Accused of rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accused of rape

Close friend has been arrested and accused of rape by a 14 year old girl, he had been on a chat room asked her age she replied 18ish! she sent a photo of herself? she states she met him at 8am one weekday she gave him a blowjob! she has described his car make colour tshirt he was wearing and his ring, he has had the car taken away for forensics, his phone, ladtop,camera, clean clothes like the one she described incl a work t shirt(he would never have worn this outside his workplace never even wears when going to work)has to report three times a week has Police are concerned about him doing self harm.
    The facts: he to us admits chatting to a 18 year old girl, sent pictures of his car, him in a t shirt, described his rings to her, he admits he has been an idiot however he says he has never met the girl or been at the location where they were supposed to have met(had have seen she was a schoolgirl he would have run a mile has it was a school day)Sworn to his Mum he has NOT met her.The Police should be able via the National reg plate recognition cameras we see on the side of the road they record movement of over 3000 vehicles a day so they will be able to check these records, his car also has a tracker fitted so a check could be made, the Sim Card should also give information ie the messages sent and received from both phones and his lap top(its a i phone)he was asked by the Police if he knew her hair colour ? has he hadn't met her he didn't know (maybe a trick question)it now seems somehow his workmates know he is in trouble and type? how come ?someone has been talking as he works many miles away from the area.

Hi,

My immediate thoughts are that as his car is presently being forensically examined, if none of her DNA is found in the vehicle, this will tend to confirm his story.

I wouldn't place too much store in the ANPR cameras unless there is no alternative route to the location; similarly I believe trackers have to be activated? However it would be well worth him checking to see if any CCTV cameras overlook the location where the offence is alleged to have taken place and, if so, obtain a copy of the tape for that date before it gets overwritten.

Best to warn him that the investigation is likely to take some time especially as laptop & phone are to be examined.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Today Police phoned to say they will come to his home to get him to sign for his car that he can now have back, however he signs that he will not try and sell it till after the case is closed, know nothing else other than the last text he got was from the girls father telling him to stop texting her has she is 14 and he is 16 !! but he tells us he did give her his real age so she is lying to her Father about his age but guess he then must have scrolled back see his picture then reported it to the Police, if she had been raped? over 2 weeks ago surely she would have told someone ie Her best Mate?
      Anyway will keep you informed.

Comment

Accused of rape

Car returned, laptop been accessed by Police, he has a I-phone so any pictures he gets automatically download onto his PC so there are some pictures of the 14 year old on his PC !!(do not think they are unclothed) Police want pin number to phone(NOW GIVEN) they will see all text from both

He says she said she was 18 ish not until he father contacted his phone did he know her age she sent pictures saying they were old ones!! he is worried he will get prison just for having her pictures,

however it seems it the deed was done 0800am in a public car park in the Town Centre !!! all the Police have is a Car like his same colour was seen driving around the Town(NO REGISTRATION just a car like his!!)he is still insisting he has not met the girl , all it looks like is the text and HER word for it

he says he never arranged to meet her so if he had it will be in his phone he feels that he will be convicted just on her say so and just because a car like his seen driving around, he was supposedly wearing bling and ear ring well has he would have been going to work a little bit later he never put any on when he went to work as its not allowed ,

myself also bit worried he is not going to get a fare hearing because her age and with all the publicity over Jimmy Saville and could be proven he will get time for about five or so pictures ,the fact he never met her will mean nothing, also a private police force: have told his workmates he is in trouble but not said its rape he is accused of.

last thing they traced him via his phone number because it was on file has reporter of a stolen car again an identical one to the one he has now , so the fact she said he was riding around and the fact they had NO reg number to search for it seems they have put one and one together and come up with three.
        Last edited by Casehardened; 20 April 2013, 09:03 PM. Reason: Breaking text into paragraphs to make it easier to read

Comment

Obviously he is worried but let's break this down into segments:

If there is no actual proof that she was in the car (i.e. DNA or photos) this will cast doubt on her story,

If the photos are normal i.e. not sexually explicit, it is not an offence to possess these.

