12 year old son accused of sexual assaulting his 5 year old brother-please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mortons View Post

I never advocate anyone doing a police interview as a suspect unrepresented.
    In my opinion the people who need the most legal advice are not necessarily the guilty, but those who don't think they've done anything wrong, and those who haven't been arrested before.
    So true, especially the last category! The guilty may well already be known to the police so know the ropes.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Many of the people who I have undertaken legal visits to in prison did not have a solicitor present in their first interview. They all say that as they had done nothing wrong then they shouldn't need one.

One guy I went to see in HMP Brixton had no witnesses at trial as he was too embarrassed to tell them what he had been accused of. His words were: I didn't have a solicitor because I had done nothing wrong and I thought they would believe me; when I was charged I was astonished but though that the truth would come out at trial; I was convicted and I realised I had done it the wrong way.

He was devastated to be told that we cannot use his material witnesses for appeal as the CA would say 'the defendant chose not to call those witnesses so their evidence would not be fresh'.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I agree Rights Fighter. Even more so with these historic claims. Dealing with so so many recently where for people of good character believing it to be shameful to ask for a solicitor, and more so to ask for help in relation to that type of offence (even though its denied). Nothing could be further from the truth.
        Hope this post helps. But this post does not constitute legal advice, nor a contract/agreement for it.

Comment

I didn't accept the offer of a solicitor as I thought he would be so disgusted at the allegation against me that he would refuse to accept me as a client.

It was a revelation when I found out these were bread and butter cases!
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

thats what scares me they have no evidence and can never get any just the story of my 5 year old who is known for making up serious allegations and so my 12 year olds fate lies in whether hes believed or not and hes whole life will be ruined if again its a false allegation and hes charged,hell never be allowed home and spend the next 4 years of his life at least in care and theres nothing i can do about it but i really dont believe my 12 year old would of done it especially to my 5 year old hes not stupid he knows what hes brothers like and im also terrified im going to live the rest of my life bringing up my 5 year old in fear always wondering whats next

Comment

Working...
            X