Accused of rape after having sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accused of rape after having sex

Three days ago at ten to four am four police officers dragged my 17 year old son out of bed as there had been an accusation of rape. They wouldn't let me or his dad go with him. But later on his dad went because they realised that he needed one of us there while they did tests on him.turns out he had had sex with this girl who was heard to have asked him for sex several times over the day. When they had finished she told a friend that the had just had sex then spoke on the phone who she told she had been raped who then called the police. He was released on bail about twelve hours later but has not been charged.they had both been drinking my son is ADHD and has specific learning difficulties I'm so scared for him it turns out this girl is only fourteen so either way he is in serious trouble do I get a solicitor now or wait to see if he is charged.

I would say seek legal advice at the earliest, really sorry to hear this, now is a good time to sit down with your son and gather as much information as possible while it is fresh in his mind, please do not disclose any thing to the Police before seeking legal advice.

Comment

Sparks advice is spot on, although I must warn you from the outset that a charge will be inevitable in terms of the underage aspect. He must decide, IN ALL HONESTY, whether he had reasonable belief that this girl was under 16
      I am moving your thread to the relevant area so more people can help
      "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

I'm so sorry for you - I understand you must be frantic with worry.

Legal advice is essential and any screen shots of FB, texts, emails etc where she may have misled him about her age, in fact absolutely anything. However keep it all for the solicitor and don't give it to the police.

Comment

The advice on the thread so far is bang on. In reference to the Facebook images and anything similar, the significance of this should the matter go to trial, can be really important. I was accused of a historical rape and the images I used as evidence were an important part of my defence.

You will get alot of useful support and guidance here. I only discovered the forum a few weeks before my trial, but it helped my wife and I through a very tough time.

Stay strong for your family.

Comment

Originally posted by sparks View Post
            I would say seek legal advice at the earliest, really sorry to hear this, now is a good time to sit down with your son and gather as much information as possible while it is fresh in his mind, please do not disclose any thing to the Police before seeking legal advice.
            Thanks we have phoned a solicitor and although its early as he hasn't been charged have given some good advice.
            Thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by Cabins_2011 View Post
              The advice on the thread so far is bang on. In reference to the Facebook images and anything similar, the significance of this should the matter go to trial, can be really important. I was accused of a historical rape and the images I used as evidence were an important part of my defence.

You will get alot of useful support and guidance here. I only discovered the forum a few weeks before my trial, but it helped my wife and I through a very tough time.

Stay strong for your family.
              I have got several photos from face book and she looks more like 21 also proof of phone calls she made to him and vice versa and also asking him to meet her that night
              Thankyou

Comment

[QUOTE=Cabins_2011;41858]The advice on the thread so far is bang on. In reference to the Facebook images and anything similar, the significance of this should the matter go to trial, can be really important. I was accused of a historical rape and the images I used as evidence were an important part of my defence.

You will get alot of useful support and guidance here. I only discovered the forum a few weeks before my trial, but it helped my wife and I through a very

Thanks got several photos and evidence that they were phoning each other and arranging to meet that night

Comment

Working...
                X