I must sound a note of caution though: it is an offence to 'groom' a child, even if she is willing, and it is quite possible that the police investigation is into whether this has occurred.

Comment

Accused of rape

Hi
            The grooming : according to him he asked how old are you? answer 18ish!! he then gave his correct age, he had no idea of her true age until her Father texed him "Stop Texting my daughter you are 16 but she is only 14!"That was it he stopped texting next day the Police came knocking.
            I have on facebook seen remarks by Girls who I am related to and how they talk in fact I have told her to stop using the F word she is only 13 some of the things they come out with are so risky I have text her Mum and told her to check out facebook, so if we look at things if a Girl want's to act big in front of her mates and say she has had sex(boys boast iv'e had so and so) she only has to say I gave him a blow job because intercourse or lack of would show up on an Medical Examination by a Police doctor.
            Honestly think the Police have little evidence they now only seem to be interested in the pictures, if you was going to meet someone you would not do it on a school morning and not in a town centre car park where you could be found out.

Comment

Hi,

I often find myself defending the police but I do think they are often between a rock and a hard place.

They have been informed by either the girl or her father that an offence (oral rape) has occurred and their initial reaction has to be that the allegation is true.

I think, as you do, that they have quickly realised that the allegation is untrue, but being a cynical bunch (probably due to most actual criminals usually denying committing their offences!) they will wonder if any other offences have occurred.

Originally posted by dinch View Post
              Hi

Honestly think the Police have little evidence they now only seem to be interested in the pictures, if you was going to meet someone you would not do it on a school morning and not in a town centre car park where you could be found out.
              It is well known that some teenagers do text explicit pictures of themselves so, in the circumstances, it is to be expected that the police will check for these; similarly grooming of underage girls does occur, so once again, the police will check texts for any evidence that this was happening.

From what you have told us of your friend's actions, nothing untoward has taken place, the police will run him through the PNC, complete their investigations, and send him an NFA letter.

It is unfortunate this has all blown up out of an false allegation, but this allegation is hardly the police's fault, and as you rightly say, the Jimmy Savile effect means that they are investigating every report.

Comment

Yes you are correct the Police are between a "Rock & a Hard Place" has they say in light of the Saville debacle and they fact they did nothing at the time so he "Got away with it" they do have to get it right and be seen to do it right I understand and agree with their actions, one thing not mentioned prior to me when the Detective who was part of the team that searched his home for Laptop,phones,clothing bling ect he did say to my friends partner " there are times when you interview someone and you think they are guilty but then after a while you leave the room after the interview and think "This guy is innocent"!! and this was the guy who interviewed him at the station.

Comment

update

Hi
                  My friend has to surrender to the POLICE on 1st July, both he and his girlfriend are fearing the worse ! have spoken to him alone and asked him again
                  1 Would they have found any DNA/Fingerprints in your CAR? NO! 2 would they find any DNA/fingerprints on the outside ie door /door handles? NO!
                  3 Have you met the girl ? NO,
                  it seems the accusations come via her parents statements?he says they originally arrested him and was conducting an interview for Grooming not rape and with his lawyer present answered their questions they then came back and said they were changing it to RAPE, at this point his lawyer instructed him to answer all questions put to him has "No Comment" this was to make the Police work to prove the crime, he tells me he made a statement to his lawyer who got him to sign it has being a lawyer he is a credible person?
                  The Nude pictures on his phone they cannot be the girl( guess Police have looked at them and the girl and can see its not her my friend said has the pictures are explicit its ilegal to send them but not to have them on your phone)they rang his girlfriend and asked if the pictures were her she said no.
                  Myself have tried to support both of them has best i can with moral support unless he has lied to me 100% and do not think he has i cannot see how they without any DNA/Fingerprint proof she was in the car(place where offence was supposed to happen) also the fact on his phone Dad text a 16 year old boy to stop textting his 14 year old daughter !! this alone is proof she would lie, also the supposed date of offence was some number days before the day her Father text him so if he had raped her she wouldn't of carried on contacting him would she?

