Hearing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing advice

So in less than 2 weeks is my husbands Committal Hearing, not sure what the same is in the UK. But basically it is just a hearing to test the evidence, no jury.

Unfortunately myself, and my 2 daughters have been called as prosecution witnesses, and i am after any advice on what to expect, and how to act - ie who should we address.

Also any advice for my husband (the falsely accused), his mental state is not the best and i am not sure how he is going to cope being questioned.

Thank you

Hi A1,

Sorry to hear this but glad you are sounding positive and preparing yourself for the event.

The procedures may be slightly different from those in the UK but the general principles of demeanor and deportment for you and husband will still apply so I would recommend reading through the stickies regarding facing trial in the useful information section of the forum as these have been mostly written by members who have survived this ordeal.

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/f...ul-Information

Best wishes and keep up the positive attitude; never underestimate the power of body language in the witness box!

CH
    Last edited by Casehardened; 25 August 2013, 05:59 AM.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by aussieone View Post
      So in less than 2 weeks is my husbands Committal Hearing, not sure what the same is in the UK. But basically it is just a hearing to test the evidence, no jury.

Unfortunately myself, and my 2 daughters have been called as prosecution witnesses, and i am after any advice on what to expect, and how to act - ie who should we address.

Also any advice for my husband (the falsely accused), his mental state is not the best and i am not sure how he is going to cope being questioned.

Thank you
      Hi my name is Carl and in 2011 my wife accused me of rape,
      but when we went to court i was found not guilty and even the judge called her a lair, I suffer from PTSD so i know how you're husband is feeling and to give you're husband some advice when he is questioned he has to stay calm listen to the question but take time to answer but not much time that he looks like he is thinking of an answer.
      hope that helps.

Comment

Thank - you for your advice CH. My main concerns are how my daughters will handle being questioned and cross examined. It breaks my heart to know that they have to go through something like this.

I highly doubt that anyones makes it out with some form of PTSD

Comment

Working...
        X