Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help

Hi there!
    I'm new to this but have been reading a few heartbreaking stories on here including herin. He's the one who helped me sign up by his story.
    My husband was accused of historical rape four years ago by his niece on his side of the family. During this case his niece mentioned my niece and the police went to her house and asked her if anything ever happen to her and she said NO. The case was dropped through lack of evidence after nearly twelve months.this took us a while to get back to normal living as through out the ordeal he stopped playing games which invalid his grandchild cos he felt awful. After a twelve month break away from the nightmare, my husband got arrested again, this time it was my niece who decided to come forward after she was already said nothing happened to her.
    Four years altogether now and were finally at the date of court which is 25th feb (Monday) I've never been as frightened in all my life. I'm 51 nearly and my husband nearly 57.
    There's been a no family fall out yet all her family have moved away funnily before the accusation was made.
    They haven't spoken to my mother in over ten years and have always been gealous of me cos I am close with my mum.
    They are al drinkers in a big way and and I think they somehow have been in touch with the other niece from the first case and now changed her mind. Apparently her drinking partner is her neighbour who is her councillor.
    I've been strong through this as I know by that a lot of lies have been told and I am 100% sure my husband is not guilty. My husband is fighting to see his barrister and hasn't had a one to one prep yet before the case starts on monday. He is so shy and laid back, that I'm so scared for him.
    This sight is very courageous but I'm so scared of loosing him. This goes back 30 years apparently.
    He keeps saying, what if it goes wrong, how long will I get and how will we all survive. He's always worked and we always go out together but we don't drink a lot and just like a meal out or a family day out.
    Now my strength is weakening and I keep breaking down. I'm not allows in the court room because they've made me s whitness on their side to keep me out. The pc was siding for the opposition from day one. They have put both cases together and one will be in the room and one is video link
    Please help me keep strong for my husbands sake.
    I don't know how all this site works so please forgive me if I get lost along the way
    Thanks
    Hol

Hi Hol and welcome to the forum - I've started you a new thread so that people can answer you and offer advice.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Originally posted by Hol View Post
      I'm not allows in the court room because they've made me s whitness on their side to keep me out.
      Hol
      Dear Hol,

Rights Fighter, one of our very knowledgeable senior members always used to quote 'there is no property in a witness' meaning you can equally be a witness for your husband as against.

It may now be too late but if you do feel that you have evidence which will support your husband's account of events please do contact his solicitor to discuss this.
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by RFLH View Post
        Hi Hol and welcome to the forum - I've started you a new thread so that people can answer you and offer advice.
        Thank you I'm sort of getting the back of this.
        I have to rush out now. Mums been taken to a home and need to get there. It's all happening here.
        I'll be back later so will read and answer all messages
        Thank you
        Hol

Comment

Hol

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
          Dear Hol,

Rights Fighter, one of our very knowledgeable senior members always used to quote 'there is no property in a witness' meaning you can equally be a witness for your husband as against.

It may now be too late but if you do feel that you have evidence which will support your husband's account of events please do contact his solicitor to discuss this.
          Thank you very much

Comment

I just finished in court yesterday, so i fully understand your emotions. I will be posting up what went on shortly so I would advise you to read that.

As for feeling like you havent been prepped enough by the barrister etc, dont worry, they will have a far better handle on it than you realise!

Comment

Originally posted by billykickass View Post
              I just finished in court yesterday, so i fully understand your emotions. I will be posting up what went on shortly so I would advise you to read that.

As for feeling like you havent been prepped enough by the barrister etc, dont worry, they will have a far better handle on it than you realise!
              Thank you very much. You don't know what this means to me.

Comment

Hol

Originally posted by RFLH View Post
                Thank you. Your words are beautiful. I feel I'm not as alone. I would read everyone else's and worry in silence. Now I can express my feelings and know you all understand.
                Many thanks
                Hol

Comment

Hol

Hope I'm doing this right. Don't know much about blogs and tags, so my appologies.
                  I have read good and bad on this forum and the main thing that stands out is the support for the people and their families, it's overwelming.

Hope I can find your post, to be honest I don't know how to look for a specific person, but I'm sure I'll find you.
                  Hol

Comment

Don't worry, just by being here, your in the right place and doing great. If you go back out to the front page my thread is the one entitled 'so worried' prob start on the last page if I were you as the whole thing documents 18 months worth of events and emotions. But the big long one on the last page goes through the court case.

Comment

Hol

My husband got a phone call today to meet his barrister on Thursday. This will be the only time he will see him now, before Monday. I just hope that next week goes and that's the end of it.
                      It's so hard for him as he works nights and has always been a good worker and a family man.
                      It was hard this time cos they got the social services involved and my daughter was taken into hospital and had her baby at 29 weeks. It was heartbreaking cos she couldn't see her dad. But she phoned him as soon as she had her daughter. And they cried with happiness as they were both well.
                      The next five weeks was the hardest, as he wasn't allowed up to the hospital to see his grandchild. That took a lot out of us all.
                      We all just want this out of the was so we can start living again.
                      Hol

Comment

Hi & Welcome ... I can't offer advice as we were lucky enough to get a no case to answer result.
                        Billykickass has written his excellent post about the experience of court and it well worth a read
                        Here's a link if you haven't found it http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...7775#post37775. Stay positive we are all here for you. LP
                        Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

Thanks!

Don't worry, just by being here, your in the right place and doing great. If you go back out to the front page my thread is the one entitled 'so worried' prob start on the last page if I were you as the whole thing documents 18 months worth of events and emotions. But the big long one on the last page goes through the court case.
                          Thanks, I found it. Wow! That seems so organised. I hope my husband can get through this and finds some inner strength. You have done brilliantly, well done and all the prayers and thoughts of people on here must have given you extra strength to get through. My eyes weld up as I was reading it all.
                          God bless you
                          Hol

Comment

Originally posted by lonley place View Post
                            Hi & Welcome ... I can't offer advice as we were lucky enough to get a no case to answer result.
                            Billykickass has written his excellent post about the experience of court and it well worth a read
                            Here's a link if you haven't found it http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...7775#post37775. Stay positive we are all here for you. LP
                            Thanks for your help. I'm just finding my feet on this forum but should be okay
                            Hol

Comment

Hi Hol and welcome to the forum but really sorry you had to find us. You will get so much support - both practical and emotional on here so keep posting what's happening and please don't be afraid to say how you are feeling or that you can't cope if that's what you feel too. We've all been there and throught the hideous rollercoaster of emotions you will be experiencing so we understand. I'm only 3 months in to my FA and it seems as if my life before it never happened.....keep strong....
                              "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Working...
                              X