No announcement yet.

Accused of rape???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"If it's just a complaint she has made, and not had an interview etc, what would happen if i attend and interview and then when she is asked she withdraws what she has said, or simply doesn't attend? "

The very best thing you can do is phone a solicitor in the morning.

It's very hard to believe, when you know that you've done nothing wrong, that anything could happen to you eg, that you could be arrested or even charged. But believe me, it does happen.

Don't panic, but take it seriously.

I know where you're coming from when you say you've never been in trouble with the police etc, and don't know what to do etc. Although most of us on here are older than you, we've either been through something similar, supported someone in a similar situation (I supported my son) or are going through it.

Hopefully, nothing more will happen after the interview. If it does, we're here to help and support you.
    Last edited by whatsgoingon?; 5 June 2013, 10:29 PM.

Comment

and my tuppence worth is: if they seriously believed the allegations that have supposedly been made, they wouldn't have turned up to say come in tomorrow at 1 pm, but would have taken you with them.. just my humble opinion..

Comment

Good point....! Is it a small town? Maybe everyone knows who's hanging out with who anyway?
        It's really good that you managed to work out that she definately was 16 the first time you had sex with her. If you're sure about that, don't let anyone insinuate she wasn't.

Comment

Hi
          WGO has given you excellent advice please take it seriously. You need some support can't you speak to your parents about
          the allegation ? x LP
          Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

Hope it all went Ok today.

Comment

Hi WTF - wondering how you got on to-day? Hope you're ok - please let us know.......MH
              "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Originally posted by myhome View Post
                Hi WTF - wondering how you got on to-day? Hope you're ok - please let us know.......MH
                I'm sorry i have not left an update, i haven't been able to get round to it.

I wouldn't say it's a small town, but people know what girls are like these days.

I had my suspicions at the start that it would of been something along the lines of the girl looking for attention/sympathy, told a few friends, who then told someone else and then someones parent, her own or a teacher had come across it and kind of 'nudged' her to make a complaint, or pretty much started out as a bit of attention seeking and went too far.

I attended the interview without a solicitor or adult present - i just wanted it over with, with no messing around and i'm not clued up on laws or specifics, but i'm pretty intelligent for my age.

Anyway, when i went in the guy who had come to my door was present, and a female who was just a sit in, they explained everything from the tapes, to the paper work which was exhausting, spent 30mins to half an hour explaining it all to me, when i had already known especially when the interview was actually a third of the time it took to explain it.

Anyway, they started with a few basic questions things along the lines of

"Do you know why you're here"

"Do you know >insert name<"

"How did you know >insert name<"

And after that i fed little crumbs of information throughout, which when it came to the part where he told me how it came to their attention and so on, and i had stopped him to tell him what i thought had happened and i wasn't far off, pretty much same lines, different scene - but what had happened was she at the time was writing a story for an english task in school and she picked "How It Feels To Be Raped".

On which she writ 3 A4 sized pages, of a story on how she was 'raped' by her boyfriend (me) going into great detail.

From then, a teacher obviously marked it and became alarmed, had pulled her to one side to ask her if it was true, to which she replied that it was but she doesn't want to talk about it, the teacher (who personally, since i went to the school is a twat and has always hated me, also very full of himself) reported it to the police, as you'd expect him to, the police attempted to get a statement from the girl, but she had refused.

When i was asked for specifics, since vague parts of the 'story' were true, I.E the circumstances, where we was, when, and what we was doing all up until where i started to 'rape' her, i gave as much detail as possible but my memory isn't so good, i always remember the useless information in great detail which in this case helped me.

well, in the story i had stopped and said "Well, that wasn't so bad was it" and then she said "I have to go home" and i walked away leaving her crying, but on the date she mentioned i remember pretty specifically that after the place i was supposed to have raped her, we had gone somewhere else where she received a call from her mother asking her to come home and that she was just walking the dogs, (which is backed up by call logs) and when we was walking towards her house she had noticed her mother and her mothers girlfriend walking the dogs on a field and she didn't want to be seen so made a swift exit.

From that date, i also had texts of her saying "I miss you already" and so on minutes after leaving her, which i know doesn't prove anything but does help me just a little.

the date she had, was whilst she was 15, which is the reason i had told her i didn't want a relationship with her, and left it for a number of months until she was 16, and asked me details of what her bedroom looked like etc since it was noted of where we had sex on several occasions after she was 16.

