Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by is there justice? View Post
    Thanks.
    Hub says he will ask people if he absolutely has to. What do you do about people who 'don't want to get involved'? There is someone who has commented in the past but says she can't be sure and would rather stay out of it. I like her but I want to shake her though it wouldn't help.
    Whether it's people close by to support you during this horrendously difficult time or to speak for him in court, you need people who are 100% behind him 100%, believe in him, and can genuinly bring witness to his good character, preferably with examples.
    People who 'don't want to get involved' are out - this is the time for the people you can rely on to be counted . We got several 'official' people to give written references (these weren't used in court but were good to have so that his legal team knew who they were defending), then drew a list up of other possible witnesses and in the end the solicitor decided.

Don't forget... whoever appears in court for him will be questioned by your barrister and the prosecution barrister, and the whole thing can be quite nerve-wracking. Someone who's half-hearted or reluctant may not stand up to questionning very well.

As for the jury - 8 women/4 men of mixed ages, they seemed to be very discerning, asked pertinant questions and we even got smiles from a couple of them when the unanimous N/G verdict was given.
    Last edited by whatsgoingon?; 23 April 2013, 11:30 AM.

Comment

How long does it take for the solicitor to get the statements made by the FA and her bestest friend? We don't even know what is in the statements and the only clue is the content of the questions asked by the police, they had two pages of questions to which he answered no comment as advised by sol.

Comment

It depends - on what, I don't know but it has taken us more than 4 months. They have now been finally relesed to sol. We will find out more on Monday.

Comment

Working...
        X