Historical accusation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical accusation.

Never thought I would see myself in this position but I’m here now.
    This past weekend I was invited to a voluntary interview based on accusations that my ex had made from an event of nearly 4 years ago. Our relationship wasn’t the best to say the least and we ended pretty suddenly but kept in contact via phone/email for about 2 months after the split with me trying to reconcile our relationship to no avail (heck she even slept for 5 hours in the same house as me a month after the alleged incident) , I didn’t hear from her again until December last year (as she lives internationally) where she basically came out on FB and said the alleged incident occured, claiming I had admitted it in emails sent during those 2 months, naturally I said it was crazy talk and blocked her.

Anyway forward till march and here I am, the interview was ok and I opted for the duty sol who was competent but not exactly amazing, he just said answer their questions. I raised points that her mental health was questionable (she used to talk in detail of seeing ghosts etc) , that the evening wasn't memorable in the slightest and that our relationship wasn't amazing but that wasn't exactly a crime, and that our sex life suffered massively due to her discomfort with sex with me in general from a physical perspective and that because of that I knew restraint etc etc – gave clear examples (my current partner can also attest to this). She also claims I said something to a friend of hers (yet to be interviewed) with the accuser present about it, but I denied this and if I did its simply a twist on words, not evidence to the fact.

The duty sol was literally laughing (I kid you not) before hand at the case, the police had it for 6 months before doing anything with it, no arrest or charge, together with the emails – he basically said they would be lucky to get far with it.
    Obviously I’m not entirely convinced and try to be strong especially , but I honestly cant believe someone can just do this especially with so much evidence clearly showing her communicating with me and willing to see me briefly after the alleged incident ! What a joke

Hi iviv

I don't think any of us can believe that we find ourselves in this position......

I take it you haven't actually been arrested, which I suppose you can take a little comfort from.

I'm sure many others will give there opinions on your situation, i'm still new to all this so can't really comment on anything legally, but just give you my support

Comment

Hi brown.
      Thanks for your comments, i can certainly feel your pain.
      I have not been arrested no, just the voluntry interview with the police saying they will keep me updated regularly by mobile. They didnt even take my address down or anything which i thought was just odd (orignally contacted by work phone thats publicly available)

Just cant also believe they took 6 months to get to the case, the sol seemed to think that was a good thing.but again hard to see positives in such an awful siutation..

Comment

Hi iviv...my hubby also did a voluntary interview under caution. The oic also told him that she would keep
        him informed, I just want to warn you that the oic never contacted us all way through the investigation
        apart from taking my witness statement. Please don't think the worst if you are not kept informed as it seems to be the way of things. LP
        Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

Hi iviv - welcome to the forum - sorry you had to find us. You'll get lots of support and vice here. Mine is also historical from ove 20 years ago. Plod took 18 months to find me because I had changed my surname and moved 300 miles back home down the road (completely unrelated to FA). I was interrogated under caution in Nov last year and nothing has happened since....no arrest, no charge, no reinterview - nothing....
          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Sorry to hear about your long wait, im certainly not getting my hopes up of being informed along the process but we will see, hopefully my oic has some values :/

Comment

Originally posted by iviv View Post
              hopefully my oic has some values :/
              He/she probably has but the cynical side of me reckons they won't be the same values you and I hold!!!
              "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Hi iviv
                Sorry to read that you are in the same predicament as most of us, if not all of us, here. Were all going thru hell, I am for sure. It's difficult, I know, and although everybody's story is a little different, it all comes down to the same word: FALSELY!
                All I can say to help is, get as much evidence together that will help you, try (I know, it's difficult) to stay calm and clear-minded and write down every little piece of info you remember the minute you rememeber it - otherwise you'll forget it again (talking from experience.
                The thoughts of what's going on never leave you, but try every now and again to do something you like doing to try and keep up at leats a little normality in your life. Again, it's difficult but does help.
                Keep us posted!

Comment

thanks for your comments, I have tried to remember everything I can - though thats often a little hard as it was a life time ago in my eyes and I quickly forgot most things about my ex relationship when I got with my current partner.

I keep on hearing people saying here that I should not give the police anything, but I gave them some conversations that occured after the alleged incident thinking it would prove the mantra of 'if I did it why the hell was she still talking to me, sleeping in the same house as me' but now youv all got me thinking that they will twist it.

I feel sorry for my partner who has to deal with this too, we had a good cry in the car this morning and I resent making her feel this way despite her trying to be strong. so awful..

Comment

to add, I have just spoken to a local sol on the phone he said I just got to wait it out and see what happens.
                    He did say that what I said to the accusers friend if she says happened could land me in hot water - which hasn't exactly made me feel great. grrr I just want it to be over

Comment

Originally posted by myhome View Post
                      Hi iviv - welcome to the forum - sorry you had to find us. You'll get lots of support and vice here. Mine is also historical from ove 20 years ago. Plod took 18 months to find me because I had changed my surname and moved 300 miles back home down the road (completely unrelated to FA). I was interrogated under caution in Nov last year and nothing has happened since....no arrest, no charge, no reinterview - nothing....
                      My husband hasn't been interviewed at all. Is that normal? We're talking about supposed allegations 3 months ago...

Comment

Got an appointment with a local sol tomorrow so hopefully i can get him at least to give me some practical advice in person. I have no idea how u all cope its barely been a week and im in pieces, i cant stop being scared as iv so much to lose...i have a great gf , house and lovely cats that weve spent nearly 4 yrs building and i could lose it all on the fa of my crazy ex.
                        Does this get easier bc at the moment i cant stop thinking that id prefer to go out on my own terms then go to court and face all this....and thats horrible i know. I cant believe my life has come down to this.

Comment

Originally posted by iviv View Post
                          Got an appointment with a local sol tomorrow so hopefully i can get him at least to give me some practical advice in person. I have no idea how u all cope its barely been a week and im in pieces, i cant stop being scared as iv so much to lose...i have a great gf , house and lovely cats that weve spent nearly 4 yrs building and i could lose it all on the fa of my crazy ex.
                          Does this get easier bc at the moment i cant stop thinking that id prefer to go out on my own terms then go to court and face all this....and thats horrible i know. I cant believe my life has come down to this.
                          Hi Iviv,

It does get easier, I can understand why you feel so low as it's all such a shock at the beginning.

It's good you have an appointment with your Solicitor, I found it helpful to write down questions before hand so I didn't forget anything.

You will begin to find things easier in time, I know it's maybe hard to imagine at this moment in time but it does happen, even then you will have good days
                          followed by bad days when the doubt starts to creep in - come on here and vent on those days as everyone on here knows what it feels like.

Your Doctor might be able to prescribe something for the short term if you are feeling low or having trouble sleeping.

At this moment you don't even know if you will have to go to court - many cases on here don't get that far.

but I honestly cant believe someone can just do this especially with so much evidence clearly showing her communicating with me and willing to see me briefly after the alleged incident ! What a joke
                          Thats good evidence to have, keep copies for yourself and your Solicitor, handing nothing over to the police without his/hers say so.

Comment

Hi iviv
                            Personally I wouldn't say that thing get easier, but you learn to cope better with the situation as time goes by. I was in a total state of shock more than 2 months ago but am now 'coping'. Sure there are good days and bad but you learn to deal with them.
                            Gathering information and evidence in your favour and keeping up your will to fight help a lot.

All the best!

Comment

Don'tbelieveit is correct. The horror doesn't go away but you do learn to cope with it better.
                              As well as writing down your questions, I would also write down the sol's answers. Sometimes when the meeting is over you might find it difficult to remember what was said. If you write down the answers you will be able to refer back to them.
                              Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X