Anyone help here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone help here

Hi I know I have talked about this a few weeks ago. But the social workers contacted my daughter today to tell her they are not closing the case. My husband as you know was found not guilty over a month ago. Yet the police and the social workers won't let it drop. He can see any child on earth on his own but not he's two grandchildren. What is the world coming to? They want to set up a meeting to say who has to be with my hubby whilst he sees them. Their father said they can go to he'll.
    We are all up in arms about this as they won't let us get on with our lives. We spoke with our then barrister and he said this shouldn't be happening and if he hasn't been to county court, then there is nothing to say this is still going on. Now even he thinks that the pc is doing this just to linger it on, as she would have got a rollakin for all the time and money she wasted on this case.
    Talking about the case, now one of the witnesses, who changed her statement in the dock, has tried to contact us via someone else, to say it wasn't anything to do with her, it was her sister. She must not be able to sleep at night, because of what she's done. Well I'm sorry but we haven't slept for four years, so looks like carmer is on it's way back to hit them in the face.
    Sorry but I've not been well and now I'm solo Oo angry!
    Hol

Hi Hol
    Sorry to hear this is still ongoing makes you wonder what not guilty stands for !
    Social services seem to make their own rules as they bumble along and this is another battle
    you must fight. You have been so strong all this time, be strong a little longer... eventually you will win the war.
    I am wondering if perhaps you could take advice from a family lawyer who specializes in dealing with social services ? I know you have had the best solicitor/barrister in your court case but perhaps they are not as knowlegeable on family matters.
    Best of luck with this Hol. LP
    Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

Hi Hol,
      So sorry to hear, I feel your pain,SS it would seam are there own judges and jury and that is just not acceptable, what more do these people want to do to cause pain, they should be worried about the liars, and leave the proven Innocent alone to try and get some normality back in their lives, my thoughts are with you and your family and I hope for every second your family has to suffer, the perpetrators will suffer an eternity, stay strong and hold your head high, all my wishes and prayers are for you and your family.

Comment

In my opinion following the Baby P case Social Services are rightly in many cases, but wrongly in others taking over and dictating without merit / justification.
        Sadly it is a game, playing along, working with them otherwise they issue a dictat.

Following the Not Guilty Social Services should have done a new report (to reflect the change in circumstances). You could really do with getting a copy of that to find out what there issues are that they are justifying, whether anything can be done to satisfy them.
        Hope this post helps. But this post does not constitute legal advice, nor a contract/agreement for it.

Comment

Originally posted by sparks View Post
          Hi Hol,
          So sorry to hear, I feel your pain,SS it would seam are there own judges and jury and that is just not acceptable, what more do these people want to do to cause pain, they should be worried about the liars, and leave the proven Innocent alone to try and get some normality back in their lives, my thoughts are with you and your family and I hope for every second your family has to suffer, the perpetrators will suffer an eternity, stay strong and hold your head high, all my wishes and prayers are for you and your family.
          Thanks sparks. I didn't think you would have to help me anymore. Thought my days were over, how wrong was I! We will get through this. Like LP said to me once, we've climbed the mountain, let the rocks fall themselves. I cherish your words sparks. Thank you.
          Hol

Comment

Originally posted by Mortons View Post
            In my opinion following the Baby P case Social Services are rightly in many cases, but wrongly in others taking over and dictating without merit / justification.
            Sadly it is a game, playing along, working with them otherwise they issue a dictat.

Following the Not Guilty Social Services should have done a new report (to reflect the change in circumstances). You could really do with getting a copy of that to find out what there issues are that they are justifying, whether anything can be done to satisfy them.
            Thanks Mortons. I will see into that. Nice of you to respond. I never knew they did a new report after the case was dropped. Just thought it was all over with.
            Cheers
            Hol

Comment

Originally posted by Hol View Post
              I never knew they did a new report after the case was dropped. Just thought it was all over with.
              Like all bureaucrats fearing for their jobs in this economy/with this government they will cover themselves.

Social services may have become involved because of the criminal case, but that doesn't mean the end of everything until they are satisfied there isn't any risk.
              Hope this post helps. But this post does not constitute legal advice, nor a contract/agreement for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hol View Post
                Hi I know I have talked about this a few weeks ago. But the social workers contacted my daughter today to tell her they are not closing the case. My husband as you know was found not guilty over a month ago. Yet the police and the social workers won't let it drop. He can see any child on earth on his own but not he's two grandchildren. What is the world coming to? They want to set up a meeting to say who has to be with my hubby whilst he sees them. Their father said they can go to he'll.
                We are all up in arms about this as they won't let us get on with our lives. We spoke with our then barrister and he said this shouldn't be happening and if he hasn't been to county court, then there is nothing to say this is still going on. Now even he thinks that the pc is doing this just to linger it on, as she would have got a rollakin for all the time and money she wasted on this case.
                Talking about the case, now one of the witnesses, who changed her statement in the dock, has tried to contact us via someone else, to say it wasn't anything to do with her, it was her sister. She must not be able to sleep at night, because of what she's done. Well I'm sorry but we haven't slept for four years, so looks like carmer is on it's way back to hit them in the face.
                Sorry but I've not been well and now I'm solo Oo angry!
                Hol
                Sorry, but I need advice off someone please!
                My hubby went to the sol this morning and they told him that the ss can visit us for the nest fifteen years if they want to, as the youngest grandchild is jus one years old. Bessie that it might be best if he goes to a physiologist to be assest to find out whether you are a rick or not! (what!) the report then will go ss and then if you are proven not a risk, they have to close the case. Anyone know anything about this? What does it cost and what type of questions would they ask? I don't want my hubby upset anymore and if this is too painful for him I can't let him go through with it
                Thanks again
                Hol

Comment

It's not at all unusual for SS to continue to be involved after an NFA or not guilty verdict.

