Accused of Rape - Dafuq..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accused of Rape - Dafuq..

I attended a work event last week and I slept with a young girl there. Afterwards we were cuddling and I told her I feel bad (I have a girlfriend), she told me she didn't feel bad. I called her a hussie.

She became very angry that I called her a hussie, I didn't try explaining I meant it in a joking way because I was happy to get her out of my bed. She got dressed and left, telling me "You'll be sorry in 30 minutes".

The next morning I woke up and had breakfast in the hotel with my managers. At 10:00AM my manager pulled me to one side, I asked him if I was in trouble and he said yes.

He told me that there was an allegation of rape against me and the police were on their way. At 11:05 I was arrested (in front of everyone I work with) and taken to a local police station.

My clothes were confiscated, I was searched. They made me wear a paper suit and placed me in a dry-cell. A few hours passed and they asked me if I consented to give samples. I gave them EVERYTHING. I have never felt so humiliated and degraded in my entire life. A few more hours pass and I was taken to an interview room. I declined legal advice and they grilled me for 90 minutes. I was treated like a criminal.

The lady questioning me tried to confuse me, she said things like "..so after you raped her you met up with..". I put her straight, I could not believe what I was hearing. After my interview I was bailed with conditions. They confiscated everything I came in with, I had to beg for my shoes. I was left at a police station in an area I don't know with nothing. They wouldn't even let me check my confiscated phone for a number.

I have been suspended from work, the past few days have been crazy. What can I expect?

Hello Adam & welcome to the forum, though sorry you've found yourself in this situation.

Unfortunately the position you have found yourself in is similar to what has happened to quite a few of our members; have a read of this 'sticky', it may answer some of your concerns:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now

Is the girl a work colleague?
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi Adam - welcome to the forum and so sorry you had to find us and that your story is such a common one. there is loads of advice - legal practical and emotional support on here. As to what to expect - it's different for everyone but for everyone it is a really horrible horrible experience. Have read of several other threads on here and this sticky too

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now

Keep posting and asking questions and we'll help and support all we can

Be strong ....MH
      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Thanks for your response guys, I read the sticky already.

In answer to your question, she is a colleague but I hold a more senior rank.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
          In answer to your question, she is a colleague but I hold a more senior rank.
          Thanks for your reply; it's just that I was wondering why your manager knew that the police were on their way to arrest you but I guess the girl must have told some of her immediate colleagues (who perhaps encouraged her to report it to management/police)

Whatever the sequence I'm afraid, in answer to your original question, all you can do is wait (and wait!)

I'm presuming you confirmed in interview that intercourse did take place so the only issue is consent, you say she consented, she says she didn't.

As this all took place at a work's outing in a hotel, my view is that there had to be consent initially, you could hardly have dragged a 'victim' unwillingly along the corridors to your room but the girl is quite entitled to withdraw consent at any time during the proceedings and this is the police/CPS's problem; they have to investigate the circumstances thoroughly. At the same time it is hardly the crime of the century so quite likely to go on the back burner!

I'm guessing that as it was a works function there will be no shortage of witnesses, pass the time by compiling a list of those who will be sympathetic (bearing in mind the office politics!) and write down the sequence of events that evening while it is fresh in your mind.

As Myhome advised you, keep posting, talking about your situation with understanding folks does help.

Comment

Hello Adam

Sorry you have ended up in this predicament - far too many people end up facing similar false allegations. Who was in adjoining rooms to yours? Would sounds of a struggle be heard through the room walls?
            You must still be in incredible shock but keep your thinking cap on. There is good advice and tremendous support on here. Keep your chin up.

Comment

Hey guys, just heard some news.

My company called me yesterday and told me that she didn't go ahead with the interview. She was told that there wasn't enough evidence to convict so she dropped it. (This is what she told the company)

I have my first bail meeting tomorrow so I shall attend, what can I expect?

I want to press charges against her for making false allegations. How do I go about doing that?

