What can we/can't we say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can we/can't we say?

It seems that the FA or FA's friend has leaked some gossip to the locals. I'm not sure if she should but as Hub has been charged she probably can.
    People have been amazing saying how sorry they are to hear of 'the bother' and our answer has been that we can't really discuss it but thanks.

Several have offered whatever help we need and they will make good character witnesses if needed but how much can we tell them? The FA has anonymity but you wouldn't have to be a genius to work out who was involved.

Thanks for any advice, email and calls to sol are racking up at £20/£30 a time so with a long road ahead we are trying to be careful.

Hope everyone else is getting by.

Hi, Its amazing how people rally round and want to help if they can.
    If you feel comfortable doing so you can tell them as much as you want.
    How well do you know the ones who are willing to be character witnesses ? beware of the people fishing for gossip !
    Make a list of names and contact details then if you need them your sol can contact them. LP
    Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

I would be interested to know whether the FA or any witnesses are allowed to talk to anyone about the case.

I am pretty sure that once they have given evidence they are not allowed to talk to any witnesses.

It seems most unfair if the FA and any witnesses are allowed to talk to each other and anyone else post charge but pre trial, when the defendant is not allowed to discuss the case with anyone whatsoever!

It smacks of curruption and unfair trial - but wait, oh yes, that has been my experience so far i.e. witch-hunt!

Comment

Ha, the FA and her supposed corroborators are seen talking together every day! There are so many flaws in the allegations, it is laughable but it still makes us worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Justice View Post
          I would be interested to know whether the FA or any witnesses are allowed to talk to anyone about the case.

I am pretty sure that once they have given evidence they are not allowed to talk to any witnesses.

It seems most unfair if the FA and any witnesses are allowed to talk to each other and anyone else post charge but pre trial, when the defendant is not allowed to discuss the case with anyone whatsoever!

It smacks of curruption and unfair trial - but wait, oh yes, that has been my experience so far i.e. witch-hunt!
          What will be more unfair is that, when hub is cleared, she will still have anonymity unless we still have enough money left to sue her.

Comment

Originally posted by is there justice? View Post

Thanks for any advice, email and calls to sol are racking up at £20/£30 a time so with a long road ahead we are trying to be careful.

Hope everyone else is getting by.

Is he not eligible for legal aid (at the moment as the Government are trying to reduce it further until it doesn't exist)?

You might need to change your solicitor or at least enquire about legal aid first before paying out any more.
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
              Is he not eligible for legal aid (at the moment as the Government are trying to reduce it further until it doesn't exist)?

You might need to change your solicitor or at least enquire about legal aid first before paying out any more.
              We may have to go for legal aid if the case continues but our current sol doesn't take LA cases. Hub is very comfortable with current sol and would rather not change if possible.

Comment

Working...
              X