Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for the trial

Well the time has come for my trial.

All the evidence is in, we have many inconsistencies including medical evidence, a previous sexual allegation that is disputed and a history of self harm/mental health problems.

Things seem infinitely better than at the start of the case.

The only bad thing is witness evidence which, although contradictory, does place me in a bad light. We go have other witness evidence of the main witnesses that are against me 'plotting' about what to say prior to going to the police so hopefully this (i know its a long shot) may result in charges against the witnesses for attempting to pervert the course of justice.

I have the support of family, friends, and this forum to thank for keeping me sane(ish) during this period.

I will be in contact after the trial (one way or another).

Good luck

I wish you all the best. I/and others know it is not going to be easy. I just hope that the truth does come out and you are able to get your life back together. Keep your chin up mate and stay strong. All the best and Good Luck.

Comment

good luck and i really hope and pray for you that get no guilty verdict.

Comment

Very best wishes, and if it helps you, and if you can, please feel free to post updates on this thread.
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Good luck this week. The emotions are like nothing you will have ever experienced before. Keep the faith and come back to us with some good news when you can. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Good luck from me too, SJ. Go for it! Please let us know!

Comment

The very best of luck to you my friend

Stay Strong......

Comment

The very best of luck for this difficult week LP
                Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

All the best for your trial Seeking Justice.

Always keep faith.
                  Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

I hope all goes well and smoothly.
                    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Good luck, SJ. Please keep us updated if you can.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the support.

The trial was adjourned until next week when, apparently, it is going to 'definitely' go ahead!

We have a section 41 app for previous sexual history to make and i hope, if this is successful, it will strengthen my case and bring out these lies.

As soon as I have finished the first day of the trial I will let you know.

By the way, I heard OIC contacting a key witness at the hearing for a statement. Does anyone have any idea of how long it will take them to produce the statement and serve it (bearing in mind we only have a few days before trial starts)?

Thanks
                        Last edited by Seeking Justice; 9 April 2013, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Hoping all goes your way this week.....keep us posted...
                          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Thanks my home. I am on the 'warned' list and have to call at 5.00pm every day for the trial.

It may or may not take place next week.

One thing is for sure, as soon as i have had my first day I will let you know.

The trial is definitely going to go ahead as far as I can tell, but both I and my solicitor are confident the truth will come out.

I am at a point now where my feelings have gone beyond anger. I feel that I shouldnt let my FA get to me in any way, shape or form.

I should not worry about 'what ifs', I should not delve into a depression if I am wrongly convicted.

I am determined to make my life a success notwithstanding anything that may or may not come about at the impending trial.

This subject is now close to my heart and I will have genuine empathy for anyone going through this system.

I feel strongly and passionately that genuine legal principles in this country have been superseded by naive and ill informed people who want to 'convict more rapists' and that 'of she says so, shes been raped'.

Although I feel passionately, I would not want revenge or anyone that holds these ill informed views to go through the same process.

I feel the whole process has made me stronger, and will hold me in good stead in the future no matter what the judge and jury decides.

Rant over!

Comment

That didn't sound like a rant to me!!!! You're sounding really positive and rationally realistic - what you say is absolutely true.....
                              "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Working...
                              X