No announcement yet.

Accused, lost scared destroyed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son was up yesterday to put forward his not guilty plea,there was not even a consideration of pleading guilty to anything.
    He still has to wait (on remand I add) till the end of April for his trial.
    His accuser is a vile person who I must admit has made me find feelings of hatred I didn't know I was capable of.
    Just today we again sent screenshots of her bragging about how 'cool' she is on various social websites,more the fool her though as they are all logged with the lawyer.
    So this will be a hard couple of months for us also,after a hard couple of months in limbo.
    I wish you all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by evian1976 View Post
      Tomorrow it would have been an entire year of living in this hell. Its going to be tough day.
      Hi evian - I know exactly what you mean about this - it will be a tough day and it's hard wondering where that year has gone and what life was like before all this...try to plan to do something very busy so that you are distracted all day and don't have time to just sit and think.....we're here for you
      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

The days are getting longer and the nights shorter, my mind is becoming a mess, confused and scared. I try to stay busy, but this is all consuming. With less than 20 days till my trial starts I am scared now, and have no idea what the few days will be like.

bah /cry

Comment

I know its easier said than done, but if you can get out for a while everyday it does help. Have you visited your GP to see if he can prescribe anything for you?
          And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Evian, I don't know what to say that can possibly make it easier but here, at least, you are believed and everyone is rooting for you.

Comment

Evian,

Stay strong. You are now on the final straight after a year of utter hell, the trial won’t be easy ( I know, I went through my own a year ago) but what got me through it was I got my chance after 2 years to get my side of events across and prove my innocence. Of course I was afraid of what may happen but the thought of all this being over in a matter of days was a great motivator to keep me going.

You are innocent, you go and you show them you are innocent. Held held high!

Comment

Hi evian - this could be a very long 3 weeks for you. You need to have a lot of physically and mentally challenges planned to keep you busy throughout otherwise your mind will work overtime trying to second guess what could or couldn't happen.... keep coming on here - post a bit on other people's threads and post on yours so you're talking to people who understand what you are feeling......

Comment

Evian.

I feel for you and Edinguy is spot on.
                  I have also been to trial and the last two or three weeks before,I felt I was in a bubble or cocoon as if nothing or nobody could reach me.
                  You must try to be confident whatever have been said against you.
                  There is a justice and some of us can testify.
                  A trial is challenging but it is the opportunity to show the jury you are innocent and the end of the unknown.
                  Keep on posting here and if you seriously need a chat,do not hesitate.

Take care and believe in yourself.
                  Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

This time next week I will be traveling for my trial, I have met only once with my barrister and still not seen her video interview, I was told I would see it before court to take the shock out of it but still waiting. The more I think about this entire mess the worst I feel. I am nearly there now, and want to just get pasted it and get on with my life and patch the mess I created between me and my partner...... but there is always that doubt, some mornings I wake up thinking right lets $%"ing have this, I will show you, I will fight..... others I don't want to get out of bed at all.

I do have a question mind, how do I address the prosecution barrister sir/mam?.

What the agenda for a trial, I was told mine would be 4 days long, do I go last,first..... I am ****ting myself right now and feel sick and low, so thought I would come post

Comment

Hi evian - this is probably going to feel like a very long week for you so I hope you have several different physically and mentally challenging activities to keep your mind busy and occupied. try to come on here every day and chat to people and post on other threads as well as yours to get lots of support and advice. Keep strong - we're all here for you.....MH

Comment

Hi Evian

You have a tough week ahead of you but then the chance of sorting this out once and for all.

You wouldn't be normal if you weren't terrified and feeling low.

I think prosecution has first say then defence so the first part will be difficult but remember to listen carefully so you can feed your barrister with any inconsistencies or things that can be disproved.

Not sure how you address the prosecutor but sir/ ma'am has to be a safe bet.

Take care of yourself this week x

Comment

Hi Evian, there should be no need for you to address or interact with the prosecution barrister directly - the answers you give under questioning should be to the jury. I wouldn't give them the psychological advantage of calling them sir/ma'am. Be polite to them, polite and respectful to the judge (your honor) and jury and other members of the court.

In our case (5 days), my son was heard day 4. The 'alleged victim's tape was shown first of all then she was cross-examined by both barristers. Next came forensics, character witnesses, his evidence, summing up by the prosecution barrister, summing up by the defence barrister, judge's summing -up (took most part of a day) then jury out.

It's a hellish time, but you're also approaching the moment when you can (hopefully) prove your innocence. Try to get yourself physically and mentally fit because it is greulling. I likened the court procedure to a gladiator fight - have you seen the film Sparticus? Concentrate on the case in small doses if it helps, but also try and relax when you can. We found watching funny films a great way to unwind.

Good luck

Comment

Hi evian - My thoughts are with you.
                            I'm sure this will be one of the worst of your life. But get through it. Then the work of your defence team can come in to play and signal to the jury that they cannot be 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

My partners trial is approaching and the momentum of it all is terrible. I cannot imagine how it feels on the week before.

We have spoke of nothing else for nearly 18 months. The worry is like nothing I could ever have imagined. The anger towards our justice system feels like it will never fade.

Our daily lives that have been lost due can never be retrieved.

Keep posting on here and I hope we can support you thru this hell.

Comment

Well I am here, can't believe this is really happening to me.

I feel so sick and so weak, so confused and scared. I messed up in my 2nd interview cus of my mind state, I fear I will just do it again :-(

Comment

Best wishes for today; did you have a look at this thread in the Useful Information section of the forum:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...xpect-at-Trial

Remember that it is the prosecution's job to unsettle you; try to keep calm, and answer their questions positively and honestly while looking towards the jury rather than the barrister.
                                'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
                                X