Falsely Accused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsely Accused

I just wanted to share my experiences with this board having relied so heavily upon it. I found this site extremely helpful especially reading the responses and advice from saffron and geraldine. I never thought i would have found myself in this situation and it is something you only read about until you get a knock at your door at the early hours of the morning and approximately eight police officers are arresting you under the suspicion of rape. Held in a police cell for 12 hours is not a pleasant experience but one which will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Without going into any great detail the lady in question had accussed me of drugging her after an evening out and then raping her. The charges were dropped some four months later with lack of any substancial evidence i.e. no drug in her system, low levels of alcohol in her system and no actual forensic evidence to suggest I had sex with the lady. However, in the four months I had been put through hell and back. Unable to sleep, unable to concerntrate at work and my poor family were also feeling the immense strain. I was made to feel as if I WAS a rapist.

Once the charge had been dropped I asked the police what would happen to the lady in question. I was told that she might be charged with wasting police time - which I very much doubt she was. This really strengthens the argument about the accused identity remaining away from the public domain.

My advice to anyone in this situation is get yourself a really good solicitor which fortunately I had. Write as much detail down about the event - conversations aswell as actions and good luck.
Working...
X