And then i showed them several screenshots on my phone, which i had took of texts i had fished out after i got the knock on the door and saved to a cloud storage, with time stamps of course where one or two of them said how just wanted me for sex, and so on.

the person conducting the interview was quite sure that it wouldn't go any further, and i wouldn't hear anything of it and assured me that in due course the teacher(s) at the school would be informed of the outcome as much as they can, since i wouldn't say it's a big town, and i went to school there so i know most of the teachers.

All in all, it went pretty well and i am glad i didn't bring a solicitor along, since it wasn't needed, would of been added messing around and just would of made it hard for me really.

i haven't heard anything yet, but i think i will but it went very well.

Comment

Hi WTF,

Thanks for coming back to let us know how the interview went as members were concerned about you.

We normally don't recommend going into an interview without a solicitor (though I and many other did exactly the same as you!) but it's seems like you did very well especially in saving the corroboratory texts and stressing that you did not have intercourse until after she turned 16.

As she didn't report the incident and will not give a statement, the only evidence that intercourse was not consensual is, by definition, a work of fiction! Nevertheless, while the OIC gave you his opinion, wait until you get written confirmation before letting your guard down.
                  'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi WTF. Glad you felt the interview went well and that you managed to find out how this had come about.

Don't hesitate to come back on here if you need to .

All the best,

Comment

Hi WTF - thanks for the update - sounds like the interview was a positive-ish one for you.....hope they follow this up with a No Crime.........
                      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Update

Well, it has been nearly 5 months now since the interview and i have heard absolutely nothing.

I was pulled on the street the other night a street or two away from my house at 3am by the police just checking things out, i had a joint on me so they ran my name and they got nothing, just gave me a 'Yellow card' for cannabis use which won't show on any record - it's just incase i get pulled again.

anyway, i assume it won't be on my criminal record - the alleged statutory rape that is. since all they had to go off was a story written for an English assignment and a damaged girl who refused to say anything after the police was alerted, it seems even her friends don't know since one of them saw in college around a month ago and had a quick conversation - nothing came up?

Anyway, i hope the texts i was able to show the police sorted everything out something i don't think i mentioned is they asked me to describe her room which i felt was a bit weird but i was able to do-so with no problem since my brain decides to recall useless information.

If this some how stops me going to uni i will take it further and make sure she gets whats coming to her (justice wise - of course)

I think i should ask, is the fact that i have no heard anything at all a good sign?

I would also like to add that i did think about having a solicitor present - but i had thought about it and decided to handle it on my own since i know how they are when they advise you to say this, and not this and so on when i would rather be 100% honest and get it all out on the table in one sitting to avoid it dragging on as much as possible, i didn't feel i had the need to hold anything back since i couldn't see any evidence which could incriminate me.

in her 'fantasy letter' i will dub it, i was supposed to have raped her on a rooftop of a building next to a lake in a public park between where we both live, left her crying and she supposedly never spoke to me again. and it was only the 3rd time we had seen each other outside of school - which is maybe why they asked me to describe her room since in my statement i noted that i have had sex with her several times AFTER she was 16 in her home.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who gave any advice or information, it helped a lot.

I was able to go into the interview with a clear mind, remain calm and answer questions without hesitation and didn't have to change anything i had said, i was able to keep things clear and it was over swiftly and without the help here i think i would of gone in panicking and with really bad nerves which really wouldn't of helped.

Comment

Hi again & good to hear that you're getting on with your life (apart from the cannabis tsk, tsk, )

Having reread the account of your interview, you made no mention of being bailed at the conclusion. If you weren't bailed that was indeed the end of the matter as the police would have needed to contact you again to progress the matter. The normal way of dropping a case is to release the accused person from the requirement to answer bail.

Arrests will go on the CRB, not sure about VA's this is probably down to the individual OIC, and yours sounded as if he concurred with your version of events.

A note of caution to end with, though probably now unnecessary in your case, tread on eggshells around girls, get to know them very well before starting a sexual relationship!
                            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                              Hi again & good to hear that you're getting on with your life (apart from the cannabis tsk, tsk, )

Having reread the account of your interview, you made no mention of being bailed at the conclusion. If you weren't bailed that was indeed the end of the matter as the police would have needed to contact you again to progress the matter. The normal way of dropping a case is to release the accused person from the requirement to answer bail.

Arrests will go on the CRB, not sure about VA's this is probably down to the individual OIC, and yours sounded as if he concurred with your version of events.

A note of caution to end with, though probably now unnecessary in your case, tread on eggshells around girls, get to know them very well before starting a sexual relationship!
                              I was already cautious around girls because i know how vengeful they can be, just even more-so now.

When leaving, the interviewer said he doubt's it would go any further, but that's the last i have heard.

thanks mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X