X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accused of Rape - Totally Shocked

Hello,

I dont know where to start im in that much shock,

I was woken up this morning, to find a 2 police officers waiting to speak to me, I go down and im told i need to go to the station for questioning about a sexual offence that happend in 1998, i agreed to go down to the station with them, and when i got in the car i was told i was being arrested under suspicion of rape.

When i got to the police station i was informed that was accused of committing rape in 1998. Im 25 so that would make me 10 nearly 11,

I was told the name of the person who has accused me and i have no recollection of her at all, I was told that at one point she had hit me in the face with a golf club and i have no recollection of this either as i've never been hit with any bat or club in my life.

She has described what i looked like back then by my body type and hair colour and ive been told its a girl who lived around the corner from me and has named other names of children on the street as people i used to hang around with, but the names of the people she named are names or kids my own age who were tormented by people i would hang around with (im not proud of tormenting these lads but i was 10). i just dont know what to think or whats going to happen, im so shocked its untrue. having to explain to work why i could not go in today.

any advice would be helpfull

Hi and welcome although it's unfortunate that you have ended up here.

It will take a while to get over the initial shock but you will learn to cope.We've all gone through hell here, each one of us having his/her individual case to tell.

I joined here about 4 weeks ago (I think) and it has helped talking to others (I don't rellay have many others to talk to either) and lots of people will be supportive and help you through this diffcult situation.

If there's anything I can do for you, just let me know.

Chin up!

Comment

Hi,

The act lowering the age of criminal responsibility from 14 to 10 received Royal Assent in July 1998, so depending exactly when in 1998 the offence was alleged to have taken place, there may be no case to answer anyhow (google doli incapax)

Edit: to add italics as this defence can be subject to much legal argument!
      Last edited by Casehardened; 27 March 2013, 07:59 PM.
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum but sorry you had to find us... you will get loads of support and advice - practical, legal and emotional on here. Read lots of threads, posts and stickies - keep posting and asking questions - there's always someone who can help you.....be prepared for the world's worst rollercoaster of emotions though.....
        "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Working...
        X