Also, when my bail is ended my company want to bring me in to discuss the issue. I feel this will be the end of my employment. It's not fair.

Comment

My company called me yesterday and told me that she didn't go ahead with the interview.
                Hi Adam,

I don't quite understand this as the police wouldn't have arrested you unless the girl had made a formal allegation by means of a initial (probably video) interview, though it would have been nowhere near as rigorous as yours!

Possibly she was 'invited' in for a second interview as a result of you giving your version of events and this is when she backed down.

If she is not now willing to testify in court I would anticipate that your bail will be cancelled, though I'm sorry to hear this may impact on your employment prospects. If you are dismissed can you not appeal to an employment tribunal?

Comment

Fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow and work is sorted ok.................
                  "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

By the sounds of things you may not need to do any pressing of charges... Sounds like the Police have went through the motions with you whilst dis-believing her.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were interviewed etc so that they could confirm facts and then when she 'cracked' they've now got enough evidence to charge her.......

You don't know the females true history so, like us, you'll be left with a lot of questions. Hopefully some of these will work their way out tomorrow.

Interestingly, and this sprang straight into my mind, this article and indeed court finding would've been useful IF you were in Scotland:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/h...urned.21018042

Not quite your scenario but not really too far off.
                    Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Hey everyone. Just been emailed by the police.

Originally posted by Sue Wadsworth
                      Good afternoon Adam,

I don’t have a current phone number for you, so hopefully you’ll get this email quickly.
                      I wanted to inform you that the investigation has now been finalised and a decision has been made that no further action will be taken against you for the offence of Rape. This decision has been reached for the following reasons;

Firstly, the victim has given a withdrawal of support statement, which basically means that she is not willing to support a police investigation and without her as a witness, it would be extremely unlikely it would progress to court. Secondly, we have completed a certain amount of investigation and it has not been possible to obtain sufficient evidence to support the report that was made by the victim. However, neither has it been possible to say for definite that the offence did not occur. This leaves a situation where as far as the law is concerned, we will not be taking any further action, however, if further evidence should come to light, the investigation can be re-opened.

Your bail has been cancelled and you no longer need to attend on the date given.

Your property is currently at Stevenage police station, ref no *********. I will update the property system to say you can now have you property back and they will contact you to make arrangements.

If you have any questions, please give me a call.
                      How do I go about pressing charges for false allegations?

Comment

Hey everyone. Just been emailed by the police.

How do I go about pressing charges for false allegations?
                        My worry would be that if she thought she was going to be charged, she may then decide to say it DID happen and now she will go to Court.
                        If the police decide to take that action, rather than you pressing for it, it may be a safer option.

I'm glad you have some closure even though slightly unsatisfactory and it has to be worth a few

Comment

I am so pleased that you have got your NFA comparatively quickly

PS do you want me to edit the name of the police station out? (not sure if you are posting under your real name)

Comment

Very happy for you!

Are you back at work?

Comment

Originally posted by is there justice? View Post
                              My worry would be that if she thought she was going to be charged, she may then decide to say it DID happen and now she will go to Court.
                              If the police decide to take that action, rather than you pressing for it, it may be a safer option.

I'm glad you have some closure even though slightly unsatisfactory and it has to be worth a few
                              It just sucks I will have this hanging over my head. I'm innocent. I'm another non-convicted rapist. Not part of the 2% of a false accusation.

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                              I am so pleased that you have got your NFA comparatively quickly

PS do you want me to edit the name of the police station out? (not sure if you are posting under your real name)
                              Thanks for the offer but it's ok. It's not my local police station, it's not important.

Originally posted by whatsgoingon? View Post
                              Very happy for you!

Are you back at work?
                              I have a meeting on Monday morning with the managing directors to discuss my future in the company. I am a valuable asset so I am not too panicked. I'll keep y'all updated.

One question though guys. One of my bail conditions was not to contact her directly or indirectly. Seeing as it's over.. would you advise I send her mother and boyfriend a message of my version of events?

Comment

Working...
                              X