quick question !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question !?

What does everyone think about my partner contacting investigating officer about me giving a statement? Because they havnt asked for any statements except hers and my bf and seing as I've had contact with her , her mum and dad and saw my bf very soon after this alledged rape wouldn't I have valuable information? Like how he was ,what kind of mood etc ?! I must don't want them to charge him when they havnt bothered getting all the evidence? What do you all think about this ? Why wouldn't they bother asking me ? I'm thinking its because they've either got enough to go off or they think its a load of **** . Maybe im being to positive :-/:-/

They are going to take their time unfortunately, they may never get round to you as it simply may not be important (ie wont prove anything on a basic level) just hang in there, chin up and ride the rough with the not so smooth.

its hard, but we all know what your going through

Comment

Ok , I just thought the fact that her parents told me they hadn't slept together and she told me that they had but no mention of rape would count towards something ? Also we live together ,so my bf actions and mood around the time this supposingly happened would be important !? I know it wouldn't be a deal beaker but surely they'd have to take it into account ? I'm just trying to think of anyway of clearing his name! Thanks for the words of support :-)

Comment

Hi moo1

I think in the early stages of these things happening every one wants to give the police as much information as possible to prove their innocence and stop the investigation going any further, I know I did!

I may be wrong but I think that the only time that the authorities are going to be interested in evidence that helps or proves your innocence is going to be in court.....

I like every one else thought that if you gave the police evidence in your favour they would investigate that "like they do on TV" quickly come to the conclusion that your accuser is a liar and then drop the case........however sadly it just doesn't happen like that!

Forget about common sense and how thing happen in the real world............

This is a nightmare world and you have to play there game!!

Comment

the unknown

Originally posted by browndown77 View Post
          Hi moo1

I think in the early stages of these things happening every one wants to give the police as much information as possible to prove their innocence and stop the investigation going any further, I know I did!

I may be wrong but I think that the only time that the authorities are going to be interested in evidence that helps or proves your innocence is going to be in court.....

I like every one else thought that if you gave the police evidence in your favour they would investigate that "like they do on TV" quickly come to the conclusion that your accuser is a liar and then drop the case........however sadly it just doesn't happen like that!

Forget about common sense and how thing happen in the real world............

This is a nightmare world and you have to play there game!!
          Hi Moo,

I think this is the reality that unfortunately so many have faced and the procedures cannot be underestimated.
          The police will not pass any of their interviewing or investigation process to anyone , so we all go through the trying to work it out and what makes sense to ourselves.
          We find this torture to take us round and round in circles ,and reach a dead end , awaiting for those in authority to inform of as to what happens next.

The c.p.s will determine the investigations guidelines so the police can proceed with the job in hand.

Only a good sol that has your best interests in mind should direct you to any enquiries and statement etc, sometimes we believe that full co-operation will lead to an early dismissal, but we should never fall short of the fact remains that there is huge media emphasis at the moment on sexual abuse/rape and this has put a huge obligation on the police to ensure that every report is investigated thoroughly.
          It remains that we are all considered guilty until we prove our own innocence within these type of allegations, and if they can build what is a successfull case they will charge and that is the aim!
          Every case is different and so difficult to determine the outcome.All and any appropriate defence that you can compile should be noted and kept safe ready for the defence.

This forum has helped me so much with positive support, kindness and great information and im sure you will connect in the same ways ,

Good luck and keep in touch and like us all ,we dream of hope and freedom .

regards breakmyheart

Comment

Thankyou so much for the advice and support . I've decided not to contact them and leave it for them to contact me . Your all right in what you say ! I just need to sort myself out and deal with it :-)

Comment

you are never alone

Hi Moo,

Sometimes in life it wont help you keeping your torments and suffering stored inside, and thats why there are so many lovely people on here to share whatevers on your mind .

We share tears , anger, frustrations,emotions and lots more .

I sense your urgency on wanting to no what happens next, the ammount of your considered relevant information, and what to do with it.Will it make acception to the police/cps decision , all this we simply do not no.

For me ,(if ever you read my story) i have kept my complete recolection of all discrepancies and of key witness defence completely away from the investigation and not once been approached that they want to be included into the investigations, and this demonstrates a normal procedure whilst a case is attempted to be formed, and i too would hope that they cannot see anything but an awfull fabrication and fa and i think we should all try and be positive and look on the brighter side that our innocense can be seen and proved for our freedom.
              Again we have to accept that any allegation is believed and they must carry out investigations within there own means and ways to determine truth and lies , probability and piece it all together, and sadly there is no timescale attached but if the cps are satisfied that in public interest they have a 51% success for prosecution they will have the police make charge.

Try to find your strength and i wish for you a speedy answer,

meanwhile there is lots of support for you and anyone that is in need.

regards, breakmyheart
              regards ,breakmyheart

Comment

Hi Moo1, belated welcome to the forum. I have read your thread , so sorry you find yourself in this position.
                As far as giving evidence to the police, I think the general policy on here is not to as it can be twisted etc. However, what you have to say is important, so I would write it all down and make your boyfriend's solicitor aware of it. If it ever goes to court your evidence can probably be used in his defence, but stratagically, it might not be wise to hand it over now..
                Good luck, I think youreally have alot of merit.

Comment

Working...
                X