We are all well aware that the innocent are often charged and found guilty. In the same way the guilty often are NFA'd and/or found not guilty at trial.

SS will be involved until they find out why the accused was NFA'd or if there was clear evidence at trial that caused him to be found not guilty.

You need to 'work with' SS even to the effect of agreeing to undertake an Independent Risk Assessment. If you offer to do that and say that you are agreeable to do the Lucy Faithfull Risk Assessment you might find they will change tack.

LF often work with real offenders but they will also do risk assessments on those who are protesting their innocence. I've known whole families be involved with this and have ended up with having their families back together again.

In my 'Mr Kaz' appeal case, he was released well before his appeal succeeded. Because the whole family did the Lucy Faithful Risk Assessment he ended up living back in the family home with his partner and two very young twin daughters (complainants were two young girls) 11 months after release.

That is unheard of in these cases. But they all did it and that was the outcome - and that was before his conviction was quashed.

Obviously this is not going to happen in every case but it is well worth offering to do the assessment. It is not easy and delves deep into your past. But the end result may well make it worth while.
                  People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                    It's not at all unusual for SS to continue to be involved after an NFA or not guilty verdict.

We are all well aware that the innocent are often charged and found guilty. In the same way the guilty often are NFA'd and/or found not guilty at trial.

SS will be involved until they find out why the accused was NFA'd or if there was clear evidence at trial that caused him to be found not guilty.

You need to 'work with' SS even to the effect of agreeing to undertake an Independent Risk Assessment. If you offer to do that and say that you are agreeable to do the Lucy Faithfull Risk Assessment you might find they will change tack.

LF often work with real offenders but they will also do risk assessments on those who are protesting their innocence. I've known whole families be involved with this and have ended up with having their families back together again.

In my 'Mr Kaz' appeal case, he was released well before his appeal succeeded. Because the whole family did the Lucy Faithful Risk Assessment he ended up living back in the family home with his partner and two very young twin daughters (complainants were two young girls) 11 months after release.

That is unheard of in these cases. But they all did it and that was the outcome - and that was before his conviction was quashed.

Obviously this is not going to happen in every case but it is well worth offering to do the assessment. It is not easy and delves deep into your past. But the end result may well make it worth while.
                    Thank you so much for your help rights fighter. This has been a great help. It's just like the nightmare is never ending. But we will get there in the end.
                    Hol

Comment

Hol sounds like you have had some good advise. Here is a little more that may help.

*The main thing here is for the parents to be very proactive about this situation. There have to push this not you or your husband. They have to ask the social worker what the issue is here. Is it just waiting for the paper work, new assessment and review meeting or is there another problem.

*If he is not currently aloud to see them ask if a three way agreement can be set up. Your husband, the parents and social worker all sign to say that he can see the children but everyone agrees he is not to be left allow with them (another adult is always there). This may help until they settle the matter.

*Highlight the affect that this current situation is having on family life and keep stating it until they listen.

*Social workers really have to watch there own necks (since baby P etc) so some are terrible about deciding anything without team leaders say so. The one that came out to see us had every detail checked by above before answering any questions. If no joy or answers from social worker then ask to speak to team leader. Just asking for team leader's name and contact details may speed up social worker.
                      Wonder Woman has a lie detecting lasso and will fight for justice

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwoman2012 View Post
                        Hol sounds like you have had some good advise. Here is a little more that may help.

*The main thing here is for the parents to be very proactive about this situation. There have to push this not you or your husband. They have to ask the social worker what the issue is here. Is it just waiting for the paper work, new assessment and review meeting or is there another problem.

*If he is not currently aloud to see them ask if a three way agreement can be set up. Your husband, the parents and social worker all sign to say that he can see the children but everyone agrees he is not to be left allow with them (another adult is always there). This may help until they settle the matter.

*Highlight the affect that this current situation is having on family life and keep stating it until they listen.

*Social workers really have to watch there own necks (since baby P etc) so some are terrible about deciding anything without team leaders say so. The one that came out to see us had every detail checked by above before answering any questions. If no joy or answers from social worker then ask to speak to team leader. Just asking for team leader's name and contact details may speed up social worker.
                        Thank you wonder woman. My hubby gets to see them as long as someone parents are there. But when we left court after being found not guilty, alls he wanted to do was pick up one of his grandchildren from school and get her ice cream like he used to do and that's when we found out his case with the ss was still open. I think it's ridiculous when the parents of the children are begging the ss to close case. Isn't that enough evidence to prove that this man just needs his life back. Alls they want to do is pro long his suffering and all because of my ex niece who no longer exists in my eyes.
                        Thanks again wonder woman, sorry for bending your ear, but it does make me very angry how the innocent get tearted.
                        Hol

Comment

Hol - check your PM inbox
                          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                            Hol - check your PM inbox
                            Hi rights fighter I've just got on now, so will check my posts thanks
                            Hol

Comment

Working...
                            X