Disclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
    OOPS my mistake - trying to do too much at once!

I know I had acupuncture years ago and I was worried for the doctor who administered it. He was VERY good looking and anybody, male or female who might take a shine to him and be rebuffed could so easily make such a complaint - not chaperone. Apparently the NHS cannot afford chaperones. I wonder how much it would cost them to pay out in 'compo' on such false claims....
    Absolutely. I have talked to a lot of people since and even some innocent doctors are very paranoid now and noone I talked to works without a chaperone and they have to pay the money out of their own pocket. I attended a seminar as I am contemplating a career change, and the first thing the consultant said was ''the most serious and unfortunate thing facing us today as doctors is accusations of abuse, so please be careful etc etc etc''.

Pretty sad time we live in. Patients deserve protection, however when innocent men and women cannot save lives without fear of some idiot accusing them its a pathetic indication of the times and society we live in.

Comment

Hi Stunned9 - sorry to hear it's still going ahead.
      Your Dad will be OK.... honestly, I promise you. Truth, honesty end up shining like a beacon.

'God is Truth ' said Mahatma Gandhi

These accusations are a dreadful affront to your Dad and your family and it is hurtful beyond belief, but it's only her word. For some reason plod, backed up government, backed by media, backed by the lych-mob want the word of a lyer to pervade. But it won't!

In the meatime.... you have to try and lead as normal a life and not let it get to the core of you.

Keep supporting him, just as you have been - you're doing a great job! x

Comment

Originally posted by whatsgoingon? View Post
        Hi Stunned9 - sorry to hear it's still going ahead.
        Your Dad will be OK.... honestly, I promise you. Truth, honesty end up shining like a beacon.

'God is Truth ' said Mahatma Gandhi

These accusations are a dreadful affront to your Dad and your family and it is hurtful beyond belief, but it's only her word. For some reason plod, backed up government, backed by media, backed by the lych-mob want the word of a lyer to pervade. But it won't!

In the meatime.... you have to try and lead as normal a life and not let it get to the core of you.

Keep supporting him, just as you have been - you're doing a great job! x

Thank you for kind reply as ever

Today I was very down, but hopefully sanity will prevail. I hope some of the Police are ashamed of themselves, they are meant to be guardians of justice.

Comment

Hi Stunned

Keep your chin up - far too many going through this now, has it always been like this I wonder?

I had a very bad morning today because someone brought me a huge plant and a kind card and it just killed me, took me hours to stop crying. I think we all put on brave faces but it's there bubbling under the surface and we have to let the beast out sometimes.

Make sure you have a mechanism to let it all out once in a while.

Comment

Hi stunned and a belated welcome to this wonderfully supportive forum. The ups and downs and swings of mood are in themselves unbearable - let alone the situation we all find ourselves in........allow your feelings whether high or low,,,and know they will change though it never feels it at the time....
            "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Thank you for you kind replies guys

She has changed her story so many times, first claiming he touched her twice, then changing it and saying oh no I forgot it was only once.

I have been pleasantly surprised at how strong my father has been. He has had very down days sometimes but he has kept his chin up that the truth will prevail. Our Sol also says she does not want to get our hopes up but she will be very surprised if there is any other outcome other than his innocence.
              Last edited by Casehardened; 9 July 2013, 02:39 PM. Reason: Edited at request of OP

Comment

Hi Stunned - all that sounds very promising, especially the fact she keeps changing her story. I think that most people in her situation would have been able to remember how many times they'd been touched had it really happened .

Also.... doesn't this person have the 'OYE! / Slap! reflex????

Comment

Doesn't sound like she is going to hold the story up under cross-examination if she can't get it right under the sympathetic guidance of the police interviewer!
                  'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Case and whatsgoinon, its beyond a joke now. It doesn't make sense at all.

When the trial happens (got given the date) on that date it will be EIGHTEEN months since this sh!t began.

Just a quick question, will there be any other hearing after this? Appreciate the time and the reply!

Comment

Hi Stunned... I'm not sure how many court appearances your Dad's had. If he's been to the magistrates court, there's a plea and case management hearing at Crown Court, when he should be given the date for the trial ( in my son's case there was just over a 4 months gap between the 2 CC appearances). I believe there can be more case management hearings but that's 'the norm'.

Does that help? It does drag on forever doesn't it? Really inhumane and I'm sure that in most instances it's unecessary.

Comment

Stunned.

I am sorry for your family your father has been charged and for not replying before as I remember your original thread.

In my case I had to appear in Magistrates court mid September 2011.

Plea & Case management Hearing 2 months later.

Crown court 3 months later and keep positive... Not Guilty the following week.

By the way it can only be good if you realise that she changed her story as you realised.

Keep faith.
                        Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

keep strong - stunned - it's an awful waiting time - but as BDC has pointed out - so often winnable.....
                          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

whatsgoingon?, Boys don't cry, myhome

Firstly sorry for my late reply, just been a bit busy. Meant to be moving away due to Uni (career change, long story on its own) and I feel crushed having to leave parents on their own, even tho I will be home once a month but still.

He is doing much better and still hopes this case gets thrown out, every day I wake up from a dream that the case got kicked out. He has been amazing, he has helped us, his kids,so much financially even now with everything even tho his livelihood is at stake.

I hope everyone wakes to their senses and just throw this out.

Comment

I hate all this senseless *rap.

I wish we could make them all fully accountable for the mental anguish they cause.

However, it sounds as though you have exciting times ahead and it will give you something positive to focus on. I know you won't forget about troubles at home but you need some good things in life too.

I'm getting those bananas ready .....

Comment

Hi guys,

Sorry for the long update, just have had a lot on my plate. I moved away to change career and further my education and I have felt stressed as I can't be with parents.

A recap for any newbie, father works as a health professional, he was accused of sexual assault via touching without consent twice by her. Her story and her friend's story completely and hilariously contradicts each other and the fact she changed the ''facts'' days later so their stories can match and she gave MULTIPLE different statements. We have all those statements with us. Now how does that even make sense and how does it even allow for this sham case to go forward? The CPS had been hiding a Police medical report which after great prodding they consented to release to us and which basically said that his conduct during the examination was perfect and in accordance with the relevant guidelines. Then one of Dad's colleague got interviewed by the police who said that the vibe he got was that the police knew it was a sham. Which begs the question why even allow such a thing to go ahead?

Trial not far away now, hopefully she will get exposed in court. Dad is doing okay, but nervous about the trial. As long as he remains confident it should be fine. Or that's what I keep telling myself.

Originally posted by is there justice? View Post
                                I hate all this senseless *rap.

I wish we could make them all fully accountable for the mental anguish they cause.

However, it sounds as though you have exciting times ahead and it will give you something positive to focus on. I know you won't forget about troubles at home but you need some good things in life too.

I'm getting those bananas ready .....
                                I agree! They will have karma coming to them one day too, all bad. What goes around comes around
                                Last edited by Stunned9; 14 November 2013, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X