X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may help someone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrio...ality_disorder

http://outofthefog.net/Disorders/HPD.html

Still walking round feeling as though a bomb is strapped to my chest but a chat with a learned friend at the weekend about the behaviour of Hubbie's FA drew my attention to the above. Difficult to diagnose because these people are highly sociable and high functioning - however this is the FA to a T and hopefully the examples of her behaviour that we had already identified to the sol will give credence to this.

Has anyone used a private investigator to research previous allegations? Can these things be brought to light?
    I now realise we have to work extremely hard at this and any reliance on justice is like looking for flying pigs.
    Hugs to all going through the mill.

Hi ITJ

Thanks for the links. Very interesting and helpful indeed! Hang in there!

Comment

Originally posted by is there justice? View Post
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrio...ality_disorder

http://outofthefog.net/Disorders/HPD.html

Still walking round feeling as though a bomb is strapped to my chest but a chat with a learned friend at the weekend about the behaviour of Hubbie's FA drew my attention to the above. Difficult to diagnose because these people are highly sociable and high functioning - however this is the FA to a T and hopefully the examples of her behaviour that we had already identified to the sol will give credence to this.

Has anyone used a private investigator to research previous allegations? Can these things be brought to light?
      I now realise we have to work extremely hard at this and any reliance on justice is like looking for flying pigs.
      Hugs to all going through the mill.
      Sorry I can't answer any of your questions, I just wanted to let you know I've known someone with histrionic personality disorder and yes, they basically are attention seeking liars with lots of tall stories. The person in question got very good at lying and I reckon they actually started to believe their own lies. It's a very dangerous and very disturbing mental disorder as there's not that much research gone into it and people suffering with it generally think there's nothing wrong with them and deny any treatment.
      Some symptoms to look out for:
      -they tell their lies to specific people and cringe if you ask them about it in front of a close family member
      -theyre very clingy. But also hot and cold with those they love.
      -typically a 'two sh*t' kinda person. Ie anything you've done, they've done 10 times better
      -always have to be the centre of attention

These people are dangerous, not because they're likely to kill someone in cold blood but because they tell lies with no thought for who they hurt, and if they do hurt someone they don't feel remorse or guilt.
      If you think you know someone like this my advice is to phone their GP and tell them your suspicions. If you're going through court say you've been speaking to a psychologist in the pub and they reckon ....... Has a personality disorder and request that they are evaluated by a proper psych.

Big hugs as well to anyone going through the mill xx

Ps there's loads of different types of personality disorders, lying is a symptom of a lot of them. Have a look through the Internet. Just not Wikipedia
      Last edited by MeenaMammaLoo; 29 April 2013, 09:57 AM. Reason: Added ps

Comment

Spot on

Oh my god, thats the description of the man that accused me, I asked the doctor if there was a name for it. I described him as a "Walter Mitty" kind of character, someone who tells lies to make themselves look better, and to make themseves more interesting, like attention seeking. Its lack of being loved, or they have a low sel esteam. The doctor said it wasnt a recognised condition!
        The truth will provail.......

Comment

Thanks for this - the second link could point to motives for my FA but as I haven't seen nor spoken to her for 23 years, I don't know what she's like now - but I know she did used to self harm as a teenager. I've saved the link to "favourites" in I need for future reference
          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

All seems very very similar to Narcissistic Personality Disorder to me.
            A weird and wonderful condition, but not if you have to work or live with a Narci.
            Still here

Comment

The two conditions often go hand in hand

Comment

Also research Reactive Affective Disorder. Many liars have this and are known as 'RAD kids' if they are children/teens making false allegations. They have no conscience whatsoever and do not care about the effects of their lies.

The problem with trying to 'diagnose' somebody with Histrionic Personality Disorder (HPD) is that the Crown and their experts would say that this is the result of childhood trauma / sexual abuse. I note on Wikipedia that that they are waiting for a recognised mental health expert to confirm the 'condition' exists.
                Last edited by Rights Fighter; 1 May 2013, 12:48 PM.
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                  Also research Reactive Affective Disorder. Many liars have this and are known as 'RAD kids' if they are children/teens making false allegations. They have no conscience whatsoever and do not care about the effects of their lies.

The problem with trying to 'diagnose' somebody with Histrionic Personality Disorder (HPD) is that the Crown and their experts would say that this is the result of childhood trauma / sexual abuse. I note on Wikipedia that that they are waiting for a recognised mental health expert to confirm the 'condition' exists.
                  Thanks I'll look at 'RAD'. If HPD is linked to childhood trauma/sexual abuse this may be most useful given the stories that the FA used to tell in the office. Although disorders are hard to diagnose, my friend, a psychiatrist, says it is acknowledged that these patterns of behaviour exist. I'm working on the basis of causing maximum doubt coupled with a strong motive and something else that has come to light recently which I don't want to go into on here but is indirectly linked.

We all just have to keep digging away. What I really need to know is whether the FA or her partner have been involved in such a scam before even when not a couple. I don't know how realistic the chances of finding out are. I'd really like to get a grip on it all because hubbie is so down at the moment. We are all really suffering at the moment but it's worse for him.

Comment

Working...
                  X