Falsely accused of historical rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsely accused of historical rape

i am still sat here in shock and will be for a long time to come. on thursday i was awoken by a knock at the door to discover 6 police officers with a search warrant for my flat after being taken in handcuffs to their car by 2 of them and taken to the station leaving 4 of them in my flat to search and remove electrical and recording devices (of which no receipt or itinery of what was taken away was left) i dscovered id been accused of a supposed rape which had happened just over 2 years ago
    the accusation had been given by a woman id met over the internet and had chatted to both of us agreed to meet and both of us had agreed to have sex after chatting and having cam sex over the internet and swapping phone numbers when we met we both knew and she had agreed we would have sex we also had discussed trying different things to which she said she was happy to do but when we were having sex and did these things she said she was not happy about it to which i immediately stopped doing and then she was happy to continue having sex. this occurred over several occasions over a period of 6 - 8 months. anytime that we werent meeting we would text each other and speak over the internet and it was always her that said that it was ok to come over knowing both of us would have sex. on one occasion she had even borrowed a sum of money of me saying that she wouldnt be able to pay me back but she make up for it with sex (a point i forgot to mention to the police in their questioning of me)
    anyways i was questioned by the police twice with audio and video tapes taken however no solicitor present as i was 1 still in shock and cloudy minded and 2 i am innocent of this accusation and have nothing to hide i was detained in custody that night and appeared in court on the friday afternoon whereupon i was released on bail
    i am in a happy relationship and have been for the past 18months ive just left the army in oct 2012 after 22yrs exemplary record and have been in a job which involves the same pride and dignity the army bred into me of which i am now scared i will lose as it has a lot of dealings and involvement in the personal lives of the public
    i am innocent of these accusations and know for a fact everything was consented to by both parties ie myself and her and that id stopped immediately when she wasnt happy with what wed agreed to try however again with her consent we carried on having normal sex
    i have to point out i am in scotland and as all the dealings with what has happened has left me in shock and distress over everything and worry over maybe losing my job and my life being turned upside down i have no idea of what to do where to turn all my self confidence and spirit that id built up being proud that id done my time for queen and country has been destroyed and any help and advice from anyone here would be so gratefully appreciated ???

Hi and welcome to the forum but sorry you had to find us. You will get loads of help advice and support on here....there's usually someone around who can answer something...

maybe losing my job and my life being turned upside down i have no idea of what to do where to turn all my self confidence and spirit that id built up being proud that id done my time for queen and country has been destroyed
    Believe me when I say the first few weeks are the worst - shock, horror, fear, disbelief etc and what you are thinking in your quote above we have all thought too. It does seem like that right now - but - the FA has NOT taken away your past and you can still be proud of all you achieved in your career.
    She is trying - for whatever reason - probably financial (nice hefty compensation available) to destroy your present and your future. However, she can only do that if you let her!!! Although much of this process is out of your hands, al of it isn't. What you need to do now is write down every detail you can remember of your time together - even things which don't seem important - they might be. Try to find proof of dates and times etc any FB messages, emails, text messages and so on - this will give you something positive to do to help you build your defence should it ever get that far - which it might not; it might - but unfortunately that will be many months away.
    Have you confided in your current partner? She will probably be a great support to you...
    As you're in Scotland Lawlessone will probably be along soon to help you with the ins and outs of Scottish law
    Keep strong
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

As my home has stated be proud of what you have done for queen and country, nobody can ever take that away from you. Exemplary service is a huge achievement. HOLD it together and fight this. xx

Comment

I'm so sorry - MH is right, the shock, fear and disbelief is devastating. When you've lived a good life you have no clue about the procedures etc. Get some good legal support and keep your partner in the picture. She will be in shock too but you really need each other.
        Three weeks on and our panic is just subsiding and we can sleep through the night again.
        You will get lots of support on here.

Comment

Working...
        X