X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hol needs advice

Hi guys,
    I hope you can help me, (again).
    First the good news, hubby is back at work Monday after worrying about loosing his job. But they still haven't closed the case of the social worker. Hubby went to pick our grandchild up from school and wasn't allowed. So daughter contacted social services (ss) and they said the dc in charge of the case was on leave. Next thing, the ss phoned my daughter and made a appointment to visit her, which was Wednesday gone. It was a different ss as the original one had left. This ss didn't really know anything, so my daughter had to go through the ordeal of telling her. The ss implied that although people get found not guilty, in some cases they are and then said that there was still cause for concern.(what!) hubby still cannot see the grandchildren on his own, but can be on his own with every other child in the world. It just doesn't make sense. Ss said that they need to talk with the dc (detective) and get her version and then take it up with her boss. She also said some cases go on foe years rather than months. Do we need to get our sol involved or just keep calm?
    Another matter is, were having an extension built and daughters family want to come live with us, will they be allowed? My hubby has done nothing wrong and was found unanimously not guilty. What part of that do they not understand. We just want to get on with our lives and put all this behind us.
    Sorry everyone, I'm usually stron, but I don't like to see a grown man cry, especially my husband.
    Thank you for letting me bend your ears
    Hol

passing blame and responsibility

Originally posted by Hol View Post
    Hi guys,
    I hope you can help me, (again).
    First the good news, hubby is back at work Monday after worrying about loosing his job. But they still haven't closed the case of the social worker. Hubby went to pick our grandchild up from school and wasn't allowed. So daughter contacted social services (ss) and they said the dc in charge of the case was on leave. Next thing, the ss phoned my daughter and made a appointment to visit her, which was Wednesday gone. It was a different ss as the original one had left. This ss didn't really know anything, so my daughter had to go through the ordeal of telling her. The ss implied that although people get found not guilty, in some cases they are and then said that there was still cause for concern.(what!) hubby still cannot see the grandchildren on his own, but can be on his own with every other child in the world. It just doesn't make sense. Ss said that they need to talk with the dc (detective) and get her version and then take it up with her boss. She also said some cases go on foe years rather than months. Do we need to get our sol involved or just keep calm?
    Another matter is, were having an extension built and daughters family want to come live with us, will they be allowed? My hubby has done nothing wrong and was found unanimously not guilty. What part of that do they not understand. We just want to get on with our lives and put all this behind us.
    Sorry everyone, I'm usually stron, but I don't like to see a grown man cry, especially my husband.
    Thank you for letting me bend your ears
    Hol
    Hi Hol,
    I am pleased to hear that the work front has more or less secured itself.

I am not an expert of ss but as you are aware i have my ongoing detachements from my loved ones and had this being pushed from pillar to post scenario come up all too often and it really does upset everyone concerned.

In order to protect both witnesses and minors it is stipulated within bail conditions and the ss are usually working hand in hand with the police further to any complaint ,and they have their procedures to act upon.

My sol explained to me in my case that the ss would carry out a risk assesment and report that is submitted to the police , and would remain their decision if they are satisfied with the reports.

It would seem that perhaps this hasnt been concluded as yet in your situation ? I realise the huge dissapointment and upset that this has caused you all ,and here we are again ,getting very little information on what happens next.

My suggestions would be ;

To clarify the position and establish some sort of understanding for the benefit of reinstating contact ,you could approach the police and get the D.C
    superiors details and explain the situation and ask for him to look into it (rather than wait until the D.C returns)

If this is then not looking favourable you could speak to the new ss supervisor and seek some more positive actions.

This doesnt mean to say that you will get immediate responses , but like i had to learn the very hard way"YOU CANT ALLWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT"

SS are equally meant to encourage unity amongst broken families and relationships, and if all the checks are in order we have little choice other than to have hope that things will be allright.

Good luck my friend and i hope you are more successfull than i have been
    breakmyheart

Comment

Hol, so sorry to hear about this, Just when you think life can resume along comes he next battle to fight.
      Try to keep strong. Always here for you LP
      Last edited by lonley place; 22 March 2013, 11:16 AM. Reason: typo
      Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

This is terrible it seems there shouldnt be ''guilty'' or ''not guilty'' but a provision for an ''innocent'' verdict. In this country you are supposed to be 'innocent until proven guilty' which would suggest if you are found not guilty, in the eyes of the law, you are presumed innocent.

I dont know much about this subject but have heard you can challenge social services decisions and potentially take them to court via a judicial review.

If you contact appropriate solicitors they will be able to do this for you on legal aid, and could even speed up obtaining the ss assessment.

Comment

Hello Hol,

Sorry to hear what has happened with grandchildren. I have friends that I can ask about the whole social services procedure thing. Before I do can you answer a few questions.

(1) What were the bail conditions regarding children?

(2) Did your husband and daughter sign a three way agreement with social services agreeing to maybe only supervised contact.

(3) Did social services do an initial assessment on your grandchildren or maybe more?

(4) What are the age of the children 0-5, 6-12 or 12-16?

I know that some of these things will count as to weather they have the right to act this way or not.
          Wonder Woman has a lie detecting lasso and will fight for justice

Comment

Originally posted by breakmyheart View Post
            Hi Hol,
            I am pleased to hear that the work front has more or less secured itself.

I am not an expert of ss but as you are aware i have my ongoing detachements from my loved ones and had this being pushed from pillar to post scenario come up all too often and it really does upset everyone concerned.

In order to protect both witnesses and minors it is stipulated within bail conditions and the ss are usually working hand in hand with the police further to any complaint ,and they have their procedures to act upon.

My sol explained to me in my case that the ss would carry out a risk assesment and report that is submitted to the police , and would remain their decision if they are satisfied with the reports.

It would seem that perhaps this hasnt been concluded as yet in your situation ? I realise the huge dissapointment and upset that this has caused you all ,and here we are again ,getting very little information on what happens next.

My suggestions would be ;

To clarify the position and establish some sort of understanding for the benefit of reinstating contact ,you could approach the police and get the D.C
            superiors details and explain the situation and ask for him to look into it (rather than wait until the D.C returns)

If this is then not looking favourable you could speak to the new ss supervisor and seek some more positive actions.

This doesnt mean to say that you will get immediate responses , but like i had to learn the very hard way"YOU CANT ALLWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT"

SS are equally meant to encourage unity amongst broken families and relationships, and if all the checks are in order we have little choice other than to have hope that things will be allright.

Good luck my friend and i hope you are more successfull than i have been
            breakmyheart
            Thanks breakmyheart I'll try anything, but this DC has bee one sided all the way through so yes I think we might have to go to her superior.
            Thanks for your help, I will keep you posted
            Hol

Comment

Hi Hol

Sorry to hear about this on-going problem, i find it very hard to understand or even comprehend the mentality behind the actions of the likes of SS.

If you have been found Not Guilty in a court of law, that should be the end of it!! These people should not be continuing to make you suffer.

its unbelievable, this is the kind of treatment I would expect from some third world dictatorship......not a free country.

Comment

Originally posted by browndown777 View Post
                Hi Hol

Sorry to hear about this on-going problem, i find it very hard to understand or even comprehend the mentality behind the actions of the likes of SS.

If you have been found Not Guilty in a court of law, that should be the end of it!! These people should not be continuing to make you suffer.

its unbelievable, this is the kind of treatment I would expect from some third world dictatorship......not a free country.
                This is true browndown. This is far from a free country. It's nice of you to show concern.
                Hope your doing okay and keeping your chin up.
                Thanks for your ear. Hope it's not aching!
                Hol

Comment

Working...
                X