Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got some information but don't know what to do about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some information but don't know what to do about it?

Hi Everyone

I'm sure most of you have read my posts over the last couple of months, yes it’s been two months now! And I have been receiving some fantastic support and advice on this forum.

However some information has come my way which could maybe have implications on the case but I do not want to post it on an open forum, so if there is anyone who would mind me bending their ear for a little one to one advice, either PM or phone/text I would be very grateful......

Hi
    Feel free to write to me!

Comment

Hiya Browndown,
      During our investigation, I too received information which I wondered whether to pass to the oic,
      I was told by some that I should pass the information to our solicitor to use in defence should our case go to court.

In the end I did pass the info to the police and it did put a different slant on the police investigation.

Go with your gut instinct, but run it by your solicitor if you can.

Feel free to pm if you need x LP
      Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

Yup - PM me too if you would like to.
        Like you RF has helped me unearth some information which could potentially close my case and I asked about giving it to plod as soon as we had it all. The advice from here and a criminal defence lawyer I know, is that the best time to play "ace of trumps" is during the trial (if it goes that far); second best would be wait until you're charged and hope to get the trial stopped (sorry can't remember if you've been charged or not). The reasoning behind this I've been told is that if you present it too soon, plod will go back to your FA with this and she'll change her story to fit it - which apparently is quite acceptable in their eyes.

Whatever you decide, don't do anything without talking to/showing it to your solicitor first........
        MH
        "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

I totally agree with the last post.

You get a gold sticker MyHome
          Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Originally posted by Boys don't cry View Post
            I totally agree with the last post.

You get a gold sticker MyHome
            Hey - thanks BDC - haven't had one of those since Junior school!!!!!!
            "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

I know how you feel.

We had information prior to the charge about the FA and her ''friend'' lying about 90% of the case which meant their version of events couldn't be true, like concrete evidence. Our Sol told us not to give it to the Plod, he got charged and now we are hoping to get the case dropped.

Comment

Working...
              X