Dear (ex-)parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear (ex-)parents

I really wish you could or would read this, either yourselves of thru any kind of third party. You have absolutely no idea what my husband and I are going thru. You have absolutely no idea what it is like to know that your own parents are not supporting you in such a difficult situation. You have no idea how it feels to know that whatever happens, there will never, and I emphasize, NEVER be any contact to or with you ever again. Dad, you always meant the world to me, were always there for me, no matter what, and Mum, you gave birth to me, you gave me the opportunity to live and to be able to be with my husband, the man I love and the man I am so gratefully proud of, the man that loves me more than anything and the man who would never do any harm to any others.
    I am so incredibly grateful to you both - without you, I wouldn't be here. Without you, I wouldn't have such a loving and caring husband. Yet, without you, I must fight - and I WILL. My husband is NOT GUILTY!
    Mum, Dad, I will always love you, but I can no longer forgive you - sorry.

DBI

Hi DBI - that's incredibly emotional letter and very brave of you to post it on here. It must have been very hard for you to actually write in words what you have been thinking for a long time....
    Families are so precious and we're brought up to believe that the love of a family - especially our parents - is the most precious of all. It's even harder then, when the love you have returned to them all your life is found wanting........thinking of you and asking to visit you for strength and emotional support and courage
    Big Hugs MH x
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Thank you so much MH! Your words are so encouraging and supportive. It is difficult and it did take a while to find the right words, but I think they say it all. The angels will look after me... I know that!

Comment

sorry you are in this situation, I feel your hurt and my heart goes out to you

Comment

DBI

Comment

LP
            Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

Hi DBI
              Such a sad but thought provoking letter, I had been hoping things would improve for you but not been on daft moo so much.
              I have my parents and aunt visiting this week so it's really struck a chord with me as I haven't told them about the situation... If they knew would I be in your place now???

Comment

Hi
                I don't think you would be in the same situation to be quite honest because in our case, it was not us who informed parents, but they have been told AND influenced by a third party. They knew basically before we did of FA and it is an FA cos my hubby did nothing. AND we are 99% sure where the FA comes from and are hoping that the police will look into that.

Comment

Originally posted by Don'tbelieveit! View Post
                  I really wish you could or would read this, either yourselves of thru any kind of third party. You have absolutely no idea what my husband and I are going thru. You have absolutely no idea what it is like to know that your own parents are not supporting you in such a difficult situation. You have no idea how it feels to know that whatever happens, there will never, and I emphasize, NEVER be any contact to or with you ever again. Dad, you always meant the world to me, were always there for me, no matter what, and Mum, you gave birth to me, you gave me the opportunity to live and to be able to be with my husband, the man I love and the man I am so gratefully proud of, the man that loves me more than anything and the man who would never do any harm to any others.
                  I am so incredibly grateful to you both - without you, I wouldn't be here. Without you, I wouldn't have such a loving and caring husband. Yet, without you, I must fight - and I WILL. My husband is NOT GUILTY!

DBI
                  I'm so sorry to read this letter. I know how you feel as I'm in a similar situation (albeit after the case is over, hubby was found NG at the beginning of April)my mum was amazingly supportive and brilliant, as was my younger brother, and hubby's mum and brother. However my dad and stepmum can't deal with it (even though he is NG) and I have been forced to cut them out of my life. Sad as my father and I were close.

Sorry you didn't need the life story, just wanted you to know I know how you feel, and please PM me if you need to chat with someone whose been there xx

Comment

Originally posted by Don'tbelieveit! View Post

DBI
                    WOW,
                    Your husband is a lucky man i hope i find such a special wife like you one day I hope you work out everything with mum and dad no matter what at the end off the day family is all that matters

Comment

Hi Erin

I don't feel I am special, I am just doing the right thing. Our whole story is absolutely bizarre and I know my husband couldn't even kill a fly without having a bad conscience! And believe me, you will find that special person. It may take a while, may not, but you will!
                      Take care...

Comment

Dear all

I just cannot understand that my ex-parents would believe the lies they have been told...why?

Comment

Keep in mind that you don't know what had been said to them and by whom LP
                          Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

Working...
                          X