Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice please

Hello Everyone

Does anyone know whether a complainant can choose not to give evidence at court, or whether they will be summonsed to attend etc?

I have noticed that the lovely lady who has accused me has said in her statement she doesnt want to go to court!

Many thanks

SJ

I've moved your post to a new thread so you can get advice specifically for you.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Thank you for the new thread.

Comment

Hi, I am not really sure...have you read http://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/p.../rape.html#_07 No 7 on the cps site ? LP
        Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

Thank you. It does seem to suggest that complainants can choose not to proceed to the hearing, although they will offer 'special measures' and, if the complainant still doesnt want to proceed then they need to give reasons why i.e. i will feel scared and then cps say but you will be on video and noone will see you.

I do feel for genuine victims who may not want to go through the details even in special measures, as it appears the crown will effectively force them into cross examination (whether by a screen or by video link). I suppose if they have spent alot of money etc they will want the trial to go ahead no matter what.

Comment

you are very welcome...I get the same impression as you.
            In your case it will be a good thing that the "lady" will be cross examined imo. LP
            Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

Working...
            X