Comment

It is interesting that you say he was interviewed regarding 'grooming' as I originally thought this was the most likely 'offence'; however as the saved texts she sent him say she is 18, then this is a good defence, as he hadn't met her he could only go by what she told him.

It seems like the BJ accusation has come through the girl either boasting to her friends or trying to deflect her parents wrath, either way as it is a fabrication it will be easy to pick holes in the story should it ever get that far.

I'm guessing that the 1st of July is the 'surrender to' bail date; he may well simply be rebailed, however if he is really worried he could ask his solicitor to contact the OIC; he may give an indication of what is likely to happen on the day.
                    Last edited by Casehardened; 27 June 2013, 05:48 AM.

Comment

update

Thanks for the reply, have spoken to him today he tells me the remarks about her being 18 was while on the chat line! anyway he rang his Lawyer re Monday she rang the Police who told her they are going to re bail him till August !! but she said she was going to talk to the OIC to find out more so thats where we will be on Monday re-bailed !! if i find out any more will post it.
                      Regards D

Comment

Update 5th sep

SEEMS HIS BAIL EXPIRES 16TH SEPTEMBER, However today he was informed(Police or Solicitor)that they wan't to re-interview him on that date at 3pm obviously this can mean two things, the Police have no more evidence but might wan't to ask some questions re his phone contact(chat room) with a view to either NFA or try and do him for grooming, (he told me it was not the girl who is making the accusation its from the parents?)There is something come to light they need clarification off before they do or do not take any further action its been going on for 5 months and it is taking it's toll on his girlfriends health, ie stress, migrains ect so she is under medication from her GP.He still maintains that he has never met the girl, my belief he is telling the truth, when you see the stars who are being dragged through the courts on the say so of someone who supposedly was raped/interfered with way back in the 70's how can they proved the case it beggers belief that something that far back without DNA or cast iron evidence they can prosecute, this YEWTREE investigation has led once it looks like there is money to be had from the BBC Ect by just going to the Police and saying JS made me strip naked them i performed a lewed act on him !! jumped on the gravy train, not saying however that some have been abused but do not believe all. how do you prove or disprove it happened it seems a person is guilty and he has to prove he did not do it, not the other way around, thankfully the Police seem to on the ball in some counties ie Jim Davidson who had been accused Outed by the press & media ie trial by press, damaged his good name all i hope is that he sues all the media who exposed his name.

Comment

Hi again,

Sorry to hear that your friend's case is still on-going; the most likely reason for the re-interview is that something has come to light since the original interview (i.e. forensics result, new statement from accuser, cctv) which, in all fairness, it is necessary to put to your friend in order that he has the opportunity to give a response.

It's not necessarily bad news as if he can respond positively to this fresh line of questioning it will reinforce the statements he made at the first interview. At least this time he will be prepared for the procedure!

Comment

Please tell your friend to take his sol with him for that interview. he shouldn't say anything to plod without his sol there - Good Luck....MH
                            "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

reply with bit more

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                              Hi again,

Sorry to hear that your friend's case is still on-going; the most likely reason for the re-interview is that something has come to light since the original interview (i.e. forensics result, new statement from accuser, cctv) which, in all fairness, it is necessary to put to your friend in order that he has the opportunity to give a response.

It's not necessarily bad news as if he can respond positively to this fresh line of questioning it will reinforce the statements he made at the first interview. At least this time he will be prepared for the procedure!
                              His solicitor told him they want to re interview him because on her advice when they said they were changing from grooming(if this is all they will do him for he hopes to get a warning )to rape she advised him to answer all their questions with " No Comment" she told him that they might only might put him up before the Magistrate next morning a wednesday so as she has that day off her Husband will be with him he has a lot of experience in Court, they are both fearing the worse,(my friend and his girlfriend) he is still maintaining he was not in the town that day, never met the Girl, Car was examined months ago, has he said she has not been in the car so nothing found, he admitted talking by text to her but thought she was 18 has she told him her age this much information he gave freely with his brief attending only when they came up with rape did he stop answering their questions .

Comment

Working...
                              X