as there is no other option. By using this forum and knowing other people are understanding and supportive does make a difference.

I wish for you to summon the strength to get thru this last stage and dearly hope it will be good news for you.

Comment

publicity

Originally posted by Innocentguy1983 View Post

Rant over...

Sorry!
      Hi ig,
      Hopefully you wont reach that stage of being charged, however I fully understand your concerns.

With regard to notifying work , should the news be worse would be tricky to avoid as you will need time off.

However the plea hearing at magistrates is somewhat short and establishes guilty or not guilty plea and legal representation aim to agree trial date and length of sitting that typically takes around 3 months later, so it is potentially some time away .Perhaps if it is needed to notify work you could have a confidential word with a trusted work associate where relevant to working out a leave of absence schedule.

Some court buildings have alternative entrances and exits other than the main doorway, and could be possible that you identify that in the near future as press would normally wait in main areas only .

I assume that you have a sol already ? and if so they are rather good at attempting to find out prior to your appearance for bail what there intensions are.
      Being this is your first bail date you may well receive message from the oic that the date will be extended and they usually do that around a week or so prior .

I hope this may be of some help for you and we all know the hell you are going through and I wish you every ounce of luck that you receive the correct decision .
      Regards B.M.H

Comment

Thank you for the reply and great advice... And actually I never thought of entering the courts through a different entrance.. Simple things but good advice

from a legal point of view i have spoke to Gerry gardener regarding my situation he's a nice guy who's happy to help me.

This will be my second time answering bail, but like all people I should be prepared to be extended again maybe...

Any off to market I go now with the wife to buy some pansies!!

Haha

See you soon

Comment

Hi IG,

I hope you are ok? And maybe you have now received some good news?

Comment

Hi CIGW

Thanks very much for thinking of me.. made me smile

The first time I had to answer bail, I called up the OIC to find out what was going on (this was 2 days before my bail date) only to be told that I would be deferred. If I hadn't of called I would of had to go in and waste a days holiday! I was told by the OIC that the CPS were coming in on the 9th to discuss cases that day..

Anyway.. 2 months later, same predicament, I thought I would ring the OIC and find out if I need to go on the 16th or if it would be extended again.. Mainly as I don't have many work holidays left and I want to arrange a solicitor to come in with me.. fairly logical I think..

Soo.. I just found out after the phone call that both OIC's that been dealing with my case are on holiday until my bail date.. *Grumble, Grumble*

Soo...I was put through to enquiries and asked if there was anyone else that could help me, she left a message with the on duty sergeant to call me... so I am awaiting a phone call now from him...

My mind has instantly gone into overdrive and im thinking the worst..... if both of the OIC are on holiday until my bail date they likelihood is im going to be charged.. as they would of sent an NFA or another bail date deferred letter through the post...

I have just told the wife and she said keep calm..

Any thoughts from you guys?

Thanks

Comment

My mind has instantly gone into overdrive and im thinking the worst..... if both of the OIC are on holiday until my bail date they likelihood is im going to be charged.. as they would of sent an NFA or another bail date deferred letter through the post...

Hi IG

I don't think you can draw any inference from the fact that they are both on holiday up until your bail date. As you said last time you wouldn't have found out about the extension if you hadn't called in advance. These officers have no concern for us or the impact it has on our lives and I don't believe that they are that well organised or plan ahead. Your wife is right try to stay calm and I really hope you get an NFA.

Best wishes

FS
              The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

Hi Innocentguy.

Sorry to read about your impatience for any kind of news but it is not necessary negative if your OIC is on holidays. You might only have a new bail date?
                Unfortunately we cannot predict the future and only the CPS and maybe the police have the answer.

Have you previously received a bail date by post?

Keep faith, expect for the best...
                Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Originally posted by frightened spouse View Post

Hi IG

I don't think you can draw any inference from the fact that they are both on holiday up until your bail date. As you said last time you wouldn't have found out about the extension if you hadn't called in advance. These officers have no concern for us or the impact it has on our lives and I don't believe that they are that well organised or plan ahead. Your wife is right try to stay calm and I really hope you get an NFA.

Best wishes

FS
                  My wife is always right.. haha

I hope your right surrounding the "holiday" ... it means if I don't have to go in, I would of wasted another day.... well what ever happens.. I am going to the driving range that afternoon regardless to take some frustration out on some golf balls!

Hi BDC

I did receive a letter by post from the OIC regarding the extended bail date, however as I said.. it was only because I called her that this happened!

Thank you again for all the support guys

Roll on Monday..!

Comment

Charged...

Hi Guys...

Im stunned...I just got a voicemail from a dc at the police station.. they said I am going to be charged.. I obviously wont know what till Monday....I feel like I have just been smashed in the face with an Iron..

I have just spoken to my solicitor... Christ.. I cant believe this is happened...

This will destroy my life, I am going to lose my job.. I will have to sell my house..

Im not looking forward to telling people what's happening.....everyone is going to judge me..

My name is going to be in the paper.. oh my god..

Breakdown imminent..

I just called my wife and broke down in tears..... she was so comforting.. I am so lucky to have her..

Comment

So very sorry to read this and you must be so shocked as you were expecting a rebail...

But you don't know what the charge is or what period it will be over. After all if the charge was related to the time when you were 11 people are hardly going to judge you now as an adult.

In a way, for the sake of your sanity, it might be better to prepare yourself mentally for the worst scenario, but the reality may be a great deal better.
                      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi CH...

Yeah I feel very strange at the moment.... I just literally confided in a work colleague and it was so nice to get it off my chest. She said she would write me a character witness to which was good. Im guessing I will need to get a few of those.

Your right I don't know what the charges are.. on the voicemail I got it was worded "there is going to be a charge brought against you"...

I was wondering if it was one only... but I really have to wait and see and like you said hope for the best and prepare for the worst....

Comment

I am sorry to read about this development Innocentguy and wish you the best.

In your first post you wrote:
                          "The accuser has no proof... Just an old historic allegation...the victim's sister has admitted to the police I never did anything to her or any of my other sisters friends. There were always people around!"

I am not sure how you got this information before receiving the final disclosure but you must tell this to a solicitor.

The victim's sister could become an important witness in your case.
                          This story happened more than 15 years ago but if you are still in contact with some of the "witnesses", you should try to contact them (via a solicitor)and ask for some character references.

Take care.
                          Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Bad news then! Those poor golf balls!!!

Really sorry to hear this - the shock must be terrible. And another wait til Monday, so this weekend not going to be one of the best. This is now your time to start considering and making decisions about choosing the right solicitor.

Your wife sounds great - you will have to depend upon each other to get thru this. Accept that some days will be bad and that there is no choice but to get thru them. But other days will not be so bad.

Take care and keep us posted.
                            To you both

Comment

Hi IG - so very very sorry to read this - what an awful shock for you. I would say that "There's going to be a charge brought against you" implies there's only one, otherwise I would have thought they'd have said, "There are going to be charges brought against you." a very unprofessional and immoral way to tell you though leaving a voicemail.....
                              An awful wait for you. Can you ask your sol to contact them and see if s/he can find out any more.......
                              lots of for you ....MH
                              PS - why do you think you will have to sell your house?
                              "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Working...
                              X